[B18] Rainbeau's Mods -- Lots of Stuff! Take a Look!

Started by dburgdorf, November 06, 2017, 07:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dburgdorf

Basic Bridges has been updated:

- Walk speed on bridges and boardwalks is now 100%. (This change doesn't impact bridges or boardwalks built before the change was implemented.)

- To cover mud tiles, you should now build boardwalks rather than bridges. (This change doesn't impact bridges already built over mud.)

- Boardwalks placed over marshy soil will now support heavy construction, as they ought to. (Repeat after me: This change doesn't impact boardwalks already constructed before the change was implemented.)

- Boardwalks, unlike bridges, are now placeable in two dimensions instead of just one.

- Boardwalks can no longer be placed over floors or over other boardwalks.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: dburgdorf on November 23, 2017, 11:28:52 PM

- Walk speed on bridges and boardwalks is now 100%. (This change doesn't impact bridges or boardwalks built before the change was implemented.)

- To cover mud tiles, you should now build boardwalks rather than bridges. (This change doesn't impact bridges already built over mud.)

- Boardwalks placed over marshy soil will now support heavy construction, as they ought to. (Repeat after me: This change doesn't impact boardwalks already constructed before the change was implemented.)

- Boardwalks, unlike bridges, are now placeable in two dimensions instead of just one.

- Boardwalks can no longer be placed over floors or over other boardwalks.

This change doesn't impact bridges or boardwalks built before the change was implemented.

But good enough to tear down the old boardwalks and build new ones.
Forward Marsh.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

dburgdorf

Quote from: SpaceDorf on November 24, 2017, 02:12:59 AMBut good enough to tear down the old boardwalks and build new ones.

I'd have made the changes retroactive if it was possible, but it wasn't. :)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

I know, some properties can't be changed in a running game.

dburgdorf

Concrete and Fertile Fields have been updated:

- "Concrete" can now be used independently of "Fertile Fields," though I still suggest that they be used together, as without "Fertile Fields," options for obtaining crushed rocks and sand are a bit limited.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

- Fixed a bug that was screwing up terrain under bridges when games were saved and reloaded, which led to oddities when bridges were deconstructed.

- Deconstructing a bridge on a snowy map will no longer leave snow sitting on top of the water.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Last update: 12/04/2017

This mod adds a new storyteller, Rainbeau Flambe.

Rain shares Randy's love of the unpredictable, but tempers that love with a bit of Cassandra's storytelling flair. Still, he'll send big threats nearly as often as small ones. He seems to have a bit of a sadistic streak, and in any event, he has to keep his cat, Sabre, amused. He also likes to have a slightly larger cast of characters to work with than Cassandra does, and so will subtly encourage you to have more colonists.

The mod also slightly increases the base chance of orbital traders arriving, though the actual frequency of their arrival for storytellers other than Rain is not altered.

Some player testimonials:

"[Rainbeau is] real good on providing a constant supply of traders and challenges."

"Yep. Three events after one minute. And after that I had some time for my colonist. I like that challenge."

"Not sure if I just had bad luck.... But it feels like the game now spams bad events on me."

"I've taken to calling this storyteller 'WHAT NOW?!'"

-- Rainbeau Flambe (dburgdorf) - the modder, not the storyteller ;)

Steam Workshop Link

Dropbox Link

A Note on Difficulty Levels:

Technically, Rain can be used at any difficulty setting, if only because there's no way to disable any of those settings. But as a matter of practicality, I wouldn't recommend trying to use him with "base builder" difficulty. Rain utilizes big threats as often as small ones, and tries to keep things going at a fair clip, while the "base builder" setting disables most big threats, and is intended to keep the game moving at a more leisurely pace. The inconsistency should be obvious.

Compatibility:

"Rainbeau Flambe - Storyteller" adds a new storyteller, but doesn't really change anything already in the game, so it should be compatible with pretty much any other mod, and you should be able to add it to an existing saved game without trouble. You should also be able to safely remove it from a game in progress, at least so long as Rain's not the currently active storyteller.

Acknowledgement:

The image of Rainbeau Flambe was created with HeroMachine 3, and then edited in Photoshop.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Fishing has been updated:

- There is now always at least some chance of success when fishing. (Prior to this, there was actually a possibility that a low-skill pawn in a harsh biome could stand around trying to fish and actually have no chance at all of actually catching anything.)

- Moved fishing on the work tab so instead of being just below handling, it is just below hunting, which makes a bit more sense.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Canute

dburgdorf,
did you ever tryed to build a colony over water on an archipelago ?
At A17 i tryed it once, i started with bridges, but ended to collect sand to turn deep water into sand tiles.

Under bridges there should be alot of space and water. It should be possible to build fishing traps below. Or bridges with integrated traps.

dburgdorf

Last update: 12/04/2017

What's up, doc? "Rascally Rabbits," as you can probably guess from the title, adds... rabbits.

Rabbits are smaller, more social, and more tameable than hares, and are found in warmer climates. You might even start with one as a pet, though admittedly they're rather useless. Brown rabbits can be found in boreal and temperate forests and swamps, and grey desert rabbits can be found in arid shrublands and deserts. And then there are the Caerbannog bunnies, which show up occasionally in all of those biomes. Probably the result of some misguided ancient genetic manipulation, the innocent-looking Caerbannog bunny is surprisingly dangerous, with nasty, big, pointy teeth and a vicious streak a mile wide. A generally solitary creature, it should not be underestimated.

Of course, where there are rabbits, there must be carrots, and so "Rascally Rabbits" also adds carrots that you can grow and eat. And you'll be able to cook up a tasty rabbit stew, using rabbit meat, carrots and potatoes.

And just because they belong together, the mod also adds some despicable ducks and wiley coyotes. (Why do rabbits, ducks and coyotes belong together? If you really have to ask that question, you clearly haven't watched enough classic Warner Brothers cartoons.)

Finally, the mod adds a few rabbit-themed events:

+ "Beasts of Caerbannog" presents you with a swarm of maneating Caerbannog bunnies. Yes, it's a reskinned (rabbit-skinned?) copy of the default "Maneater Pack" incident. But it uses a custom copy of the incident code, so "Rascally Rabbits" is compatible with other mods which modify that event.

+ "Ravenous Rabbits" infests your garden with hungry, hungry rabbits who'll devour your crops if you let them. This one's based on Nandonalt's "Pests!" mod from back in a16.

+ "Rabbit Season / Duck Season" gifts you with a crashed escape pod, containing not a colonist, but a small stash of supplies and someone's injured pet, either a bunny or a duck. (It combines code from the default "Cargo Pod" and "Refugee Pod" incidents.)

- Rainbeau Flambe (dburgdorf)

Steam Workshop Link

Dropbox Link

Compatibility:

"Rascally Rabbits" adds new things, but doesn't change any existing things, so it should be compatible with pretty much any other mod, and you should be able to add it to an existing saved game without trouble. But removing the mod from a game in progress will, of course, likely cause problems or even make the game unplayable.

The mod is fully compatible "out of the box" with both "A Dog Said" and "Seeds Please!" No extra patch mods are required.

The ducks and duck eggs added by this mod use the same defNames as their counterparts in the "Animal Collab Project" mod, so if you happen to use both mods (which I highly recommend, as ACP adds a lot of diversity to the game's wildlife), you won't be dealing with double ducks. It doesn't matter which mod is first in your load order, but if you load ACP last, then ducks will use the more diversified graphics that that mod provides instead of the "one size fits all ducks" graphics I've included here.

Credits:

The coyote and duck graphics were provided to me by Ludeon forum user Minimurgle.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

New in the b18 update of "Rascally Rabbits":

- Finally added ducks and coyotes. (Ducks and duck eggs use the same defNames as their counterparts in the "Animal Collab Project" mod, so if you happen to use both mods, you won't be dealing with double ducks.)

- Renamed the "What's Up, Doc?" event to "Rabbit Season / Duck Season," as the crashed escape pod might sometimes contain a duck instead of a rabbit.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Belgrath

Hello

I'm getting errors at the moment when pawns try to make sushi from Rainbeau's Fishing mod
https://gist.github.com/05b23881d42045dfbc588866563ae191

RimWorld 0.18.1722 rev1198
[RF] Basic Bridges - Fishing Add-On [b18]: Rainbeau's Basic Bridges - Fishing(1.0.6539.15991)
I love testing things and watching them break   :P
Sure I'll test it for you!
"Are you a Wizard^^ Belgrath?"
"maybe..."

dburgdorf

Quote from: Belgrath on November 28, 2017, 06:42:42 AMI'm getting errors at the moment when pawns try to make sushi....

Would I be correct in guessing that the errors have something to do with pawns starting to work on the recipe, then just standing around at the stove doing nothing?

I've gotten two similar reports on Steam from other users, but I've so far been unable to duplicate the misbehavior myself, and as "Fishing" adds recipes but makes no changes to the actual mechanics of cooking, I remain skeptical that the problem derives from that mod alone. So my assumption at the moment is that it's either a bug in another mod that does affect cooking, or a conflict of some sort.

Anything you could do to try to narrow down the circumstances in which you see the problem would be helpful.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

I may have a crossover problem with VG but the sushi recipe shows all kind of meat and verggies as ingredient.

Maybe it has to do with ingredients that are shown, but not actually allowed to use.

dburgdorf

Quote from: SpaceDorf on November 28, 2017, 07:12:53 AMI may have a crossover problem with VG but the sushi recipe shows all kind of meat and verggies as ingredient.

Probably doesn't have anything to do with what Belgrath reported, as he doesn't seem to have VG in his mod list, but it *is* something else I should take a look at. If VG's installed, "Fishing" adjusts the VG seafood recipes to actually use fish items, but I don't think it actually does anything to adjust its own recipes....

Buy me a Dr Pepper?