[B18] Rainbeau's Mods -- Lots of Stuff! Take a Look!

Started by dburgdorf, November 06, 2017, 07:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dburgdorf

Quote from: QuickSave on December 18, 2017, 05:11:29 PMI am not 100% certain, but it's possible that the bug I am showing you happens when the number of factions is unreasonably large. As in above 30. The game generation kind of breaks and just places one base per faction instead....

I have no idea why that would be happening, but I can definitely look into it.

In other news, which has nothing to do with anything related to RimWorld, but is worth mentioning, anyway....

On Monday, my son (middle child, age 22) left for boot camp.  The next time I see him will be in mid March, when he graduates and officially becomes a US Marine.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Harry_Dicks

On Monday, my son (middle child, age 22) left for boot camp.  The next time I see him will be in mid March, when he graduates and officially becomes a US Marine.

Congratulations and thank you for raising a young man with the courage to proudly serve their country. I salute the two of you!

dburgdorf

Faction Control has been updated:

- The mod now dynamically creates settings options for any factions added by mods, so you have the same control over those factions that you have over vanilla factions.

- A "nation building" slider has replaced the "group factions" toggle, so you can decide just how geographically constrained the various faction groups' bases should be.

- If all factions are disabled, you'll simply have a planet with no faction bases, even if the "minimum faction count" is set higher than 0. No more defaulting to a planet full of pirates.

- Further refined the base placement logic.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

Well done.

Now I have to suffer through 4 days of christmas without a chance to try this.

:'(

Luckily this prevents me from drawing the Red and white hat on your avatar 😆

And my regards to your son.
I went through bootcamp in winter as well.

Our favorite saying became "could be worse, it could rain."
Very reassuring in the middle of a snowstorm
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

dburgdorf

Quote from: SpaceDorf on December 22, 2017, 03:30:54 PMLuckily this prevents me from drawing the Red and white hat on your avatar 😆

There. I saved you the trouble. :D

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

ceryn

Hi, is there any way to put tiles, carpets, and other decoration items on top of bridges?

dburgdorf

Quote from: ceryn on December 22, 2017, 09:42:10 PMHi, is there any way to put tiles, carpets, and other decoration items on top of bridges?

I'm afraid not. The bottom line is, the game simply won't display a "terrain" item (such as a floor tile or carpet) on top of a "building" item (such as bridges).

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: dburgdorf on December 22, 2017, 03:49:04 PM
Quote from: SpaceDorf on December 22, 2017, 03:30:54 PMLuckily this prevents me from drawing the Red and white hat on your avatar 😆

There. I saved you the trouble. :D

Thank you dear Santa.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

dburgdorf

Quote from: QuickSave on December 18, 2017, 05:11:29 PMI am not 100% certain, but it's possible that the bug I am showing you happens when the number of factions is unreasonably large....

Well, yesterday, I traced the issue to what I assumed was an odd bug in Xen's "Zabrak" mod, as I could only reproduce the problem (with or without "Faction Control" in use) when I was using that mod in conjunction with a lot of other faction mods. He looked into the issue further, and with help from Erdelf and Zorba, tracked down the real problem. Turns out it isn't a bug in any specific faction mod or mods, but is actually a bug in the vanilla code. "Humanoid Alien Races" has now been updated to work around it until such time as the problem is actually fixed, so as long as you're using the version of HAR that was released yesterday, you shouldn't see the problem any more.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Wild Cultivation has been updated:

- It's now possible to cultivate bushes and low shrubs.

- Plants which can be grown in planters will now display properly above the planter, rather than beneath it.

- Bryolux can now be grown in planters, if you really want planters full of glowing moss.

- Glowstools can no longer be grown in planters, as they're harvestable.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

zah1

Uh, hello!

I downloaded this mod and turned it on along with my other mods, but then a compatibility error came up, turning off all my mods. So I tested all of them to make sure it was this one, and you can guess the result of that. Do you have any idea why this happened?

dburgdorf

Quote from: zah1 on December 24, 2017, 01:31:34 AMDo you have any idea why this happened?

All I know from your post is that one of my mods (but I have no idea which one) apparently conflicted (in some unspecified manner) with some other mod (which could presumably be any one of the hundreds of other mods in existence).

Given that your post failed to tell me *what* happened, no, I can't say that I have any idea *why* whatever it was happened.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Faction Control has been updated:

- Fixed the faction base density slider so it works as it's supposed to. (The density was accidentally being influenced by faction count, meaning that in games with a lot of faction mods, far more bases were being generated than should have been.)

- For the benefit of those who liked the insanely overpopulated worlds that the mod was generating, I added an "insane" setting to the faction density slider.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Canute

Quote from: zah1 on December 24, 2017, 01:31:34 AM
I downloaded this mod and turned it on along with my other mods, but then a compatibility error came up, turning off all my mods. So I tested all of them to make sure it was this one, and you can guess the result of that. Do you have any idea why this happened?
Like dburgdorf mention, not enough information in any kind.
You might can repeat this behavior/error but solong other can't reproduce it they can't help it.
Currently no such incompactible isn't know at all.
If you don't allready use it, get
[B18] ModSwitch - a Rimworld mod manager
so you easyly can restore your modlist to the one of a safed game.

If you got Hugslib installed, use the shared log button and post the link or post your modlist (ModsConfig.xml from the saved game folder config).
And maybe the error log (point 6 from https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0).

zah1