[B18] Rainbeau's Mods -- Lots of Stuff! Take a Look!

Started by dburgdorf, November 06, 2017, 07:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dburgdorf

Configurable Maps has been updated again:

- Added the option to "group" faction bases on the world map geographically (simulating "nations"), rather than just having them scattered all over the map randomly.

- Added the ability to "turn off" the mechanoid faction, (mostly) removing them from the game.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Hydromancerx

dburgdorf

Tribal Essentials has been updated:

- The mod now utilizes the Harmony Patch Library.

- The mod now works with the "Mod Sync Ninja" updater.

- Tribal armor is now made at tailoring spots and tailor benches rather than at tailoring spots and machining tables.

- Tribal armor is now attached to a new "Tribal Warfare" research rather than to "Smithing."

- The ability to create pilas at a crafting spot is now also attached to that research.

- Psychoid tea can now be produced at vanilla ovens as well as at campfires and stone ovens.

- Doors, vents, and the like can now be built directly on top of log walls, just as they can be built on top of vanilla walls.

- Cleaned up a few things to make sure that this mod and BaconBits' "Trap Defence" play nicely together.

- Crafting baskets now boost production at crafting spots as they're supposed to.

(These are all bug fixes and tweaks. I'll likely be adding some new stuff soon, but first wanted to be reasonably sure that everything already in the mod is working as it should.)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Multistream

I have done a tweak of Editable Backstories. It removes all disabled jobs from all backstories. Finally my dream came true. Still have a question about backstories from .xml s in "XML Raw Data" folder - which of them are included in .xml s from "Defs"? I would like to copy every possible backstory back to the game but I am aware of duplicating

dburgdorf

Quote from: Multistream on December 14, 2017, 02:44:15 PMStill have a question about backstories from .xml s in "XML Raw Data" folder - which of them are included in .xml s from "Defs"? I would like to copy every possible backstory back to the game but I am aware of duplicating

I hate to say it, but the simple answer is, "I have no idea."

Back in late February and early March -- good gawd, has it really been that long? -- when I was first putting this mod together, I didn't bother to keep any notes regarding which vanilla backstories became which REB backstories. And honestly, while some entries in the REB database are virtually identical to their vanilla sources, others were edited so extensively that they might as well be new. And on top of that, there's also the fact that there are quite a few vanilla backstories, especially in the Pirate King and "snowflake" lists, that essentially duplicate each other, anyway.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Configurable Maps has been updated:

- Moved the faction-related settings into a separate mod, "Faction Control."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Last update: 12/31/2017

"Faction Control" provides you with a number of configuration options that you can use to tailor which and how many faction groups and faction bases show up on your map. Simply visit "Mod Settings" from the game's "Options" menu.

You can define the total number of faction groups which should appear on your world map (anywhere from 0 to 30), as well as individually adjust the minimum number of groups from each faction which should be present, even removing some factions entirely if you prefer. So you could, for example, play on a planet without any tribal groups, or without any outlanders, or on a planet with no pirates, or perhaps on a planet on which the only faction groups are pirate bands.

The mod also gives you the same level of control over individual factions added by mods (up to 42 total) that it provides for vanilla factions. So, for example, if you're playing with a mod that adds several related factions, only some of which you actually want to have present on your world, well, you'll be able to tailor the planet accordingly. (This also gives you the ability to pick and choose which modded factions you want to use in any particular game without having to disable or uninstall the mods that add them.)

As you increase the total number of faction groups on your world, the number of groups which are hostile to you will scale upward, as well. So unlike most mods which increase faction counts, this one won't allow you to create a world with 30 faction groups of which only three are hostile.

You can also adjust your world map's faction base density, so you can create planets on which each faction group has only a few bases, or heavily populated planets with settlements everywhere.

The mod also gives you the option to organize bases geographically, with each faction group's bases in close proximity to each other, so that the planet looks like it's populated by actual nations, rather than just having bases scattered all over the map randomly.

- Rainbeau Flambe (dburgdorf)

Steam Workshop Link

Dropbox Link

Compatibility:

Since "Faction Control" does nothing but alter initial world generation, adding it to or removing it from a game in progress will have no impact. It should be compatible with any other mods, though it should (and most likely will) override any other mods that alter faction generation.

Credits:

The mod utilizes Pardeike's "Harmony Patch Library." (No additional download is required, as the library is included with the mod.)

Japanese language translation files were provided by Proxyer.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Changes in "Faction Control" since its prior incarnation as part of "Configurable Maps":

- The "total number of factions" slider now has a minimum setting of 0 rather than 3. So, yes, you can create a world with no faction bases at all.

- Added a "faction base density" slider to allow you to set how densely the world is populated with faction bases.

- The number of factions which start out hostile to the player now scales upward with the total number of factions on the map.

- Vanilla factions now have wider ranges of "starting goodwill" options, so their initial feelings about the player faction (and other factions, too) will vary more.

- If you create a world with no hostile factions on the map, mechanoids will be able to show up as raiders from the very beginning of the game. (Even if you have disallowed mechanoids, this still applies, as mechanoids will always be available for raids in the absence of other hostile factions.)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

kaptain_kavern

Awesome mod, as always.

Thank you.

Ho and about forbidding Mechanoids raid, I've done it that way in a mod of mines

<Operation Class="PatchOperationReplace"> <!-- Mechanoid aren't allowed to come if temperature is inferior to 800 -->
<xpath>/Defs/FactionDef[defName ="Mechanoid"]/allowedArrivalTemperatureRange</xpath>
<value>
<allowedArrivalTemperatureRange>
<min>800</min>
<max>999</max>
</allowedArrivalTemperatureRange>
</value>
</Operation>

Dunno if you can make something out of this though....

dburgdorf

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on December 15, 2017, 11:37:55 PMAwesome mod, as always.

Thanks!

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on December 15, 2017, 11:37:55 PMHo and about forbidding Mechanoids raid, I've done it that way in a mod of mines.... Dunno if you can make something out of this though....

I went with a code-based rather than an XML-based approach, since it's a configurable option rather than a set change.

If mechanoids are disallowed, then the code disables the two relevant ship drop incidents, and also disallows mechanoids as raiders unless there are literally no other hostile factions available. But at the same time, if there aren't in fact any other hostile factions, then regardless of whether mechanoids have been disallowed, the code overrides the normal "minimum day count" before mechanoids are allowed to raid, so you can get mechanoid raids from the very beginning of the game if you deliberately set up a map with no hostile faction bases.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Canute

Quote- The "total number of factions" slider now has a minimum setting of 0 rather than 3. So, yes, you can create a world with no faction bases at all.

Just curious, what happen when i set at the scenario editor Raid every x days, but have 0 faction set ?
Does they comes from outer space and allways land with drop pods, or does it cause an error ?

Zalpha

dburgdorf

Quote from: Canute on December 16, 2017, 03:07:53 AMJust curious, what happen when i set at the scenario editor Raid every x days, but have 0 faction set ? Does they comes from outer space and allways land with drop pods, or does it cause an error ?

If you create a world with no hostile faction bases, the same thing happens that happens in a vanilla game after you've destroyed the last hostile faction base.  You get raided by mechanoids.

Yes, this means it's possible to create a game in which you're raided by mechanoids and only by mechanoids starting on Day One. ;)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?