Ship as a transport vessel

Started by Rayneteir, November 01, 2017, 09:13:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayneteir

Since a lot of players prefer the ongoing sandbox play style of Rimworld, the ship is pointless because it ends the game. I was thinking that it would be really neat if the ship had an option, once completed, to act as a massive transport vessel that could fly all over the map (like a caravan, but faster and ignoring terrain). It should be able to haul huge amounts of cargo/animals.

If this is implemented, it would also be nice to see improvements in the cosmetic design of the ship and the way it is put together since it looks really strange as it is right now.

Also, Tynan and team, if you're reading this I wanted to say that I've been gaming for 20+ years and Rimworld is in my top 5 games of all time. Incredible job so far, well done!

Bergil

What about something that would work with the current system of caravanning around the map such as ambushes, random caravan encounters and the like. Whereas a space ship is more like a rocket heading into space and going far too fast to intelligently work with the current system.

So basic vehicles are obvious, but something like a star wars landspeeder or hover craft might fit your idea better?

Personally I'd want to see actual carts of any description make it into the game before other more exotic forms of cargo transport come about.

JimmyAgnt007

The OP is pretty much whats stated on the Frequent Suggestions List.  It would be neat but its not a new idea or something thats going to be done anytime soon.