[A18] Hungry cat not hunting rat right in front of it

Started by YokoZar, November 05, 2017, 08:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YokoZar

I started a new game with a couple of cats.  I setup in the caves, built a door, and only allowed the cats to live in the cave.  I figured the cats would eat the rat and hare that are stuck in the cave with them, but instead the cats don't seem to be hunting at all.

Do tamed animals no longer hunt when hungry in A18?

Save: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6tbu4iM1cDfbkZHMFIxVlFSWms

khun_poo

Not sure if this intend or not.

I have set "cat area" up which restrict cat to access all of the food in every stockpile in the map. They can go to anyplace in the map other than that. I notice that my cats end up starving every now and then. There're a lot of hare, squirrel and rat around too. When I move my tamed timber wolf into the same area as cat, they hunt just fine (cat nibble those wolf's prey corpse too by the way).

Calahan

Can you please post a save game where this is happening.

And please can you always try to post a save game whenever submitting a bug report. I know it requires a bit of extra effort to do, but it makes a huge difference this end when it comes to confirming/diagnosing bugs. Details on where to find your saves, and how to upload them, can be found in the pinned thread at the top of the bugs forum.

viperwasp

Sorry I don't have enough time right now to upload a save but I can confirm this bug. But I started a brand new colony on B18 Steam.  No mods. And I easily reproduced this.

1. Use Dev Mod to spawn some cats.
2. Use Dev Mod to spawn some small animals. I tried a couple but started with rats.
3. Use the Dev Mod tool to make animals hungry.
4. The cats don't hunt. They will still eat meals. Without meals present they still don't hunt.

Note: Not using any animal zones or restrictions. 
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Chibiabos

I don't know about domestic cats, but colony panther pets are definitely hunting for themselves.
Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

Snafu_RW

Quote from: Chibiabos on November 18, 2017, 04:41:45 PM
I don't know about domestic cats, but colony panther pets are definitely hunting for themselves.
While in colony and/or out on the road?

Latest iteration STM that carnivores won't 'graze' while caravanning; however I'm a little behind with patches, so it may have been fixed..
Dom 8-)

Chibiabos

While in colony.

Colony Warg pets I also observed hunting for themselves.
Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

Calahan

(merged three threads into one. "One bug, one thread")

Edit - Closing this thread since the original report was from an alpha build. Bug still exists though and here is the B18 0.18.1712 report thread for it: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=39279.0