[A18] Stonecutting/Drugs jobs&bills, skill confusion still present & unfixed

Started by mrsaturn, November 01, 2017, 06:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrsaturn

Stonecutter/Drug production is still bugged, since the time that these jobs had their associated skill changed, from crafting to other skills.

Stonecutting (a CONSTRUCTION skill job since the changes) is still using CRAFTING skill for bill control, for right-clicking pawn control, for determining who works the job, etc. Although working the job does correctly affect construction and not crafting. Essentially, these jobs are associated with two different skills at the same time.

Making drugs like craft smokeleaf joints (an INTELLECTUAL skill job since the changes) is still using CRAFTING skill, for bill settings/bill configuration, for right-clicking pawns, for determining who works the job and who prioritizes this job. Again, one job, two different skill associations at the same time. Same thing for bills at the Drug Lab, similar to craft Smokeleaf joint.

These bugs were reported early in A17 and are still present in A18. They need to be acknowledged again before the A18 patch goes live, and we are stuck with these bugs again, for months duration in the live version.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: mrsaturn on November 01, 2017, 06:49:47 PM
Stonecutting (a CONSTRUCTION skill job since the changes) is still using CRAFTING skill for bill control, for right-clicking pawn control, for determining who works the job, etc. Although working the job does correctly affect construction and not crafting. Essentially, these jobs are associated with two different skills at the same time.

To me it looks like A18 has reverted back to A16 (or was that A15) and previous where it is completely controlled by Crafting, but now no experience is generated in any category.

logos22

I'm seeing the same thing here. The tool tip says stone cutting raises crafting on the work menu, but it doesn't seem to raise anything.

NeverPire

I remember a similar issue with salvaging of scyther blades, prioritized with construction but requiring a high crafting skill to be harvested efficiently.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

Razuhl

The work type("Smithing", "Crafting", etc.) is determined by the building(to be precise the work giver for that building) that the workbench recipes are crafted on. If you want a different work type you would need specialized buildings for these recipes.

Neither of the two recipes are aligned with ANY skill or stat. Thats why they give no experience and get no advantage from a speed stat(The workbench speed profits from stats but the recipes themself are neutral). This can be easily changed through modding or in game modding. If you see these jobs giving experience then your running a mod that changes their settings.