[1.5] ExtendedInspectData

Started by Varisha, November 03, 2017, 08:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Provide more inspect details for anything else than selected zones?

Yes (community can ask for specific selection details)
No (for zones only)

SpaceDorf

As for feature requests :

I would like a Ground Tile Information Box pinned next to the mouse cursor.
As technical solution I imagine this as a toggle button similar to the beauty overlay, which then displays the information from the lower left undisturbed by the architect menu.

A similiar Idea but completely different solution would be a soil/ground overlay. Color coded, like the roofed areas display but for soil. This could display the fertility, movement speed and ability to build upon.

Color for fertility from gray to dark green. ( gray, yellow, light green, green, dark green )
the speed percentage as number and a small red cross in a corner if the ground does not support buildings.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Varisha

Quote from: SpaceDorf on November 20, 2017, 04:52:41 AM
As for feature requests :

I would like a Ground Tile Information Box pinned next to the mouse cursor.
As technical solution I imagine this as a toggle button similar to the beauty overlay, which then displays the information from the lower left undisturbed by the architect menu.

A similiar Idea but completely different solution would be a soil/ground overlay. Color coded, like the roofed areas display but for soil. This could display the fertility, movement speed and ability to build upon.

Color for fertility from gray to dark green. ( gray, yellow, light green, green, dark green )
the speed percentage as number and a small red cross in a corner if the ground does not support buildings.

Hi,
thanks for the input. In my opinion this feature request is not in the scope of the original idea, so i will not include this. The mod is more about to show information for selected things and not for "mouse over" - information.

Regards Vari

SpaceDorf

To bad, but I can understand your point.

I still like your mod  ;D

Nightinggale

Quote from: Varisha on November 20, 2017, 12:27:46 PMIn my opinion this feature request is not in the scope of the original idea, so i will not include this.
I completely agree with that statement. We should be careful not to turn mods into a random collection of semi-related or random features. Having said that, a mod for map overlays is not a bad idea. Soil fertility, move speed, dirt level. There are plenty of interesting options for map overlays. Perhaps it would be fitting to propose this to the temperature map overlay mod as it's already a mod about map overlays.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

SpaceDorf

Good point, I think I will do exactly that.

tarator

I'd love to see the total number of cells in the selected farm zone(s) and their counts by soil fertility (type)? For crop calculations I need number of squares on normal soil, fertile soil, gravel...

PreDiabetic

It has problem with Rimfridge, writings overlap each other due to they both use same area as details.

Varisha

Quote from: tarator on November 30, 2017, 02:16:21 PM
I'd love to see the total number of cells in the selected farm zone(s) and their counts by soil fertility (type)? For crop calculations I need number of squares on normal soil, fertile soil, gravel...
Hi due to space issues i wont do that now. I am currently sticking to the inspect window.
If i would go to have a seperate window for it then i could do this as well. Not sure yet, i will let you know. This could lead to some distinct mod for an overall farm zone information window. But I need to think about this first.

----

Quote from: damngrl on November 30, 2017, 05:48:50 PM
It has problem with Rimfridge, writings overlap each other due to they both use same area as details.
Please name the version of this mod and the version of RimFridge mod.
I will check this. Sounds not that good. I will let you know.
Added info in 2nd post

PreDiabetic

Quote from: damngrl on November 30, 2017, 05:48:50 PM
Please name the version of this mod and the version of RimFridge mod.
I will check this. Sounds not that good. I will let you know.
Added info in 2nd post

ExtendedInspectData [A18] ------------ Version: 1.1.18.3
RimFridge - A18 ----------- has only Github version "ddb8e54" 25 Oct 2017 which is latest version

Varisha

New Release:

• ExtendedInspectData [B18] (v1.1.18.4)
Changes:

• Fixed bug with overlapping texts.
  • Removed exception when deselecting things (did not affect the gameplay)

Unfortunatly it is not possible to calculate the height of the default inspect string taking word wrap into account (tried using the existing methods for that). For my list of items I calculate at least space for 4 different item types until scroll bar pops up. So if you have a small fridge from RimFridge mod you will see some unused space at the bottom of the inspect window, as the list contains only 1 item type but space is calculated for 4 types. If you have the big fridge with 4 different item types stored everything is going well. This applies for any storage item!

Maybe i will find a way to fix this but there is the issue, that the inspect window height is calculated before contents are analyzed!

Varisha

New Release:

• ExtendedInspectData [B18] (v1.1.18.5)
Changes:

• Bug fix for missing tab buttons when inspect pane was resized (affects v1.1.18.4)

Zalpha

Harry_Dicks

I feel kinda dumb, but could I get dummy's breakdown of what the graph and icons mean when you select a grow zone? Thanks!

Varisha

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on December 30, 2017, 07:51:54 PM
I feel kinda dumb, but could I get dummy's breakdown of what the graph and icons mean when you select a grow zone? Thanks!

Hi, it is included in the About.xml (visible ingame) and on the first page in this thread :)

Below the graph you find the following information from left to right
- Total of cells with no plant in it (this includes cells that are marked as growing zone, but have a lamp on it or so)
- Total cells with plants in it (any growth value)
- Total number of plants that cannot be harvested yet (left of white line)
- Total number of plants that can be harvested (right of white line)
- Total number of fully grown plants (growth value = 100%)

Any questions left?
Regards Vari

minakurafto

in vanilla we can select stockpile from item selected above it "with next item in cell" icon and it  hotkeyed.
with extended inspected data, the icon still works as usual but the hotkey wont let select stockpile below as if the stockpile is nonexistant. just minor bug, still the mod function is greater than tiny loss