Did a18 fix medicine not mattering bug?

Started by dearmad, November 04, 2017, 05:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dearmad

Type of medicine used disnt matter in 17. Was this fixed?

MCreeper

It didn't? I thought glitterworld and, sometimes, blue medicine just was an overkill, because 10-12 level doctor can get 100% quality even with blue one.

Bozobub

In A17, medicine ONLY matters for initial surgical procedure success percentages.  After that, any medicine is equivalent for treatment; glitterworld = normal = herbal.
Thanks, belgord!

Snafu_RW

Quote from: Bozobub on November 04, 2017, 09:33:25 PM
In A17, medicine ONLY matters for initial surgical procedure success percentages.  After that, any medicine is equivalent for treatment; glitterworld = normal = herbal.
IIRC that (was) true for trauma injuries; however, infections responded better to better tech

IOW get injured in a firefight/have an operation(trauma/invasive procedure), the initial medicine quality made no difference. For patient care/infections increasing med quality reduced heal/immunity time &/or the chance of infection
Dom 8-)

Mutineer

Sorry, but for the quality of all treatment, medicine did matter in A17. Please stop lying.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Mutineer on November 07, 2017, 09:28:32 AM
Sorry, but for the quality of all treatment, medicine did matter in A17. Please stop lying.

Sorry, but Tynan himself said there was a problem with medicine when A17 released.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32763.msg334648#msg334648

Bozobub

Quote from: Mutineer on November 07, 2017, 09:28:32 AM
Wow, dude.  Fanboi much?

@BlackSmokeDMax:  Thanks, you saved me bit of forum-digging there =p .
Thanks, belgord!

Mutineer

A17 was patched many times after realise. In my observation medicine does matter in current A17