[B18] Rainbeau's Mods -- Lots of Stuff! Take a Look!

Started by dburgdorf, November 06, 2017, 07:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dburgdorf

Configurable Maps has been updated:

- Added an option to disallow "fake" ores (compacted steel, plasteel and machinery) on maps.

(Now you should be able to create a truly "virgin" world. Use "Configurable Maps" to disable ruins and the "somebody lived here before" pseudo-ores, and use "Faction Control" to disallow any human faction groups, so you can land on a planet that really feels like a world upon which no human has ever set foot.... And then get slaughtered by mechanoids on day 3.)
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

I am just pondering if it is ever possible to gain those ressources then. Or if the Player is stuck in the stoneage without the use of some other mods.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

dburgdorf

Quote from: SpaceDorf on January 01, 2018, 10:31:14 AMI am just pondering if it is ever possible to gain those ressources then. Or if the Player is stuck in the stoneage without the use of some other mods.

I'm just allowing the option. I'm not sure I'd ever want to try playing a game that way. Obviously, it'd make things much more difficult. But I'm not sure it'd be all that much worse than playing, for example, on a flat sea ice map.

As to obtaining the ores, well, ship chunks could still fall and be disassembled, and orbital traders would still show up even if there are no traders on the planet. And even without mineable surface ores, it'd still be possible to get them (eventually) via deep drilling, since the mod doesn't alter that aspect of ore generation.

And of course, you can always change the settings if you want after generating your initial map, so that even though *that* map doesn't contain any of the "fake" ores, other maps to which you send caravans or whatever, do provide the ores.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Smooth Stone Walls has been updated:

- The mod is now compatible with the altered stone and wall graphics used in "Cupro's Stones."

- Skill gain rates for smoothing (construction) and basic etching (crafting) have been cut in half. The skill gain rate for decorating (artistic) has not been changed.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: dburgdorf on January 01, 2018, 10:43:00 AM

As to obtaining the ores, well, ship chunks could still fall and be disassembled, and orbital traders would still show up even if there are no traders on the planet. And even without mineable surface ores, it'd still be possible to get them (eventually) via deep drilling, since the mod doesn't alter that aspect of ore generation.

I forgot about ship chunks. But Space Traders require steel and components at first to contact them.
So does the smelter

But I am sure some masochistic players will have a blast.

dburgdorf

Smooth Stone Walls has been updated again, to squash the bug I inadvertently introduced that messed up display of decorated walls.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Sarge

My guys are carrying fresh fish to my rotten corpses stockpile.

dburgdorf

Basic Bridges has been updated:

- Heavy bridges (stone or metal bridges which can support heavy construction) can now only be built once "Advanced Bridge Building" has been researched. Basic wooden bridges can still be built from the very beginning of a game.

- Squashed the bug that was causing floors under boardwalks to disappear when a game was reloaded. Sadly, this doesn't fix tiles already affected by the bug.

- Also squashed a bug that was allowing floors to be built over mud (or under bridges) if this mod was being used in conjunction with Fluffy's "Stuffed Floors."

- Since bridges and boardwalks can't be destroyed, they no longer burn at all. (Yeah, I should have thought to make that change a month ago.)

Fishing has also been updated:

- Updated most of the fish graphics.

- Added bass and catfish.

- Increased the mood buff from eating sushi, since its ingredient cost is a bit higher than for comparable foods.

- Unbutchered shellfish can no longer be used as ingredients in simple meals. However, shellfish *can* now be butchered, and once butchered, they can be used either in the mod's shellfish recipes or as meat ingredients in any other recipes.

- Shellfish trap frames, as well as blueprints and finished traps, now block placement of new traps within close proximity.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Last update: 01/07/2018

Let's Go Crazy!

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called 'life.' Electric word, 'life.' It means 'forever,' and that's a mighty long time, especially out here on the Rim! 'Cause life on the Rim is brutal. You need to know that. Soon enough, you'll see things that will shock and disgust you. Then, you'll find yourself *doing* things that will shock and disgust you. But in time, you'll find that you're no longer shocked or disgusted. And that's when you'll know that you are truly one of us!"

This is a little mod for those players who believe that psychopaths make the best colonists. It won't increase the odds that your starting pawns will be psychopaths, but it will allow them to *become* psychopaths after dealing long enough with the harsh realities of life on the Rim. Any pawn who doesn't have the "Kind" trait and who doesn't have a backstory (such as "Empath") which disallows the "Psychopath" trait will, in time, "snap." It's not a matter of "if," but a matter of "when." Pawns with high Social skill may take a bit longer to snap. Pawns with the "Bloodlust," "Cannibal" or "Abrasive" traits will snap that much sooner. And, of course, a pawn's mood will also affect the likelihood of a snap. But in time, all will succumb to the madness of the Rim.

* NOTE: The frequency of these "snaps" may very well still need to be adjusted! Please provide feedback letting me know if the snaps seem too frequent, too rare, or just about right! *

In addition, pawns you capture or recruit from non-pirate factions will be slightly more likely than in vanilla to already have the "Psychopath" trait. And pawns from pirate factions will be very likely to have it.

On a side note, the mod also adjusts the character display tab so that up to seven (instead of just four) traits can be seen.

- Rainbeau Flambe (dburgdorf)

Steam Workshop Link

Dropbox Link

Compatibility:

"We're All Mad, Here!" can safely be added to or deleted from a game in progress, and shouldn't conflict with any other mods.

Credits:

The existence of this mod is indirectly the fault of InfinityKage, who innocently asked on the Ludeon forums back in July if there was a way to add the "Psychopath" trait to pawns mid-game.

The mod utilizes Pardeike's "Harmony Patch Library." (No additional download is required, as the library is included with the mod.)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

I have some ideas for expanding upon the functionality of "We're All Mad, Here!," but as I honestly have no idea when I'll get around to actually doing anything with those ideas, I finally decided just to go ahead and update the mod "as is" from a17 to b18.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: dburgdorf on January 07, 2018, 02:42:50 PM
I have some ideas for expanding upon the functionality of "We're All Mad, Here!," but as I honestly have no idea when I'll get around to actually doing anything with those ideas, I finally decided just to go ahead and update the mod "as is" from a17 to b18.

Thanks for this, it looks like a lot of fun. Having the social system disabled, with MakeWarNotLove, won't affect anything, will it?

dburgdorf

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 07, 2018, 02:58:59 PMThanks for this, it looks like a lot of fun. Having the social system disabled, with MakeWarNotLove, won't affect anything, will it?

That's a very good question. Why don't you let me know? ;)

Seriously, though, all I know about that mod is that it removes from the game some things that I regard as very important to game play, so it's not one I've ever really looked at. Not knowing exactly what it does or how it does it, I can't say for sure that there won't be any impact, though I wouldn't really expect any issues.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

QuoteOn a side note, the mod also adjusts the character display tab so that up to seven (instead of just four) traits can be seen.

Does this interfere with or depend on "more trait slots" ?

QuoteI'm NOT secretly Obi-Wan Kenobi. Really. I swear.
since you admitted to having a Son, I would have never believed that anyway.

onerous1

Edible Backstories downloads an empty file from dropbox.

dburgdorf

Quote from: SpaceDorf on January 08, 2018, 02:43:47 AMDoes this interfere with or depend on "more trait slots" ?

No. They both work fine independently, or can be used together. (They essentially both make the same change, in the same way, so there's no conflict or dependency.)

Quote from: onerous1 on January 08, 2018, 08:54:01 AMEdible Backstories downloads an empty file from dropbox.

Damn it. That's the sort of thing that happens when I'm working while distracted. :P

OK, I'll get the upload fixed this evening when I get home from work.  Sorry about that.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?