[1.0] Don't Shave Your Head! - v1.0.0

Started by Dark_Inquisitor, November 03, 2017, 10:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsunamy

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 07, 2018, 06:33:12 PM
Well damn, I totally forgot about this mod. Probably should finish that 90% done update I've been sitting on for like 2 weeks

(I blame DarkInquisitor for not nagging me enough, it's all his fault)
Yes please!

NoImageAvailable

"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

sumghai

Mucho, mucho gracias NoImageAvailable for the update!

And big thanks to DarkInquisitor for adding compatibility with my RimNGE hair mod:

Draconomial

Face Stuff 1.0 also performs the same functions as this mod

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Draconomial on November 24, 2018, 07:00:53 PM
Face Stuff 1.0 also performs the same functions as this mod

But this mod won't turn your pawns into mutants
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Deer87

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 07, 2018, 09:57:27 PM
1.0 Update brought to you by insomnia

https://github.com/NoImageAvailable/DontShaveYourHead/releases/tag/1.0.0

Horray Horray what a wonderful day, for I can get the 1.0 mod :D

Btw, if you accept wishes. The Hair styles from Ancient Rim would be a really neat addon. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=35161.90

Thanks for a great mod

Vorpeseda

A friend of mine has asked me to look at possibly making some modded hairs compatible with this mod.

Looking at the guide, and checking the DSYH folders and original textures, I think I've figured out how to make it work.

One question I have, is when editing existing hairstyles into UpperHead and FullHead versions, was there something specific used for a template to make sure the hairs were cropped at the right position?

BlueTressym

Hi.  Thank you for making this mod; the 'No hair or clipped hair' problem was bugging me. 

I am having one issue with it, however, involving a mod called 'Gradient Hair' by Automatic.  When I have this mod active, the gradient stops showing.  According to Prep. C. and the Change Dresser, it's still there, as in the secondary colour is still selected and the button 'on', but only one colour shows, both on those screens and on the game screen. 

Is there any way this can be changed so that the secondary hair colour shows?  I don't know enough about how displaying things that can be various colours is done to know if this can be adjusted. 

I have a couple of pics of a character created with gradient hair and of the same character losing the gradient when this mod is added in.  Her hairstyle is from Xeva's Rimhair (I tested with vanilla styles as well).  The rest of it works fine; I tested to see how it looked with a hat and it looks great, just without the gradient. 

I tested without this mod but with 'Show Hair With Hats' and it shows the gradient fine but there's the 'clipped hair' - not a good look. 

I really hope it's possible to convince this mod and 'Gradient Hair' to play together nicely, as I love both. 

Please let me know if I can do anything more to help. 

(OK, so it won't let me attach all of them so I've put in links to shared files)

No Gradient

No Gradient Hatted

Using ShowHairWithHats

[attachment deleted due to age]

Vorpeseda

I've been doing some work on patches for this mod. I've done the Lord of the Rims hairs for Elves, Dwarves and Hobbits. I've attached that to this post.

For a bunch of other ones, (GloomyHair, Roppoi Hair, Lovely Hair Style, Lolidrop's Hairshop) I've been pretty much doing them as the need arrives. Because even just doing the UpperHead versions, that still ends up being quite a lot of files.

Kubouch

The hair in the top preview seems to be bugged with the latest GitHub release:

Using vanilla RimWorld 1.0.2408 with only DSYH enabled.

Aidan

I've been using "Show hair with hats" and I was bummed because it wasn't quite like I remembered it, turns out that I used to use this mod, not SHWH lmao. I hope some other hair mods get support because I really prefer this mod.

Shaunb451

Hope this mod is still being worked on, it is truly a wonderful thing. Any updates would be greatly appreciated

rooki1

gaberad

updated this for 1.1 here:
https://github.com/gaberad/DontShaveYourHead/tree/v1.1

Seemed to work fine with my tests, but let me know if there are any issues with it.

Also working on an experimental build that edits the original hair texture via code, rather than having to supply textures for each hair style. Proof of concept works, I just have to fine tune the editing process.

If I can get it to work properly, it should mean we wouldn't have to create these extra textures for hair styles, and should be compatible with any hair mod/head gear. We'll see how it goes.

Ilya

Quote from: gaberad on March 08, 2020, 03:27:08 AM
updated this for 1.1 here:
https://github.com/gaberad/DontShaveYourHead/tree/v1.1

Seemed to work fine with my tests, but let me know if there are any issues with it.

Also working on an experimental build that edits the original hair texture via code, rather than having to supply textures for each hair style. Proof of concept works, I just have to fine tune the editing process.

If I can get it to work properly, it should mean we wouldn't have to create these extra textures for hair styles, and should be compatible with any hair mod/head gear. We'll see how it goes.
Thank you for updating this mod. I haven't tested it extensively, but I immediately spotted an issue with a few hairstyles.
https://i.imgur.com/BQ7DsLl.jpg
It doesn't work on either Logan or Wilcox.