Raiders starting fires.

Started by lordgiza, November 06, 2013, 02:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordgiza

Does anyone know why raiders keep starting fires on my outer walls?
Here's a screenshot of my setup: http://i.imgur.com/Kz1Ga4Y.jpg

Bobthefarmer1

Because they want to get in, it's part of their AI.

Semmy

It is done since in the past players where able to make small entrances in wich raiders would run and be shot down.

Now they actually start harrasing your base.
Tynan will make this better in the future.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

lordgiza

When was this done since the first base I made 2 days ago they didn't do this and just funnelled into my death trap.

ShadowDragon8685

Quote from: Semmy on November 06, 2013, 02:47:48 PMIt is done since in the past players where able to make small entrances in wich raiders would run and be shot down.

Now they actually start harrasing your base.
Tynan will make this better in the future.

The damage they do in an open firefight is bad enough, I barely have time to get the bodies in the ground and sweep up before the next batch shows up on Cassandra. Letting them burn down metal walls (what the hell are the walls made of, magnesium? And are they using freaking oxyacetylene torches?!) and start chain reactions that can wreck your entire base is not better.
Raiders must die!

Morrigi

What the hell ARE the walls made of? Are they filled with napalm?

ShadowDragon8685

Quote from: Morrigi on November 06, 2013, 09:23:30 PMWhat the hell ARE the walls made of? Are they filled with napalm?

I know. It's crazy - any raider can just light a wall on fire without any specialized equipment whatsoever. I'm pretty sure that a zippo won't even light a regular lumber wall aflame. It's not like they're carrying incendiary charges or anything, and metal walls should be pretty much impossible to burn.
Raiders must die!