[B18] Rainbeau's Mods -- Lots of Stuff! Take a Look!

Started by dburgdorf, November 06, 2017, 07:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Sometimes even a coder noob like me, can see something at the error log.
Without any more info you don't even have a clue how to help someone.

Harry_Dicks

Harry_Dicks

Do you think it would be possible to have an option with Configurable Maps to have all of your rock/mountain in the center of the map, and then using the mountain slider to determine how far out the radius of rock extends from the center of the map?

Mufflamingo

Hello. Since you made editable backstories and editable titles, can you consider editable names, editable art description and editable room names?
Bleeeee. . . . .

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Mufflamingo on February 05, 2018, 04:25:18 AM
Hello. Since you made editable backstories and editable titles, can you consider editable names, editable art description and editable room names?

Let us edit our art sculptures, and pick which texture we want to use! I have that mod pack More Sculptures so I have over 100 in total, and it's next to impossible to decorate my base with the particular statues I want, when I want them :-\

Mufflamingo

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 05, 2018, 06:22:31 AM
Quote from: Mufflamingo on February 05, 2018, 04:25:18 AM

Let us edit our art sculptures, and pick which texture we want to use! I have that mod pack More Sculptures so I have over 100 in total, and it's next to impossible to decorate my base with the particular statues I want, when I want them :-\

There is already a More Sculpture Mod and Selectable Sculpture Mod. You can google in or in Steam.
Bleeeee. . . . .

Harry_Dicks

Mister Rainbeau Flambe, I was curious if we could have it possible with Smooth Stone Walls to have them technically "smoothed" but maybe have the option of keeping the aesthetic? I ask because I am also using the mod Natural Walls, which let's you actually construct walls that look like their natural counterpart, but without the negative beauty. I actually really love this look, because inside my mountain bases it still looks like a sort of natural cave with torches and stuff :) But I also really, really love Smooth Stone Walls, especially since my artist can come along to decorate them. But maybe we could have an option to "reinforce" these walls, but still have them look like the natural ones, or maybe the artist can beautify the natural wall, so that way we don't have to tear it down just to rebuild it?

Harry_Dicks

Mister Rainbeau, I have a new question for you. I want to modify the tundra biomes defs for the flora and fauna spawn chances. Does Configurable Maps base it's sliders modifications for these values off of what I will have set up in my game, or will what I change in my defs be irrelevant? An example would be: if I were to set my values to ridiculously high levels, but then in CF I had the values turned low, would I still have a lot of stuff on my map? Or what if I had my base values already low, but then I put the settings in CF low, will it be the same amount of stuff?

If I have my flora & fauna values cranked up in CF's settings, will I be able to see any difference between having my default values higher or lower for flora & fauna? Thanks! :)

Ruisuki

Awesome, bridges+fishing is like a newer version of rikkis ya. Fishing is influenced by animals skill but does it improve it? I always found it difficult to lvl by itself

Madman666

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 12, 2018, 03:30:08 PM
Awesome, bridges+fishing is like a newer version of rikkis ya. Fishing is influenced by animals skill but does it improve it? I always found it difficult to lvl by itself

Animal handling is quite easy to level. Training wild animals takes forever and raises your skills significantly. And if you don't have starting skills to tame wild animals, you can always tame or buy apacas and other domesticated animals - training and shearing\milking them gives enough exp to move on to wild animals.

Ruisuki

questions: Theres no longer a lite version of editable backstories? What about a no traits versions of pawns are capable? Worried more about the latter because psychology messes up with mods that add traits
----

Quote from: Madman666 on February 12, 2018, 03:40:29 PM
Quote from: Ruisuki on February 12, 2018, 03:30:08 PM

Animal handling is quite easy to level. Training wild animals takes forever and raises your skills significantly. And if you don't have starting skills to tame wild animals, you can always tame or buy apacas and other domesticated animals - training and shearing\milking them gives enough exp to move on to wild animals.
Ok ill keep that in mind. Does fishing not level animal skill though?

Kori

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 12, 2018, 03:57:09 PM
Does fishing not level animal skill though?

It does, but it's very slow.

dburgdorf

questions: Theres no longer a lite version of editable backstories? What about a no traits versions of pawns are capable? Worried more about the latter because psychology messes up with mods that add traits

There's still a "lite" version of "Editable Backstories." It's just a configuration option now instead of a separate mod.

As far as "Pawns are Capable!" is concerned, until and unless Rue returns and decides to update the "traits" version, the "no traits" version is in fact the only version that exists in b18.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 12, 2018, 12:54:08 PM
Does Configurable Maps base it's sliders modifications for these values off of what I will have set up in my game, or will what I change in my defs be irrelevant?

What you put in your defs will be irrelevant. The sliders in "Configurable Maps" calculate values based on default vanilla values without regard to what's actually in the XML definitions.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Ruisuki

Quote from: dburgdorf on February 12, 2018, 04:52:25 PM

There's still a "lite" version of "Editable Backstories." It's just a configuration option now instead of a separate mod.

As far as "Pawns are Capable!" is concerned, until and unless Rue returns and decides to update the "traits" version, the "no traits" version is in fact the only version that exists in b18.
Great to hear the no traits is the one i dwlded then, should have no compatibility issues with psychology then. Where do i go to configure the backstories though? I added the mod and when creating a colonist with prepare carefully I no longer see "Sensitive Child" backstory for example. I wanted to use that as a template to expand on.