Change 'Clear snow area' to 'Clear path area'

Started by freemapa, November 07, 2017, 01:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freemapa

I think 'clear snow area' should also apply to vegetation and just be called 'clear path area'. I mean, obviously, if I don't want snow somewhere, I probably don't want a tree there either. And especially with the new swamp biome, I hate having to constantly tell my pawn to clear a path between buildings.

Boboid

How often do you want to clear a path of vegetation but not put down a wooden floor?

Keep in mind that floors are faster to walk on.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

freemapa

Quote from: Boboid on November 07, 2017, 04:12:20 AM
How often do you want to clear a path of vegetation but not put down a wooden floor?
I guess only when I don't want wooden floors all over the place. For instance I'm currently playing a tribal colony. I started laying wood paths everywhere, but it quickly started making my tribal village feel less "tribal". So, I guess it's an RP suggestion more than anything else.

But the fact remains that the intent behind clearing snow is to eliminate something on a tile that is slowing movement... so I don't see why this can't just be extended to include vegetation, chunks, corpses, etc.

CannibarRechter

> But the fact remains that the intent behind clearing snow is to eliminate something on a tile that is slowing movement... so I don't see why this can't just be extended to include vegetation, chunks, corpses, etc.

It's a good suggestion. It should just be "clear path" or "clear area," where snow is just one of many obstacles.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

Limdood

How about a new flooring type called "packed dirt" or something...

no vegetation grows on it, maybe halfway between the walking speed of floor and dirt, and has the same ugliness and dirtiness of plain dirt floor.

freemapa

Quote from: Limdood on November 07, 2017, 10:19:10 AM
How about a new flooring type called "packed dirt" or something...

no vegetation grows on it, maybe halfway between the walking speed of floor and dirt, and has the same ugliness and dirtiness of plain dirt floor.
Yeah. Also a good idea. I considered this, too. Either would fix the issue - whatever is easier for the devs, I guess.