Win Conditions

Started by slippy, November 03, 2017, 03:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slippy

I like the idea of having a new win condition in regards to the faction system.  At some point in the game, likely more late game time, you get a message regarding a faction that is your enemy.  Your mission is to go and attack the main stronghold (maybe each faction could have a main city or map that is somewhere on the planet) of that faction and take it over.  This base would definitely be a huge sprawling base and it would be no easy task to conquer.  But when you do, you of course inherit all the treasures that they have there.  That would be awesome!!!

Maybe better and even more late game, at that point you would now be tasked to take over all the different faction strongholds!  Do it.  Now.  Thanks!!!

I appreciate all the hard work in this game regardless:-]

Sbilko

You start with a few stranded people who fell from the sky and want to go back up. In no case would it be logic to make destroying an enemy base a win condition.

However, destroying an enemy base could be made as an offer from a friendly faction. They would indicate you which base they want destroyed, and when you destroy them they would offer you a large sum of silver which you would have to collect at their base.

slippy

It's not necessarily illogical.  A lot of people who play Rimworld like to play the game for many in game years.  I'm not saying Rimworld needs the win conditions I mentioned to be a good game because it's already great.  But imagine having the option of taking over big enemy strongholds to finish the game.  That would take a long time and be an option for those who like to play a single colony for an extended period of time.

Boogeyman

Maybe you could find out there is a space ship in a pirate base. And then fight them for it.

Sylvain07

New idea: there are an action "brainstroming" which can be do when there aren't raid, wounded pawn...
All the pawns do this brainstroming and after many hours, the player can choise among severals objectifs: " escape of this **** planet"  :P , "Attack this faction" , " to be the best trader with a lot of money " ...
the Objectifs shouldn't be  necessarily a end of the game. But the pawns should be bad spirit when you often change objectif.