[B18] Rainbeau's Mods -- Lots of Stuff! Take a Look!

Started by dburgdorf, November 06, 2017, 07:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mufflamingo

Bleeeee. . . . .

SpaceDorf

I thought "Pawns are Capable" includes Editable Backgrounds ?

Yesterday I had a strange mod interaction bug appear in Rimworld.

I have the Fish cooking Recipies set to forever .. but suddenly I had about 200 Escargot in my Freezer.

Turns out my cooks where cooking without using ressources.
The just stood before the Stove and dropped one meal after another.

Later the same thing happened with the Soup Recipie from Spoonshortages Cooking Mod
( GouRimet I think ).

It happened after I added a bunch of performance tweaks, so I will come back if I found out what happened.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Canute

I think it was the "xyz was grateful and like to share 200 Escargot  with the colony".
Since Escargot arn't that expensive it could be possible.

SpaceDorf

Nope .. I observed my cooks creating stuff out of thin air for a few minutes.

And since the bill was set to drop the cook did not even move.
Worst of all, I was using the bulk-bill and spawning four meals at a time.

Still I can check the message archive for any gifts  ;D

alexdgreat

I started to familiarize myself with Fertile Fields mod. The part related to terraforming for my needs is not very necessary, but the fertilization of the fields is very interesting. No magical transformation of gravel and stone into fertile soil, time and a lot of work, and once on the site of the former rock we will be able to plant and harvest.
But the recipe used to get compost from raw food is too barbarous. Even the fact that rotten food suits for it does not change much, because I myself almost do not allow food to spoil, it will either be eaten before or it will be safely stored frozen. From the cheap options remains hay, which still needs to be accumulated in abundance, and the burning of corpses in the crematorium.
But in a real farm, there is much more raw material for compost. I am sure that I will not say anything, you would not know, but still I will list it.
1. Manure. And not only from large animals. A dozen of hens will also create a lot of litter suitable for fertilizing the soil.
2. Waste from harvesting (stalks of plants); from logging (branches and leaves); from the butchering (intestines); from cooking (potato peelings); scraps from eating.
Surely, the introduction of these new techniques requires considerable effort and possible changes to key mechanics of the game itself.  But it will be much more plausible than making compost from eatable veggies and meat.

SpaceDorf

You can make compost from everything.

What I would suggest is to make non-organic fertilizer from minerals and chemicals like it exists today.

dburgdorf

Quote from: alexdgreat on November 30, 2017, 06:18:03 AM
2. Waste from harvesting (stalks of plants); from logging (branches and leaves); from the butchering (intestines); from cooking (potato peelings); scraps from eating.

Though I understand it would make sense, I nonetheless really have no desire to add manure to the mod, even if I thought it would be an easy thing to do. ;) But I actually toyed a while back with the idea of adding "food scraps" as a byproduct from cooking that could be used for compost. I'd kind of lost track of the idea, but I'll put it back on my "to do" list.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Mufflamingo

Quote from: SpaceDorf on November 30, 2017, 03:16:53 AM
I thought "Pawns are Capable" includes Editable Backgrounds ?

I can create my own backstories with Pawms Are Capable?????
Bleeeee. . . . .

dburgdorf

Quote from: SpaceDorf on November 30, 2017, 03:16:53 AMI thought "Pawns are Capable" includes Editable Backgrounds ?

Um, no. They're two completely different mods. They can certainly be used together, but neither includes the functions of the other.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Archipelagos has been updated:

- Wild plants added by mods will also now appear on appropriate archipelago maps.

(Yeah, I should have thought to add this two weeks ago when I added support for modded animals. Oh, well.)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Basic Bridges has been updated:

- Boardwalks can now once again be constructed over floors, or floors under boardwalks, in order to allow cleaner transition lines between the two.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Basic Bridges has been updated again:

- Bridges and boardwalks no longer have hit points. On the one hand, this means wooden bridges are unrealistically immune to fire. On the other hand, it means bridges and boardwalks are no longer "raider magnets" undermining raid AI.

- Bridges are now placeable in two dimensions, to make construction of large bridges a bit easier.

Pawns Are Capable! has also been updated:

- The mod will now work correctly in conjunction with mods such as "Complex Jobs" or "Job Splitter," which subdivide work types.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

KONO_DIO_DA

Since the update to Pawn Are Capable, I keep having pawns with the hated work debuff, even though they aren't assigned to that work. Seems like a bug.

I stripped all my other mods off (except other RBF mods of course), and still had the issue, which is... not good.

dburgdorf

Quote from: KONO_DIO_DA on December 03, 2017, 01:46:15 PMSince the update to Pawn Are Capable, I keep having pawns with the hated work debuff, even though they aren't assigned to that work. Seems like a bug.

Yes, that's been reported by several users on Steam. I've managed to reproduce it, so hopefully, I'll be able to fix it soon.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Pawns Are Capable! has been updated again:

- BUG FIX: All "dumb labor" and "skilled labor" jobs will be appropriately flagged on the work tab for pawns who don't like doing them.

- BUG FIX: Non-violent pawns will no longer complain about being assigned to hunting unless they actually *are* assigned to hunting.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?