[B18] Rainbeau's Mods -- Lots of Stuff! Take a Look!

Started by dburgdorf, November 06, 2017, 07:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dburgdorf

Quote from: SpaceDorf on January 12, 2018, 03:33:35 AMWhat I miss from Bridges is a way to build powerlines across deep rivers.

Not quite sure what you mean. You can build powerlines across bridges over shallow or deep water, just as you've always been able to.

Quote from: Canute on January 12, 2018, 05:09:45 AMIs there no terraform option anymore for the Ice sheet "Ice" only for the Sea Ice ?

At the moment, that is correct. I'm not sure yet what (if anything) I want to allow ice in ice sheets to be transformed into, given that the biome description specifically states that the ice can be "kilometers thick."
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Napple

Reporting the children and pregnancy mod is incompatible with the editable backstories. Specifically editable backstories removes all the backstories which includes the basic child backstory added by the CAP mod so any colonists who are born get random backstories instead.
I think they still get the child backstory if I'm running the lite version. 

Canute

Quote from: dburgdorf on January 12, 2018, 09:35:09 AM
Quote from: Canute on January 12, 2018, 05:09:45 AMIs there no terraform option anymore for the Ice sheet "Ice" only for the Sea Ice ?

At the moment, that is correct. I'm not sure yet what (if anything) I want to allow ice in ice sheets to be transformed into, given that the biome description specifically states that the ice can be "kilometers thick."
Thats why i am confused.
Sea ice is the one with floating ice sheets, and this you are allowed to transform into shallow water ?
Deep water didn't mean that it is kilometer deep, just that deep that you need to swim. And the terraform is just into shallow water.
Beside the fact that the shallow/deep water should become ice soon or later.

dburgdorf

Quote from: Napple on January 12, 2018, 09:55:34 AMReporting the children and pregnancy mod is incompatible with the editable backstories.

I'll take a look, but I don't know of any reason why the backstories would be getting lost, and nobody else has ever reported an incompatibility.

Quote from: Canute on January 12, 2018, 10:11:15 AMSea ice is the one with floating ice sheets, and this you are allowed to transform into shallow water ? ....
Beside the fact that the shallow/deep water should become ice soon or later.

I agree it would seem to make more sense to transform the ice to deep water, and yet.... Sea ice maps, when generated, include "pools" or "lakes" that are mostly shallow water....

As to refreezing, again, I agree it would make sense, but there's really no way I could allow ice transformed into water to eventually turn back to ice on its own without *also* letting natural lakes and pools end up freezing.

(I could make sure that any "new" water spots are ocean water, so they're salt instead of fresh, since that would address the freezing issue, but I'm not sure whether the lakes that generate on the maps by default are salt or fresh. I should check that.)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

wwWraith

Quote from: dburgdorf on January 12, 2018, 10:35:52 AM
As to refreezing, again, I agree it would make sense, but there's really no way I could allow ice transformed into water to eventually turn back to ice on its own without *also* letting natural lakes and pools end up freezing.
Actually you can add your own "copy" of water terrains that will be able to freeze. Or make an option in the mod's settings to let any water freeze (including in more warm biomes in winter), it would be natural. But does it worth it...
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Canute

I just imagine, a sea ice biome with a heat wave.
The ice smelt after 1-2 days into mud or shallow water, and after a while the shallow water into deep water.
Did this colony was named Atlantis maybe ? :-)

If dburgdorf can manage this, yes replace the vanilia ice,water with freeze/smeltable ones.
Forbid general ice terraforming , it need to be smelt bevor you can terraform it.

Btw. i can't if you allready did it,
but when you terraform into shallow/deep water, did you do a neightbour tile check for floating/ocean ?
So when you terraform next to a river or ocean you generate the proper water tile and not simple shallow/deep water.

Napple

For the pregnancy mod the pawns being born don't generate with the child backstory added by the mod for child colonists who were born at the colony. They instead get a random backstory.

dburgdorf

Quote from: Napple on January 12, 2018, 11:22:24 AMFor the pregnancy mod the pawns being born don't generate with the child backstory added by the mod for child colonists who were born at the colony. They instead get a random backstory.

Yes, you already reported that. As I said, I'll look into it.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: SpaceDorf on January 12, 2018, 03:33:35 AM
Inception successful.

What I miss from Bridges is a way to build powerlines across deep rivers.

Have you tried Power Logic? It will let you transmit power with an emitter and receiver. Great for having multiple power grids, and having the conduits cross but not connect. There is also Parallel Power Grid (Parallel Conduits) that is not complete yet but I believe the main parts are working. I have Power Logic installed but haven't messed around with it yet, but I would think between those two, they could be a nice addition to your mod list!

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: dburgdorf on January 12, 2018, 11:55:21 AM
Quote from: Napple on January 12, 2018, 11:22:24 AMFor the pregnancy mod the pawns being born don't generate with the child backstory added by the mod for child colonists who were born at the colony. They instead get a random backstory.

Yes, you already reported that. As I said, I'll look into it.

The discussion has deviated away from issues with Children and Pregnancy. We must only discuss this until these issues are resolved, mister!

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 12, 2018, 12:20:27 PM

Have you tried Power Logic?

I use parallel conduits and have dabbled with power logic but was not aware of the advanced options.

I had a game in early A18 where conduits and bridges did not work together. But I guess this was a different mod interaction.

Still I would prefer a simple underwater conduit like I had in A17 instead of building a pathway for everyone
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Crow_T

Suggestion: user editable config for the various psychopath variables in We're all Mad Here (is various variables redundant?). From what I remember in the A17 version the psychopath trait was too common from my point of view- obviously this kind of balance is up to the player's particular moral leanings... 

*Just tried in B18, getting something like 50% psychopaths on rolls and one colonist cracked in the first week. Is this as designed for playing raider-type colonies? If so that makes sense...
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

dburgdorf

Last update: 01/14/2018

Have you ever wondered why the game's work tab forever shows what your colonists *used* to do, without providing you any way to update the info to display what they're *currently* doing? I mean, do you really care that Joe Plumber used to work as a janitor, if he's now serving as your colony's premiere culinary artiste?

Well, fret no more. This mod allows you to edit a colonist's title as well as his or her nickname, any time you feel like it. So if you want to give your colonists titles that reflect their actual jobs instead of their backstories, or want to assign them pseudo-military ranks in your colonial militia, or whatever, you can do so!

Simply click the "rename" button on a pawn's character screen, and instead of getting a window that allows editing only of the nickname, you'll get a window allowing editing of both the nickname and the title.

- Rainbeau Flambe (dburgdorf)

Steam Workshop Link

Dropbox Link

Compatibility:

This mod ought to be compatible with just about anything. It's safe to add to or remove from a game in progress, though obviously, if you remove it from a game, any pawns to whom you've assigned custom titles will revert back to titles reflecting their backstories.

I'm aware of one conflict, and unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about it. There's an NSFW mod called "RimJobWorld" which completely replaces the code that creates the character display tab. The changes that "Editable Pawn Titles" makes to that code get ignored along with the core code, and as a result, the revised edit window is never referenced.

Credits:

The mod utilizes Pardeike's "Harmony Patch Library." (No additional download is required, as the library is included with the mod.)

And many thanks to BrokenValkyrie, for a push in the right direction where the required transpiler syntax was concerned.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Harry_Dicks

Holy shit. I really think you read my mind, sir. I am not kidding, when 2 days ago I was just doing a test game. And this awesome vampire I had, had a really lame title. I thought about your Editable Backstories, but that wouldn't let me change what I really wanted. I just wanted him to have some kickass title, ya'know?! I wanted him to be something fucking cool. So this is actually really, really strange for me ??? WOW I just thought of what else I can do with this. GIVE RANKS TO MY PAWNS!!! You're the man, man!

EDIT: I was just curious about how hard this would be to implement, after Sarge made me think of it on the TMagic thread. Since you seem to also be the "traits" modder that we all love, I wanted to know if it would be possible to have pawns have a sort of marker or flag on them, that will show when they enter your map if they have any specific traits that you have checked in the mod options. The reason I ask, is because in something like TMagic or Rim of Madness, seeing a magically gifted pawn, werewolf, or something else might be really rare, and you want to have special preparations to capture this pawn when they enter your map. But when the raids you receive might be 40+ guys, it can be very tedious going through them all one by one.

Would it be possible to have maybe an alert for when a pawn like that enters your map, and it has the arrow pointing to them? Or a dismissable flag/marker for these guys? Lastly, could we have things for specific health conditions, too? Also in Rim of Madness, vampirism is a health condition, not a trait. Or what if you want to capture the pawn with any bionics on? OR you want to strip any bionics from those raiders after you down them (with your bionics recovery mod) but you don't want to have to go through all of the bodies one by one checking them, alive or dead, for bionics or whatever specific health conditions you are looking for. I know I can just have my bionics recovery benches near my corpse freezer, but I might not want to haul back every corpse to there anyway, maybe some of them are going right to the incinerator or for the dogs or whatever, ya'know? So that would mean still having to check them all one by one.

Lastly, I'm sure I'm not the only, that a lot of time through early and middle game, will check out all of the raiders traits, and then all of their health, looking for potential new recruits. I just thought it would be a cool idea if we could have a mod that automatically checks those two lists for you (traits and health conditions), saving a shit ton of time. And even when you are late game anyway with 30 pawns and don't want anymore, you still might accept a new vampire, werewolf, magically gifted, or upgraded mage/fighter from TMagic (sniper, gladiator, etc.) but some people play with difficulties/storytellers that send a lot of big raids of crappy pawns, so you would spend too much time if you have to manually check everyone.

Canute

Harry,
just a question, do you know what "quote" means and how to use ?
There is no reason to quote the entry previously post.

Just use quote if you want comment some special content to keep a discussion line.

Don't quote, because the quote button is so nice on top, instead to use the Reply button or the Quick reply field.