[B18] Rainbeau's Mods -- Lots of Stuff! Take a Look!

Started by dburgdorf, November 06, 2017, 07:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

Quote from: dburgdorf on November 28, 2017, 07:19:19 AM
"Fishing" adjusts the VG seafood recipes to actually use fish items, but I don't think it actually does anything to adjust its own recipes....

It may be more complicated now, that VG is Modular and not all Features are present at all times.

For example I only have the gardening, tools and trees installed.
Not the extra food plants and gourmet recipies.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

dburgdorf

Quote from: SpaceDorf on November 28, 2017, 07:58:40 AMIt may be more complicated now, that VG is Modular and not all Features are present at all times.

I really like the fact that Dismar (at long last) made it modular. But it's not relevant here, as my mods that care about VG look for specific items or recipes, rather than just checking to see if VG is installed. :D
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Canute

too bad dorf, this dorf is clever then a dorf though ! :-)

XeoNovaDan

Hmm, shouldn't boardwalks over marshy soil improve mobility?

dburgdorf

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on November 28, 2017, 11:03:41 AMHmm, shouldn't boardwalks over marshy soil improve mobility?

They do, if you're using the current version of the mod. ;)

(Actually, if you have boardwalks built before Thursday's update, the walk speed will still be slower.)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Mistrornge

Hello,
May have found an error.  Have the bridges mod and was using the basic bridge and boardwalk to speed movement over shallow ocean water.  To reduce tracked sand into my base I wanted to remove the old boardwalk to replace it with granite.  Well I accidentally removed some of the bridging while trying to pull up boardwalk.  If you remove the bridging you can no longer put bridging down in those areas (both regular wood and steel bridging will not lay down). 

dburgdorf

Quote from: Mistrornge on November 28, 2017, 11:13:55 AMMay have found an error....

The error that produced that problem was actually fixed in Saturday's update. Unfortunately, tiles already affected by the bug -- any tiles with bridges on a map that was saved and reloaded after Thursday night's patch -- couldn't be fixed. You'll need to use devmode to manually turn the terrain back to what it's supposed to be. Then you'll be able to build on them normally again. Sorry 'bout that.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

XeoNovaDan

Sunskii

How is Editable Backstories(my favorite mod ever) looking for B18?

Love your mods and keep up the great work dude!

dburgdorf

Quote from: Sunskii on November 28, 2017, 04:46:22 PMHow is Editable Backstories(my favorite mod ever) looking for B18?

Hopefully, this weekend. Just too much going on.  ;)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Questops

You god, thank you so much for updating! That much closer to starting my B18 colony.

Heymom

Hey, thanks for the mods first of...

I feel that the terraforming is a bit over complicated, mainly finding which "button" to click. I am color blind, so the color indications on the icon doesn't help me, and i am finding it very tedious to terraform now sadly, as its something i do in all my games.
Any plans to make it easier or use alternate ways a +/- from current tile for instance? deep water -> rock.

Canute

The problem is, you can't select single tiles like you can do with objects/pawns/animals.
But without these selection you can't do a +/- .

When i doing terraform work, i don't watch the colours, look at the description for the required terrain type iam looking for.

Heymom

Quote from: Canute on November 29, 2017, 04:43:52 AM
The problem is, you can't select single tiles like you can do with objects/pawns/animals.
But without these selection you can't do a +/- .

When i doing terraform work, i don't watch the colours, look at the description for the required terrain type iam looking for.

not sure what you mean by selecting tiles, i suppose a the way to handle that would be to do a switch statement or smth, and output the tile the user wants, then calculate the layer count and add some costs.. haven't looked into it myself. But that's how i would think its done.

Either way, even looking at the text to find out what i need to convert a tile, i still found rather tedious. But i am using "Buildable Terrain" now, which does exactly what i need. After all, terraforming aint ment to be balanced for vanilla :)

SpaceDorf

If you write down all the possible permutations of ground transformation you'll notice that making a general building recipy quite the pain.

Having a button for every possible terrain transformations would easily fill your whole screen.

Flooring is a lot easier, because it is only added on the underlying ground tile.
Fertile Fields changes the underlying ground tile.

The way dragging selection and blueprint placement works in rimworld makes it also impossible to place different recipies at once, which would be required to drag a single output tile over different existing ground tiles.

@heymom The best suggestion in your case would be different buttons that are more readable to you.

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.