[1.0] Don't Shave Your Head! - v1.0.0

Started by Dark_Inquisitor, November 03, 2017, 10:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kori

Do you also use the Show Hair with Hats mod by Kiame? They are not compatible.

Tapeshoe

No, this and Rimsenal are the only hair related mods I have.

Kori

Tapeshoe

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Tapeshoe on February 20, 2018, 10:36:21 AM
Hey I downloaded the GitHub update but I still have the hair sticking through the tops of hats like previously mentioned, is there something I can do to fix this?

Did you load an existing save after this and not re-equip any headgear?
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Tapeshoe

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on February 20, 2018, 04:51:35 PM
Quote from: Tapeshoe on February 20, 2018, 10:36:21 AM
Hey I downloaded the GitHub update but I still have the hair sticking through the tops of hats like previously mentioned, is there something I can do to fix this?

Did you load an existing save after this and not re-equip any headgear?

I tested it with a fresh colony.

Edit: changed fresh save to fresh colony.

Harry_Dicks

Something else is going on, because this mod hasn't had any other issues like this so far that I know of.

Have you tried running only this mod, and still having issues? Can you check the file contents of the mod directory to make sure nothing looks out of place? Did you click this link https://www.nexusmods.com/rimworld/download/1728/? and extract it to your Mods folder, and make sure to NOT overwrite any older folders (aka you checked and deleted any older/soon to be replaced versions?)?

Tapeshoe

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 20, 2018, 10:27:50 PM
Something else is going on, because this mod hasn't had any other issues like this so far that I know of.

Have you tried running only this mod, and still having issues? Can you check the file contents of the mod directory to make sure nothing looks out of place? Did you click this link https://www.nexusmods.com/rimworld/download/1728/? and extract it to your Mods folder, and make sure to NOT overwrite any older folders (aka you checked and deleted any older/soon to be replaced versions?)?

Ayyy, it appears to be the Children and Pregnancy mod. Thank you.

Harry_Dicks

Ah yes. That also causes issues with Zombieland and Rim of Madness pawns (zombies and cosmic horrors, respectively).

I think it has something to do with baseHuman activating the 3 earlier lifestages and then it somehow messes up where the hair gets rendered on some pawns and the ones I mentioned from the mods above.

Hopefully the author, Thirite, can get this sorted out. Because I really want to use "Children and Pregnancy", along with "Children, School, and Learning". What I can only assume, from what little knowledge I have and having conversed with others vastly more knowledgeable than me, is that Children and Pregnancy doesn't have built it exceptions, or something like that, to stop itself from messing with something that other mods depend on the function properly. All of that is way beyond me, though ::)

I think it would be a lot of fun if you want to do a long game, and maybe say my new colony will only accept new colonists that are part of my family. Starting pawns could be a mother and father, with maybe a child or two, whatever ages. You could setup in the defs what ages you want each stage to occur at, as well as in the mod options what ages children can start going to school and/or teaching, working, restricted work skills, skill inheritance, etc.

I know the whole pregnancy thing isn't for everyone, but c'mon, that sounds like it can be pretty fun if you want that for a long term game. Combining the two mods means you get the awesome teacher and school parts from one mod, and then all of the life stages and proper pregnancies from the other.

These screenshots do make it look really nice.

Ruisuki

Ive been meaning to try pregnancy but heard it had a slight incompatibility with Facial Stuff. Killface said it could be fixed but it'd have to be on the other modders end. Unless its been patched in the last year Harry

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 21, 2018, 05:31:15 PM
Ive been meaning to try pregnancy but heard it had a slight incompatibility with Facial Stuff. Killface said it could be fixed but it'd have to be on the other modders end. Unless its been patched in the last year Harry

It is on Thirite's end, you're correct.

Mufflamingo

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 21, 2018, 10:54:50 AM
Ah yes. That also causes issues with Zombieland and Rim of Madness pawns (zombies and cosmic horrors, respectively).

I think it has something to do with baseHuman activating the 3 earlier lifestages and then it somehow messes up where the hair gets rendered on some pawns and the ones I mentioned from the mods above.

Hopefully the author, Thirite, can get this sorted out. Because I really want to use "Children and Pregnancy", along with "Children, School, and Learning". What I can only assume, from what little knowledge I have and having conversed with others vastly more knowledgeable than me, is that Children and Pregnancy doesn't have built it exceptions, or something like that, to stop itself from messing with something that other mods depend on the function properly. All of that is way beyond me, though ::)

I think it would be a lot of fun if you want to do a long game, and maybe say my new colony will only accept new colonists that are part of my family. Starting pawns could be a mother and father, with maybe a child or two, whatever ages. You could setup in the defs what ages you want each stage to occur at, as well as in the mod options what ages children can start going to school and/or teaching, working, restricted work skills, skill inheritance, etc.

I know the whole pregnancy thing isn't for everyone, but c'mon, that sounds like it can be pretty fun if you want that for a long term game. Combining the two mods means you get the awesome teacher and school parts from one mod, and then all of the life stages and proper pregnancies from the other.

These screenshots do make it look really nice.

YOU MONSTER. YOU WAKE THEM UP AT 5 AND MAKE THEM GO TO SCHOOL AT 6?!?!?
Bleeeee. . . . .

KittenRaee

sumghai

KittenRaee, Dark_Inquisitor has already stated in his mod index thread that he's going through a rough patch right now, and would appreciate everyone's patience:

Quote from: Dark_Inquisitor on June 29, 2018, 09:55:34 PM
Hello everyone.
This post will be a bit different from all the others. So if you're not specially interested in those mods or in the future plans, you may stop reading it right here.

I'll start with explaining why i was away for such a long time (over 3 months) and then say a word about future plans.
I've just successfully ended 2nd year (4th semester) of university - and for some reason, this semester finals were absolutely awful. I'm really glad i took that break - without it, well, I'd not pass this semester and lose a year of my life. Still it costed me over a month of sleepless nights and a tanker of energy drinks.
If that wasn't enough, my grandma (that i lived with for over 8 years) recently passed away. Needless to say, It was a really big hit for me. So yeah.

I really don't want anyone to think that I'm trying to get some pity or sympathy or whatever. I recently found out that 1.0 unstable was released, and I just wanted to leave this here for anyone interested in my stuff to let them know that i'm not fooling around.
As for future plans... I don't know when I'll start working on it all again. I hope I'll get myself together soon.
I know that most won't care, but... let your loved ones know that you're with them. Especially if they are running out of time.
~Dark

Kiame

I do not plan to take this mod over but i can see about at least getting it updated for 1.0

(no promises as i know this uses a transpiler which, beyond simple tasks, I'm clueless with)