[1.0] Don't Shave Your Head! - v1.0.0

Started by Dark_Inquisitor, November 03, 2017, 10:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaberad

Hmm, it looks like it's trying to load a hair texture that doesn't exist.

If they're still hanging around your colony (or you've got a save with them still there), can you open up debug mode and recruit them, then take off their helmet? I need to see what hairstyle it is underneath.

Otherwise, I'll look at making an update which logs some stuff so I can figure out what's going on.

gaberad

I've pushed out an update that's added some options/settings:

Use Fallback Texture: if you want to use the fallback textures or not

Log Fallback: logs when a fallback texture is used to the debug log

@Ilya can you update, turn on both options, then copy/paste the debug log messages (they should start with "DSYH"), as well as the name of the pawns with the unloaded texture?

https://github.com/gaberad/DontShaveYourHead/tree/fallback-texture

Ilya

Sorry, but that save was already gone by the time you asked me to do these things (my colony died). I'll update and if I get this bug again I'll definitely post the log messages.

Tenshi~Akari

Quote from: gaberad on April 06, 2020, 04:59:33 AM
I've pushed out an update that's added some options/settings:

Use Fallback Texture: if you want to use the fallback textures or not

Log Fallback: logs when a fallback texture is used to the debug log

@Ilya can you update, turn on both options, then copy/paste the debug log messages (they should start with "DSYH"), as well as the name of the pawns with the unloaded texture?

https://github.com/gaberad/DontShaveYourHead/tree/fallback-texture

Thanks for this... however, I'm running across an issue when accessing the options in general from the Mod Options menu, it'll come up, but the window will never close (whether it's hitting escape, the X, or the "close" button), and I'm forced to close the whole game out through Windows Task Manager.

This comes up when I do manage to hit ESC:

Root level exception in OnGUI(): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at DontShaveYourHead.Controller.WriteSettings () [0x00005] in <07c74471da224d13ae041b0628719093>:0
  at RimWorld.Dialog_VanillaModSettings.PreClose () [0x00016] in <16781bf8b2ce4f1e84cb63572631a10b>:0
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.WindowStack.DMD<DMD<TryRemove_Patch0>?-786688640::TryRemove_Patch0>(Verse.WindowStack,Verse.Window,bool)
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Window.DMD<DMD<Close_Patch1>?582543872::Close_Patch1>(Verse.Window,bool)
  at Verse.Window.OnCancelKeyPressed () [0x00008] in <58bc5463bfe241aba9aceffaf347f4fd>:0
  at Verse.WindowStack.Notify_PressedCancel () [0x00056] in <58bc5463bfe241aba9aceffaf347f4fd>:0
  at Verse.WindowStack.HandleEventsHighPriority () [0x00042] in <58bc5463bfe241aba9aceffaf347f4fd>:0
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.UIRoot.DMD<DMD<UIRootOnGUI_Patch1>?1894367616::UIRootOnGUI_Patch1>(Verse.UIRoot)
  at Verse.UIRoot_Entry.UIRootOnGUI () [0x00000] in <58bc5463bfe241aba9aceffaf347f4fd>:0
  at Verse.Root.OnGUI () [0x0003d] in <58bc5463bfe241aba9aceffaf347f4fd>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.Root:OnGUI()

Naiyasfury

So I updated all the 1.1 non expansion hairs for personal use and I'd be interested in sharing if anyone wants them. Not sure what the proper way to go about sharing them is though. I've included a preview in case anyone was curious what they looked like.

FosterKicks

Quote from: Naiyasfury on May 26, 2020, 04:19:01 PM
So I updated all the 1.1 non expansion hairs for personal use and I'd be interested in sharing if anyone wants them. Not sure what the proper way to go about sharing them is though. I've included a preview in case anyone was curious what they looked like.

If you could share them, that would be cool. You can upload them to google drive or some other file host.

Naiyasfury

Thanks, here's the updated textures. I was just wondering if I needed to make my own branch in the github repo. I'll just share the link here unless I hear different.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar4Q-R5LrvrKjRXEYM8zDEXOc817?e=NP6VuQ

Put the contents inside the Don't Shave Your Head folder that's located in your Rimworld>Mods folder. The folder structure should be correct, but let me know if anything is funky. Enjoy <3

Edit: I should note that I made these to work with vanilla armor. I have no idea what they'll look like with modded helmets.

Edit2: I have updated this to better work with modded clothes/armor. You'll need to redownload the file. The above link now lead to the updated file.

gaberad

I'm in the process of updating this for 1.2, hopefully will have an update in the next couple of days.

@Naiyasfury, I can include your textures in the update, if you're ok with that?

@Tenshi~Akari, it was a while ago, but I see that error now. I'll try and figure out what's going on.

gaberad

1.2 update
https://github.com/gaberad/DontShaveYourHead

doesn't include Naiyasfury's hair, but I can put out another update later.

let me know if you run into any issues.

Alenerel

Quote from: gaberad on September 26, 2020, 12:19:08 AM
1.2 update
https://github.com/gaberad/DontShaveYourHead

doesn't include Naiyasfury's hair, but I can put out another update later.

let me know if you run into any issues.

I dont understand. Is your update lacking? Could you add all the remaining hairs?

Also I get this error:
https://snipboard.io/swMift.jpg

gaberad

that error should be fixed now.

I'm not really playing rimworld anymore, so if I ever pick it up again I'll add Naiyasfury's hair in an update, but it's easy enough to add them manually yourself.

Alenerel

Quote from: gaberad on October 02, 2020, 07:55:10 PM
that error should be fixed now.

I'm not really playing rimworld anymore, so if I ever pick it up again I'll add Naiyasfury's hair in an update, but it's easy enough to add them manually yourself.

It work now. All I have to do is copy her hairs into yours, right? Or yours into hers?

Tenshi~Akari

Just reporting in to say thanks again for the updates, gaberad. 

The unfortunate news I bring from on my end though: I seem to be having issues getting it to even work at all in 1.2... none of the hairs are showing up under any of the available hats, and I've even tried this on a barebones mod setup (Required mods like Harmony & HugsLib, Prepare Carefully, a random compatible hair mod with the proper subfolder/naming setup, a random apparel mod, and DSYH). Still having pawns lose their 'dos upon equipping hats and helmets, regardless of how they're tagged. Still no changes seen in either Prepare Carefully preview or on the actual map. Not sure what's going on if I'm the only one experiencing this...  :-\

Then again, if it makes any difference, I currently have the Royalty expansion enabled, so I'm not sure if that has much to do with it working or not.

Alenerel

Maybe it lacks some hairs. I directly copied Naiyasfury's hairs into gaberad's mod. Try that and see if it works.

Tenshi~Akari

Quote from: Alenerel on October 08, 2020, 05:56:06 AM
Maybe it lacks some hairs. I directly copied Naiyasfury's hairs into gaberad's mod. Try that and see if it works.

Trust me, I did that a while ago. I have all the files sub-foldered and named accordingly for it to work for all the hair mods I've got activated so far. DSYH was working fine prior to the most recent 1.2 update a couple of weeks ago, but now it's just not showing the modified hairs at all under hats. I'm still trying to figure out what got busted on my end if it's working fine for everybody else.  :(