[1.3] SPADE: a simple drone mod

Started by Princess of Evil, August 13, 2021, 01:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess of Evil

Scout/Patrol Automated Drone, Enhanced

Description:
This mod adds SPADEs: small automated tanks that can be enhanced with various parts to serve different roles.
They are capable of all labor tasks, both dumb and skilled, but not medicine or research. The list of tasks depends on parts installed.
The drones are very simple and are incapable of learning, though their skills can be changed with various parts.
You can make new drones in multiple premade configurations, as well as drone parts, at the machining workbench, after the required research is complete.
Drones require specialized, though easy and somewhat cheap to make, repair kits. Basic kits are made at the crafting spot. Industrial-tech or better repair kits can be used as if it's a healer mech serum, but only on SPADEs. Restoration kits are available, too, though they're more expensive than making a new drone from scratch.

Weapons
This mod, for no reason whatsoever, also adds four extra weapons: industrial and charge battle rifles, that deal more damage than the assault rifle of its tier and fire faster at the cost of burst fire, a tranquilizer rifle that needs to be reloaded with herbal medicine and is otherwise equal to the stock sniper rifle, and an arc sidearm that does very little damage, but fires extremely quickly, is almost guaranteed to slow down the target, and uses he belt slot instead of weapon slot.

Misc
The mod is currently heavily WIP. I intend to add some more research, a bit more armor and higher tier spare parts, though not a massive list.
Oh, and derelict bases as a faction and sentient drones.

Known bugs:
- If parts are replaced on an active drone, they don't forget their work settings, even if old work types are now unavailable. Workaround: just disable them before the operation.
- SPADEs love standing in doors. Especially cleaning ones. Invest in airlocks.

Mod compatibility
- This mod adds multiple weapons that are all incompatible with CE.
- Yayo causes extremely minor graphical glitches with its animation system, but you can just ignore them.

Author
Me, myself and i.

License
This mod is released under LGPL3. You are free to modify any part of it for public use, as long as you distribute the result with the edited sources and under the same license. Obviously if you edit it for private use then nobody cares.
You are free to include it in any modpacks.

Download
https://github.com/PrincessOfEvil/SPADE/archive/refs/heads/master.zip

How to install:
- Download and install the latest version of Humanoid Alien Races: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=839005762
- Unzip the contents of this mod and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.