[MOD] (Alpha 4D) Cute Clutter v1.0.2 - June 4th

Started by Crimsonknight3, May 22, 2014, 06:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimsonknight3

Cute Mod - 1.0.1 - 24th May

Updates & Future:
Please see changelog for updates ~

For the future, I plan on adding research for my items, as they give quite a large happiness/fear boost, rather than INCREASE their cost, I would rather add an expensive (Possibly 2 part) research to the mod. Maybe each piece of research will cost 6000 each.

Also in the further future when I am not revising to take my driving test, I wish to add something very special to the fear mod... Think a few random events :)

- Still happy for any other ideas
Crimsonknight3

Description:
I wanted to get into doing a little modding for Rimworld to learn, and I couldn't think of any ideas so I asked my partner and she told me to make a little hello kitty statue as our daughter loves hello kitty and after doing that, I realised that nobody has ever made anything remotely cute for Rimworld, it's all slaughter and doom, so I expanded on the cute theme.

I am willing to accept requests for items to add to the pack but bear in mind I am by no means a good artist or coder :)

Update:

There are now 2 versions of the mod, each what they say on the tin. One makes your colonists happy, the other instills fear into raiders and colonists alike. I will slowly add custom textures to each but for now there is only one tiny change to the fear version (See if you can spot it!) :) - Credit goes to Cala13er for teaching me how to create .dll's and how to create custom thoughts for pawns, without him it wouldn't have happened :)

Screenshots:

Plans:

So far my only plans are to add any user request items - Preferably fitting the theme but I am happy to deviate, and eventually if I get enough varying items, I wish to add dyes to the game as a requirement to build any coloured aesthetic items.

Downloads:
Cute Clutter Fear Version 1.0.2
Cute Clutter Happy Version 1.0.2

Changelog:

Version 1.0.2
Updated to Alpha4D
All other items apart from floors - Now generate Fear or Happiness depending on which version you have downloaded
Added Test Flooring - Please give me your thoughts

Version 1.0.1:
Created 2 separate versions of cute clutter - One to make pawns happy, the other to scare them.
Cute Pod Bed now generates Happiness or Fear with custom thoughts for each
Cute Statue now generates Happiness or Fear with custom thoughts for each
Cute CouchA (2 seater) now generates Happiness or Fear with custom thoughts for each

Version 1.0:
Added Cute Couch
Added Cute 2 seater Couch
Added Cute Desk
Added Cute Drawers
Added Cute Shelf
Added Cute Round Chair
Added Pink Round Lamp
Added Hello Kitty Statue
Added Cute Pod Bed & Cute Prisoner version
Added Pink Marble Tile Flooring

License:

These models are free to be used/changed and included in mod packs as long as both myself and mrofa are credited, until such time as mrofa decides otherwise as they are based on his own models from the Clutter Mod and also big thanks goes to him for allowing me to use them as a base to learn.

johntiger

Screenshots please. They are most important part if you wanna pitch your modding efficiently or if you care.

Crimsonknight3

Quote from: johntiger on May 22, 2014, 06:33:31 PM
Screenshots please. They are most important part if you wanna pitch your modding efficiently or if you care.

A little patience never hurt, I released the mod then immediately went to do the screenshot but my daughter woke up -- Daddy before anything else :)

a89a89

Kumai0214

AHH!!! THE HORROR!!! THE PINKNESS!!... By the way, good job haha...

Crimsonknight3

Thanks for the comments, my partner just pissed herself laughing!! If you have any ideas of what else to add or other colourful themes, I am happy to try :) I can do the whole dye system but I find it is a bit useless until I have other coloured items to fit. - If my daughter behaves and goes to bed on time tomorrow night I may try and do a similar set of items with a forest camo theme...

Have a few other bedroom theme ideas bouncing around, you know kids bedroom themes, pilot - scientist - archaeologist :) Off-Topic we are doing our 2 daughters room with a big cherry tree and a pastel green / blue wall to look like fields and sky >.> Thats why I have all these funny themes in my head :)

mrofa

Quote from: Kumai0214 on May 22, 2014, 07:57:57 PM

Damn you beat me to it :D
All i do is clutter all around.

Austupaio

Ah, decoration for 'Severe Beating' cells.

Crimsonknight3

Quote from: Austupaio on May 22, 2014, 08:16:48 PM
Ah, decoration for 'Severe Beating' cells.

You on about the pink or some bdsm dungeon type theme?? haha

Crimsonknight3

Quote from: mrofa on May 22, 2014, 08:07:43 PM
Quote from: Kumai0214 on May 22, 2014, 07:57:57 PM

Damn you beat me to it :D

Regretting that open license for modders to use your textures? hahaha

mrofa

Nahh im fine with that, did even write that wierd license thingy on the main page.

You could try use almost max white as a main color with light pink as a shading or light ( opacity change), atleast in theory it might look good, something similar to the kitty statue.

QuoteYou on about the pink or some bdsm dungeon type theme?? haha

Thats not a bad idea :D
All i do is clutter all around.

Crimsonknight3

Quote from: mrofa on May 22, 2014, 08:35:14 PM
Nahh im fine with that, did even write that wierd license thingy on the main page.

You could try use almost max white as a main color with light pink as a shading or light ( opacity change), atleast in theory it might look good, something similar to the kitty statue.

QuoteYou on about the pink or some bdsm dungeon type theme?? haha

Thats not a bad idea :D

Yeah I'm thinking a more subtle pink, Ill give it a go tomorrow evening before I attempt the camo and see how it looks.

The values for the Round Lamps, the 4th value is 1, will the game understand a lower value... I think the pink lamp is TOO pink... Makes all the other pink stuff look... Luminous!!! haha

spatula

finally.

i'm going to build a row of hello kitty statues and gibbet cages, this is so exciting!!!

StorymasterQ

Hello Kitty statues...that cause Fear.

"What sort of creature is is?"
"Dunno, but the Leader said it's one of the most horrendous monster that a whole bunch of people worship back in his planet."
"Scary."
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

a89a89

Quote from: StorymasterQ on May 23, 2014, 05:17:08 AM
Hello Kitty statues...that cause Fear.

"What sort of creature is is?"
"Dunno, but the Leader said it's one of the most horrendous monster that a whole bunch of people worship back in his planet."
"Scary."
Do they really cause fear?