[B18] Rainbeau's Mods -- Lots of Stuff! Take a Look!

Started by dburgdorf, November 06, 2017, 07:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dburgdorf

Last update: 12/23/2017

Blur the lines between wild and cultivated plants! "Wild Cultivation" allows you to cultivate a variety of plants formerly found only in the wild, and adds wild generation of most of the plants that previously could only be cultivated.

Plants which can now be found naturally include corn, haygrass and smokeleaf (most commonly, but not exclusively, found in arid shrubland biomes), daylilies, devilstrand and hops (most easily found in boreal forests), psychoid plants (least uncommon in deserts), cotton, potatoes and roses (most readily discovered in temperate forests), and rice (most easily obtained from tropical rainforests and swamps).

The ability to find these plants in the wild provides a few extra resource options in the early game, and also allows those using the "Seeds Please!" mod a chance to obtain seeds for plants they might otherwise not be able to grow.

"Wild Cultivation" also allows you to cultivate cacti (both pincushion and saguaro), agave, astragalus, clivia, brambles, bushes, low shrubs and grass, all of which could formerly only be found in the wild, as well as glowstools, agarilux mushrooms and bryolux, which otherwise can only be found naturally within caves.

You can also now create growing zones on any terrain that's not completely infertile. This doesn't allow you to grow plants on ground that's not fertile enough to support them, of course. The change is primarily intended to allow you to create growing zones on sand for cacti.

The mod also adds a very small chance of finding raspberries or wild healroot in tropical rainforests and swamps, where otherwise they don't exist.

Finally, "Wild Cultivation" adds one new type of flower, the geranium. Geraniums are functionally identical to daylilies, and in fact the geranium graphic is simply a recolored version of the daylily graphic. I just wanted a purple flower in the game, to add a bit more variety to garden colors.

- Rainbeau Flambe (dburgdorf)

Steam Workshop Link

Dropbox Link

Cultivated Plant Notes:

Agave grows more slowly and has a lower yield than in vanilla, to prevent it becoming a "superplant" when cultivated. It also takes a bit more work to sow and to harvest than most other plants, though it doesn't take as much work to harvest as it does in vanilla.

Cultivated saguaro cacti grow more slowly and yield less wood than wild cacti, in order to put their wood production capability on a par with that of other trees.

Glowstools, agarilux mushrooms and bryolux will all die if exposed to light, so be sure to grow them in enclosed spaces. The cultivated fungi all require reasonably fertile soil, and thus, can't be grown on sand, even though their natural counterparts can sometimes be found in sand. However, cultivated fungi mature faster than their natural counterparts. Additionally, agarilux mushrooms, due to their large size, require extra space, just as do trees and saguaro cacti.

Cultivated brambles are denser than natural brambles, and thus slow movement more, nearly as much as does chokevine.

Compatibility:

You should be able to add "Wild Cultivation" to an existing saved game without trouble, but removing it from a game in progress will almost certainly cause problems.

"Wild Cultivation" changes a few vanilla plant definitions, but mostly just adds new definitions. So while it might conflict with other mods that alter vanilla plants, it also might not. And generally speaking, any such conflicts which do arise probably won't even be noticeable. For the record, it should be fully compatible with "Vegetable Garden."

If you're using "Vegetable Garden," "[T] Expanded Cloth," or another mod that alters the harvest of cotton, "Wild Cultivation" will automatically adjust the harvest of wild cotton to match it.

"Wild Cultivation" is fully compatible with "Seeds Please!" If you have that mod installed, the wild versions of various plants will drop seeds which can be used to grow their cultivated counterparts.

Credits:

The mod utilizes Pardeike's "Harmony Patch Library." (No additional download is required, as the library is included with the mod.)

- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

The only significant change to "Wild Cultivation" in its upgrade to a18 is that I removed cultivated ambrosia. The fruit is supposed to be *exceedingly* rare, and there's really no way to allow it to be cultivated that doesn't completely throw off its balance.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

DukeAl

Hi,
I tried your mod Configurable Maps on A18 and every time i start a map with a river i get the error "Failed to find all necessary river flow data" and the river is more like a coast.
Doesn't matter if it's a creek or huge river. I can upload a screenshot or the output_log if it helps.

dburgdorf

Quote from: DukeAl on November 17, 2017, 04:29:21 PMI tried your mod Configurable Maps on A18 and every time i start a map with a river i get the error "Failed to find all necessary river flow data" and the river is more like a coast. Doesn't matter if it's a creek or huge river. I can upload a screenshot or the output_log if it helps.

First, this is (hopefully) a stupid question, but you *are* using the a18, and not the a17, version of the mod, right? Rivers in a18 utilize more "river flow data" than they did in a17.

Second, are you using any other mods that might be conflicting?  No other users have reported such a problem, and I haven't seen anything like you're reporting myself, so I'm skeptical that the problem you're encountering is due just to "Configurable Maps" alone.

Finally, while your log file could certainly be useful, a screenshot would be of no help whatsoever in diagnosing the problem.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

DukeAl

wow, that was a quick reply...
Yes, i'm using A18 (0.18.1722). I tested your mod with only hugslib enabled.

Edit:
Just did a test with only your mod enabled and got the same results.

Edit2:
and here is the log file:
https://gist.github.com/53627094c6bf621d6a97ed26185af8d1

dburgdorf

Well, you're not imagining things. :)

Apparently, I never actually *tested* the a18 river generation, as the problem is glaringly obvious. I'm surprised nobody else beat you to bringing it up.

Anyway, I'll look into it later tonight or tomorrow, and should get a fix out soon.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Configurable Maps has been updated to fix river generation.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

DukeAl

dburgdorf

Archipelagos has been updated:

- Animals added by mods will now be eligible to appear in archipelago biomes corresponding to the vanilla biomes to which they're assigned.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Fertile Fields has been updated:

- Updated "Vegetable Garden" compatibility.

- Fixed the bug where multiple pawns would try to reserve the same terraforming job and generate error messages.

- Added Korean translation files provided by Ludeon forums user NEPH.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dismar

Hey dburgdorf your fishing mods patch is out of date for the garden.  I have added a new patch to this message. Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

dburgdorf

Quote from: dismar on November 19, 2017, 10:09:01 AMHey dburgdorf your fishing mods patch is out of date for the garden.  I have added a new patch to this message.

Yeah, I knew I needed to get to that today. Thanks for catching it for me!  ;)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Fertile Fields has been updated with another minor bug fix:

- Growers not assigned to construction will no longer haul materials to construction blueprints. Similarly, pawns assigned to construction but not to growing will no longer haul materials to growing-based terraforming blueprints.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Fishing has been updated, to update the "Vegetable Garden" seafood patches.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Wild Cultivation has been updated:

- Added cultivated versions of glowstools, agarilux mushrooms and bryolux.

- Added cultivated clivia bushes and brambles.

- Patched tropical rainforests and swamps so that raspberries and healroot have a (very small) chance of showing up naturally in them.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?