What sound sleepers! LOL

Started by Cassey, November 06, 2013, 08:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassey

Doing a cave build and haven't got my internal rooms ready, so the crew is just sleeping in their landing pod beds.

Alas, first 1 person raid comes, and I almost lost one to be plink-ed with a pistol.  They were off-screen, I was doing command work while the time wore on, and I didn't see the attack until one was 2/3'rds dead.

That is what I call SOUND SLEEPING!  You can get shot a half-dozen times and neither you nor your companions wake up.

Presumable things like gunfire will wake the crew in later releases...

Riker13

This has not happened to me... Maybe put it in the bug section?
Pirate Teir. Save the Muffalos!

Cassey

I just presumed it was a pre-alpha thing.  The crew seems to have few triggers currently (at least that I've seen).  A few that come to mind:

1)  Wake up when there is a fire!
2)  Wake up when you or your Home Zone is attacked, and automatically defend/counterattack depending on what your equipped with.  A toggle for manual/automatic mode would be nice.
3)  Some sense of self-preservation unless explicitly ordered otherwise
4)  After you deliver a prisoner to the cell, go off duty - just don't stand there and starve.
5)  Auto-prioritized by need (this may already happen in many cases), but it would be nice to tell a person to go to bed and heal if below xx% health.