[A18] Possible AI derp. Noticing some odd behaviour with raider AI

Started by erdrik, November 02, 2017, 07:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erdrik

Been seeing some odd behavior with the Raider AI.

Normally I build deep in mountains such that there is only one avenue of attack for raiders, but for this game I am building "half in half out" and a large portion of my base is exposed. So Im not sure if this behavior is an A18 thing or has been around for a while.
That said I think my love for building thick walls is definitely making it worse.

Ive attached an Image displaying the various points around my outer wall that a single Centipede destroyed. The Centipede would destroy a section, then move to new section of the wall(sometimes on the opposite side of the base) and repeat the process over and over again. My colony was able to live mostly unharrassed for several days within my base while the Centipede did this. At one point a raccoon self tamed, and the Centipede wasted more time trying to kill the raccoon, which was outside my walls. The Centipede never actually broke in. Eventually I decided I had observed enough and opened the door and let it in so I could kill it.
(I even had a small section of the wall that was only one tile thick as a sort of lure, but the Centipede never attacked it)

EDIT: Normal raids with human raiders do the same thing. While it is less of an issue with faster and more numerous attackers, it still seems .. off.

Moderator's edit (Calahan) - Split from the A18 feedback thread.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]