[B18] Rainbeau's Mods -- Lots of Stuff! Take a Look!

Started by dburgdorf, November 06, 2017, 07:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dburgdorf

And Wild Cultivation has already been updated again:

- Increased the growth speed of mushrooms to put them on a par with other food crops in terms of yield over time.

- Fixed the "Seeds Please!" seed defs for brambles and clivia bushes.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

bigheadzach

As recommended, is there a link to the No-Traits version of B18 Pawns Are Capable in order to use it will Consolidated Traits?

dburgdorf

Quote from: bigheadzach on November 19, 2017, 10:06:34 PMAs recommended, is there a link to the No-Traits version of B18 Pawns Are Capable in order to use it will Consolidated Traits?

I need to update the comments in "Consolidated Traits," as at least for the time being, there's only one version of "Pawns Are Capable!" for b18, and it is the version without traits. (RimRue may at some point update the original version, but I have no plans to do so.)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Last update: 01/20/2018

This mod adds concrete to the game. Originally designed as an add-on to "Fertile Fields," it can now be used independently, though without "Fertile Fields," your options for obtaining sand and crushed rocks will be a bit more limited.

Concrete can be made at a stonecutting table, with sand, crushed rocks and cement. Sand and crushed rocks can be made from stone chunks or blocks, also at a stonecutting table. Cement is made by "cooking" limestone in a smithy. (Note that while by default, only limestone can be used, the cement recipe can be adjusted to allow other stone types. It's less realistic, but obviously, limestone won't be readily available on all maps.)

Vanilla concrete and paved tile floors are now made with concrete instead of with steel. (Honestly, I have no idea why Tynan added concrete floors to the game without adding concrete from which to make them.)

If you're using "Fertile Fields," you'll see that the terraforming option which allows conversion of rocky dirt into rough stone now requires concrete in addition to crushed rocks.

And if you're using "Basic Bridges," you'll find that construction of deep water bridges now requires concrete instead of steel.

Concrete can be used to make "cinder" blocks. These can be used to make walls and other items that can otherwise be made from stone blocks. Cinder block walls are weaker (and less attractive) than granite walls, but can be built quickly.

The mod also adds "poured concrete walls," which are as strong as standard stone walls, but easier to build in bulk, "steel-reinforced concrete walls" (and matching embrasures), which are nearly as strong as plasteel walls, and "plasteel-reinforced concrete walls," with twice the durability of plasteel walls, for those who want the ultimate security for their pawns living in bunkers.

- Rainbeau Flambe (dburgdorf)

Steam Workshop Link

Dropbox Link

Compatibility:

This mod should be compatible with most any other mods, except perhaps for other mods which add concrete. But why would you be trying to use two different mods to add concrete? Just pick one or the other!

The basic embrasures added by this mod share a defName with the embrasures added by "Combat Extended." Embrasures in your game will thus be defined by whichever of the two mods loads last. There really isn't much difference between the two. I'd recommend loading "Concrete" after "Combat Extended," though, since my embrasures provide slightly better cover and look nicer. :D

You should be able to add this mod to an existing saved game without trouble, but removing it from a game in progress will likely cause problems.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

mvargus

Quote from: dburgdorf on November 19, 2017, 10:30:13 PM

Concrete can be made at a stonecutting table, with sand, crushed rocks and cement. Cement is made by "cooking" limestone in a smithy.

Vanilla concrete and paved tile floors are now made with concrete instead of with steel. (Honestly, I have no idea why Tynan added concrete floors to the game without adding concrete from which to make them.)

You should be able to add this mod to an existing saved game without trouble, but removing it from a game in progress will likely cause problems.

Wow, a lot of thought and detail went into this.  I'll have to decide if I want to try this one.  I like fertile fields, but this almost forces you to look for tiles where limestone can be found, and I already have a hankering for granite when I build my colonies.

dburgdorf

Quote from: mvargus on November 19, 2017, 11:07:12 PMWow, a lot of thought and detail went into this.  I'll have to decide if I want to try this one.  I like fertile fields, but this almost forces you to look for tiles where limestone can be found, and I already have a hankering for granite when I build my colonies.

Actually, while the cement recipe defaults to allowing only limestone, you can set it to use whatever stone type(s) you prefer. It's less realistic, but, well, not everyone wants to be chained to limestone when picking a landing spot. ;)

(On a side note, could you please edit your message to remove the quote of the entire mod announcement? It's a bit excessive.) Thanks!

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

Thank you for updating my favority concrete mod :)

Time for a pave-over
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

mvargus

Hey, I have a quick question.  I'm using this in a Ice Sheet run I decided to try.  I turned the temperature down 2 notches so the tile has a "summer" temperature of about 26.7F and I've seen it get to -80F in winter.  I've cut a hole in the ice and have started fishing, but so far all I catch is wood, cloth, megasloth wool, synthread.... etc.

What I haven't been catching is fish.  Is it too cold?  (I should note the hole is inside the walls of my colony and the room is kept at about 58F if that makes a difference.)

dburgdorf

Quote from: mvargus on November 21, 2017, 06:46:07 PMWhat I haven't been catching is fish.  Is it too cold?

Temperature doesn't have any impact at all.  (It wouldn't be an unreasonable addition to the mod, but at least for now, it's not something that's relevant.)

Biome affects which types of fish can be caught, how many fish can be caught before a fishing spot is depleted, and how long it takes for a fishing spot to replenish. In tougher biomes, it's also just flat-out more difficult to successfully catch fish.

My guess would be your pawn just has low skill and/or poor luck.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

mvargus

It's been a mix of colonists.  The one with the highest handling has a 9, the others have been at 8, 3, and 3.

Clanf

question about Smooth Stone Walls - can you build coduit on them?

fallout2077

Quote from: Clanf on November 22, 2017, 01:03:52 AM
question about Smooth Stone Walls - can you build coduit on them?
Yep.

dburgdorf

Fertile Fields has been updated:

- It's now possible to make crushed rocks from stone blocks as well as from stone chunks.

- Crushed rocks, dirt, sand and clay are now heavier, and have lower stack limits.

- Dirt and clay no longer deteriorate noticeably when left outside. Piles of sand still deteriorate, but more slowly than before.

- Skeletons should no longer turn to rotted mush, preventing your pawns from running all over the map collecting the stuff.

- Added icons for use with the "Architect Icons" mod.

- Updated Korean and German language files.

- Added French translation files provided by Steam user Redstylt.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

DeLaFere

Hey listen, your Beasts of Caerbannog event is royally wrecking virtually every colony of mine. I hate it.

In short, I need this mod for B18 so I can continue to suffer.  ;D
I'll be patient. Thanks in advance.

dburgdorf

Quote from: DeLaFere on November 23, 2017, 04:21:54 PMHey listen, your Beasts of Caerbannog event is royally wrecking virtually every colony of mine. I hate it.

In that case, you'll no doubt be happy to hear that I've already been working on the b18 update for "Rascally Rabbits," and hope to have it available before the end of the long weekend. :D

Buy me a Dr Pepper?