[B18] Rainbeau's Mods -- Lots of Stuff! Take a Look!

Started by dburgdorf, November 06, 2017, 07:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

dburgdorf

Quote from: kixiye on January 18, 2018, 02:46:16 PMWould you like to see if you could make the names lists easily editable?

I actually started working on "Editable Pawn Names" back in June, as I recall. It's been sitting for quite a while at about 90% complete. I really should finish and release it. :P
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

kixiye

Quote from: dburgdorf on January 18, 2018, 03:37:47 PM
Quote from: kixiye on January 18, 2018, 02:46:16 PMWould you like to see if you could make the names lists easily editable?

I actually started working on "Editable Pawn Names" back in June, as I recall. It's been sitting for quite a while at about 90% complete. I really should finish and release it. :P

Well this is better than I could have hoped for! Good luck and thank you.

Edit:

Want to spoil how it is going to work? Will you be able to chose different names lists for different factions?
Like I said I think this would be great together with the Faction Control mod.

MrWeeGee

Hey, just wanted to pop in and say thanks for making Editable Colonist Titles happen! I actually started that thread thinking it might be the sort of thing you'd be interested in, but didn't really want to bother you with it. I use so many of your mods, and I can't thank you enough (and all modders at that) for all the work you've done in making RimWorld more of a masterpiece than it already is!

Many thanks and much love
-Weegee

Harry_Dicks

Hey in RCT_Traits it has <MeleeDodgeChance>0.5</MeleeDodgeChance> for Nimble. But vanilla RimWorld has 15 for the nimble trait. Is your trait supposed to have 50% dodge, or a +50% of your current dodge?

Anyway, I am asking because the tooltip description is the exact same for nimble, "Melee dodge chance +0.5" but nimble says +15. I haven't done in actual tests in game, but figured I would run it by you. Also, if it was supposed to be 50%, I thought the vanilla dodge cap was somewhere around 30%? I downloaded a mod called Dodging Rebalanced just for that (it also makes >100% vision actually matter, too!) and the mod description for that I believe said it increases the dodge cap to around 40%.

docssy

Might be your Fishing Mod or Work Tab - but when unassigning fishing to all of the colonists (blank) I noticed at least one pawn stop doing anything, didn't idle, just... frozen I guess. Reassigned fishing and started moving again.

dburgdorf

Fertile Fields has been updated:

- Compost barrels now consume less power, and shouldn't short-circuit in the rain, meaning you can actually place them outside, where they logically belong.

- Crushed rocks now stack to 25 instead of just 5.

- The "ice to shallow water" transformation has been replaced with a "remove ice" transformation, which will yield shallow water on "sea ice" maps, and either shallow water or gravel on "ice sheet" maps.

- Converting ice to shallow water will no longer leave snow somehow sitting on top of the water.

- Sand piles can now be split into small piles (or three small piles can be recombined into one regular pile) in essentially no time at all at a rock mill, stonecutting table or crafting spot.

- Sandbags now require small sand piles instead of regular sand piles, so that you can make three times as many bags with the same amount of sand. Hopefully, this will finally satisfy those who still complain about how difficult the mod supposedly makes sandbag production.

Concrete has also been updated:

- Made a few changes (to recipe work times, resource values, and crushed rock stack size) to match recent changes in "Fertile Fields."

- Cut the work times for mod-specific recipes in half, to balance with the other recipe work time changes.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

wwWraith

I hope it won't be hard to make Fertile Fields compatible with Biomes! (terraforming its RockySoil into other terrain types like yours) :)
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

dburgdorf

Configurable Maps has been updated (more like a minor tweak, actually):

- Fixed an incompatibility which prevented floors on "Biomes!" cavern maps from using that mod's rocky soil instead of rough stone.

- Corrected a typo. Ore now has a "low density" option instead of a "lore density" option.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Fertile Fields has been updated again, because I missed a couple of things on my "to do" list this morning:

- Hot and cold springs from "Nature's Pretty Sweet" can now be transformed using any terraforming job that works on shallow water. That mod's various "wet" sand and soil terrains can also now be transformed using the obvious appropriate terraforming jobs.

- The various "rocky soil" terrains found on "Biomes!" cavern maps can now be transformed using any terraforming job that works on regular rocky dirt.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

gipothegip

That's a nice set of mods, have these all been updated to b18?

I'm going to have to try out configurable maps, and faction control; I've always wanted to be able to have more control over map generation in this game. +1
Should I feel bad that nearly half my posts are in the off topic section?

wwWraith

Did you consider adding something like terraforming deep water -> shallow water -> rough stone using stone chunks in Fertile Fields? I think it could be decently realistic, especially for the maps with low amount of natural soil (like in those Caverns), and also would help to get rid of the unneeded chunks.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

dburgdorf

Quote from: wwWraith on January 21, 2018, 09:36:58 AMDid you consider adding something like terraforming deep water -> shallow water -> rough stone using stone chunks in Fertile Fields?

I don't recall the specifics, but when I first added the rocky dirt -> rough stone transformation, I had to add "crushed rocks" to the mod first, as while stone chunks could be used in recipes, they couldn't be used as building components.

That said, an option to fill in water using crushed rocks isn't a half-bad idea.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Harry_Dicks

Is there Dodge bonus from your trait supposed to only be +.5%? Compared to the vanilla nimble trait, that's what it looks like. Sorry I can't remember the name of your trait..

EDIT: Also on mobile, otherwise I would look up the name of it, but can't remember it right now. Fast reflexes, maybe?

dburgdorf

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 21, 2018, 10:03:08 AMIs there Dodge bonus from your trait supposed to only be +.5%? Compared to the vanilla nimble trait, that's what it looks like. Sorry I can't remember the name of your trait..

There's no need to repost. I apologize if I forgot to respond, but I have already added this (you weren't the first to point it out) to my "to do" list, to see whether it's actually working as intended.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?