[B18] Rainbeau's Mods -- Lots of Stuff! Take a Look!

Started by dburgdorf, November 06, 2017, 07:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

You only can smooth natural stone, not wall's.
I think you placed the "rough stone wall" with the god mode ? Didn't found the way to place natural stone with dev tools yet.

henk

Notable issue with the concrete mod, is that concrete walls always drops crashed rocks on the same tile. Which caused various issues when using other mods (like window mod) or GM.

Also IMO the concrete walls are too white, they contrast badly against everything else.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Canute on March 02, 2018, 03:26:28 AM
You only can smooth natural stone, not wall's.
I think you placed the "rough stone wall" with the god mode ? Didn't found the way to place natural stone with dev tools yet.
isnt 'marble' 'sandstone' 'granite' the same as natural stone? Thats what i spawned in dev mod. I can mine it but cant smooth it.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 02, 2018, 07:36:42 PM
isnt 'marble' 'sandstone' 'granite' the same as natural stone? Thats what i spawned in dev mod. I can mine it but cant smooth it.

Possibly not. Remember the issues that were discussed with terrain types and bridges? Maybe it's something similar that we aren't placing the correct "natural stone" type that is required to be smoothed.

I really have no idea, honestly, but I'd be willing to be it has something to do with the mod only being able to recognize (or smooth, that is) a specific type of wall that has some sort of "natural" xml tag on it, or something similar to this.

Harry_Dicks

After looking into it further, I think I might know what some people have, or I do, at least. I have from the mod "Natural Stone Walls", a "natural stone wall" but this is not the same as what an actually natural stone wall is, as far as the game is concerned. For example, when I click on stone that is from the normal game that I could either mine or smooth, it is simply called "Granite". Not natural, or wall, or anything. It needs to be like this, to be able to smooth it. If you are trying to add in some rock from the dev mode to then smooth, you need to try a different one, because you should be able to both mine and smooth the stone, if it were to be an actually natural rock wall.

Fatsack

Getting this error when trying to build a basic bridge over the source square of a hot spring (not the surrounding hot spring squares) from the Natures Pretty Sweet by TKKN mod.  It's trying to deconstruct it before building the bridge piece.  Maybe make them overlap-able, like conduits in walls?

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Tony, Job=Deconstruct (Job_2980522) A=Thing_TKKN_HotSpring70244, Exception: System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
  at RimWorld.JobDriver_RemoveBuilding.get_Building () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.JobDriver_Deconstruct.get_TotalNeededWork () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.JobDriver_RemoveBuilding+<MakeNewToils>c__Iterator0+<MakeNewToils>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  lastJobGiver=Verse.AI.ThinkNode_QueuedJob, curJob.def=Deconstruct, curDriver=RimWorld.JobDriver_Deconstruct
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartErrorRecoverJob(String)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:Notify_PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:StartPath_Patch1(Object, LocalTargetInfo, PathEndMode)
Verse.AI.<GotoThing>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartJob_Patch1(Object, Job, JobCondition, ThinkNode, Boolean, Boolean, ThinkTreeDef, Nullable`1, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob_Patch1(Object, JobCondition, Boolean)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:EndJobWith(JobCondition)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryTakeOrderedJob(Job, JobTag)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryTakeOrderedJobPrioritizedWork(Job, WorkGiver, IntVec3)
RimWorld.<AddUndraftedOrders>c__AnonStorey14:<>m__0()
Verse.FloatMenuOption:Chosen(Boolean)
Verse.FloatMenuOption:DoGUI(Rect, Boolean)
Verse.FloatMenu:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.FloatMenuMap:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Canute

Currently i would suggest to deactivate Natures Pretty Sweet and start a new colony.
That mod is known for some trouble and the author currently didn't improved it yet, but maybe in future.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Fatsack on March 06, 2018, 01:15:30 AM
Getting this error when trying to build a basic bridge over the source square of a hot spring (not the surrounding hot spring squares) from the Natures Pretty Sweet by TKKN mod.
This is relevant to the discussion earlier about terrains and affordances and such. But NPS actually changes terrain types, and even has dynamic terrain types! It actually has all sorts of other problems that I don't fully understand, but I would do like Canute says, and recommend turning NPS off, and hope that it gets a proper update or fix sometime soon.

kraftwerkd

Hey Rainbeau, first off great work!  I just posted this on the Steam FF page but I figured I'd post here too, in case anybody else may have a solution.

When running the listed mods

ModSwitch
EdB Prepare Carefully
Prepare Landing
ResearchPal
Tech Advancing
Tribal Essentials [b18]
[RF]Fertile Fields [b18]

It appears that Complex Clothing is missing from the research screen on a fresh Tribal start.  I've tested this quite a bit with many mods, and it comes down to Tribal Essentials and Fertile Fields somehow conflicting on the research screen.

Canute

Tribal Essentials [b18] remove complex clothing from Tribal start.
You need to research the Basic benches.
Maybe you should install the Helppal mod, then you can check the nessesary researches/benches you need to craft the stuff you want.

Lethe

Instead of only adding a chance for someone to snap into a psychopath, if "We're All Mad, Here!" also allowed pawns to gain traits like bloodlust, sadist, masochist or cannibal (it could have a chance to proc after eating foods with human in it) that'd really up the going crazy tagline you have there. :)

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Lethe on March 15, 2018, 03:17:38 PM
Instead of only adding a chance for someone to snap into a psychopath, if "We're All Mad, Here!" also allowed pawns to gain traits like bloodlust, sadist, masochist or cannibal (it could have a chance to proc after eating foods with human in it) that'd really up the going crazy tagline you have there. :)
I wish "We're All Mad Here!" were expanded upon like you say, but take it even further. Allow a player some mod options to set what traits pawns could have the ability of gaining, maybe even include the ability to set passion gains as well? Kinda surprised I haven't seen too many like that. I want to say I have somewhere but I can't remember the name of it. At least, a mod that let's pawns naturally gain new passions, of course with limits and such, but not a mod that lets you manually assign new passions/traits.

Also wish we knew more about the details of what it takes for pawns to "snap", and if a new trait could always be added, regardless of how many traits a pawn already has.

Lethe

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on March 15, 2018, 06:37:55 PM
Quote from: Lethe on March 15, 2018, 03:17:38 PM
I wish "We're All Mad Here!" were expanded upon like you say, but take it even further. Allow a player some mod options to set what traits pawns could have the ability of gaining, maybe even include the ability to set passion gains as well? Kinda surprised I haven't seen too many like that. I want to say I have somewhere but I can't remember the name of it. At least, a mod that let's pawns naturally gain new passions, of course with limits and such, but not a mod that lets you manually assign new passions/traits.

Also wish we knew more about the details of what it takes for pawns to "snap", and if a new trait could always be added, regardless of how many traits a pawn already has.

Shh! You gotta wait for him to take the bait to expand it at all before you scare him away by making it too big. Patience. :)

I'm surprised you didn't notice the static quality mod already since you're so active on the forums here and I just posted over on it today. Here's the mod you're most likely thinking of, for gaining passions as you work. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24718.0

SirDarin

I use editable pawn titles with Prison Labor and I was wondering if there is any chance that it can be expanded to allow changing the titles of prisoners. I would like to rename their titles to things like "Prisoner #001" or even "Slave #001"

Red192

Excuse me, but is the WAMH mod still in development?
I would be very interested if the function that allows pawns to even become cannibals was added.
it's possible? is it scheduled?