[B18] Rainbeau's Mods -- Lots of Stuff! Take a Look!

Started by dburgdorf, November 06, 2017, 07:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowstitch

I have run into an issue with the Bridges and the "Minify Everything" mod, (https://github.com/erdelf/MinifyEverything) where "uninstalling" or "moving" a bridge segment leaves behind a modified version of the original terrain, marked "(under bridge)". I can't build a new bridge on it, and I can't change or interact with it, but I can use godmode to force re-set that terrain to its original state.
Is there any way to tweak compatibility to accommodate this mod, or should I just manually disallow bridges from being moved?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: shadowstitch on February 12, 2018, 10:14:16 PM
I have run into an issue with the Bridges and the "Minify Everything" mod, (https://github.com/erdelf/MinifyEverything) where "uninstalling" or "moving" a bridge segment leaves behind a modified version of the original terrain, marked "(under bridge)". I can't build a new bridge on it, and I can't change or interact with it, but I can use godmode to force re-set that terrain to its original state.
Is there any way to tweak compatibility to accommodate this mod, or should I just manually disallow bridges from being moved?

Pretty sure this has something to do with terrain types and their "affordability" and being able to modify or paste a new terrain type over them, something required for Basic Bridges. I also recently talked to Erdelf and told them that the soil types are listed from Fertile Fields as well with Minify Everything. So hopefully things that are unselectable will be taken from the list. But I also think maybe you shouldn't try to minify the bridge to move it, maybe it is meant to only be deconstructed, and dburgdorf never had the plan to have it be minifiable. I'm guessing that when you minify a bridge, rather than deconstruct it, this may be causing the issue, because I'm guessing that somewhere in the code for RF - Bridges there is something that will fix the terrain if you deconstruct it, but you are able to skip this step with Minify Everything.

This is all one big guess, though. But you can read more about this with sulusdacor's Bridges mod, a different mod but he has a post talking about this, and how there are other issues with moving terrain types and such, which I think is relevant to this subject as well: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26276.msg274480#msg274480

PS - you might be able to use the "remove terrain" order, instead of having to use God Mode to remove the "(under bridge)" terrain.

EDIT: Mister Rainbeau, will Configurable Maps also overwrite any fauna population settings that come from Walking Problem's Wild Animal Sex? Or will load order matter, or do you have any experience/comments on these? I remember how your mod would overwrite cuproPanda's Stones, so I was curious about this one as well. Is there a setting in a mod that is sort of like a "priority number" that can determine what mods will overwrite other mods, or are situations like this only resolved through load orders? I want to say I thought I had seen something like this somewhere, but I really can't remember. Thanks! :)

Ruisuki

1. hows the beauty compared to structure walls? Im hoping its a tiny bit less just so I have a slight reason to still use walls inside mountains, instead of always smoothing which I will begin to do a LOT of.

2. Also can insects break through still? They should right, since its still cave? That could give me a reason...

3. I know conduits can run through smooth walls but what about pipes from dubs hygene mod??

Lethe

I checked the last 5 pages or so of the thread, but it doesn't seem anyone mentioned this yet. (My apologizes if someone posted it already and you know about it.)

When using We're All Mad Here alongside with Psychology mod I've had this raider appear: Cake is a psychopath with a bleeding heart. https://snag.gy/rqLvTw.jpg

I have it set up so your mod is loading after Psychology. Initially, I thought it might be a Psychology goof, but then I remembered your mod and how it increases the chances of folks to have that trait. I'm not sure if I should be mentioning it to you or to Psychology's author as I'm not sure if your mod is overwriting or ignoring certain trait spawning logic or if it is an issue with the trait spawning logic with Psychology itself.

Thanks for all of your excellent mods! :D

dburgdorf

Quote from: Lethe on February 18, 2018, 03:32:29 PMWhen using We're All Mad Here alongside with Psychology mod I've had this raider appear: Cake is a psychopath with a bleeding heart.

When "We're All Made, Here" checks to see if a pawn ought to be given the "Psychopath" trait, it checks to make sure that pawn doesn't have any vanilla traits that conflict with "Psychopath." It doesn't, however, check for traits added by other mods. Maybe some day I'll add such checks.

Quote from: shadowstitch on February 12, 2018, 10:14:16 PMI have run into an issue with the Bridges and the "Minify Everything" mod....

The prior response to your post pretty much "hit the nail on the head." In order to allow proper movement on bridges, the terrain beneath them is changed when a bridge is built, and reverted when it is deconstructed. If the "minification" process used by "Minify Everything" doesn't trigger the game code to check what's supposed to happen when the bridge is deconstructed, then yes, it's gonna screw up your map by leaving "under bridge" terrain tiles behind.

Short answer: bridges aren't meant to be minified and moved.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Harry_Dicks

Mister dburgdorf, I have a few questions that I hope you don't mind. I think I asked about "We're All Mad Here" before but I cannot find or remember the answer.

With We're All Mad Here, can the psychopath trait still be acquired by a pawn that has their trait slots maxed out? Would it replace the final trait, a random trait, or none at all? This is also assuming that a pawn has 8 (or is it 9?) traits filled already, via your More Trait Slots and Configurable Traits. Or, if we have the maximum traits for a pawn set to say 5, and they have 5 traits, will they be able to gain psychopath as a 6th trait? Could a pawn have more traits than what can be displayed (8 or 9 or whatever it is)?

Also, could you give us any further details of how this mod works? I am curious about how the sort of "threshold" and "snapping/breaking point" mechanic works for pawns. Does your mod have a sort of list that it logs certain events happening to specific pawns, and this can build up overtime to help them reach their breaking point? Or it could be a list like that but instead of logging events happening to pawns, it logs their mood and mood modifiers over time? Or is there something that's just sort of always running in the background, waiting for a pawn to hit the right RNG numbers for whatever situation to make them snap? Last part of this question, if there is a sort of "log" that's kept for pawns, will this "log" be resumed if you turn WAMH off, and then back on again at a later point? Or would this make all of your pawns who aren't yet psychopaths get a sort of "fresh start" with your mod?

All of this is from having no experience with C#, so I suppose I am just trying to understand it better in layman's terms.

Final, silly question - this mod doesn't add a lot to CPU load at all, does it? Any comments on it affecting performance?

My apologies for the questions :-[ but I'm very interested in how this works. Thank you.

Ruisuki

do smooth stone walls insulate in the same way that vanilla structure walls do? ive gotten responses in forums that say even smooth walls only give slightly more insulation than natural cave walls.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 24, 2018, 05:30:40 PM
do smooth stone walls insulate in the same way that vanilla structure walls do? ive gotten responses in forums that say even smooth walls only give slightly more insulation than natural cave walls.

Only thing I can say about insulation and walls is that I know 2 walls is ideal for freezers :P

This thread and/or OP might help you better understand insulation https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=38046

Kori

In the CookMakiRoll recipe (VGPatches.xml) rice and shellfish are missing as defaultIngredients, while the description says that it is made from rice.

Heymom

About "Pawns are capable"

In the original mod, 'Neat Freak' got a bonus to cleaning dirt etc. it seems to have been changed. Why? i liked that feature, dedicated janitor etc.

Could you provide the original code, so i can edit the mod myself perhaps?

Thanks.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Heymom on February 28, 2018, 06:07:38 PM
In the original mod, 'Neat Freak' got a bonus to cleaning dirt etc.

In what way was this bonus? I haven't seen anything before that let's one pawn clean faster than another. Was this bonus related to the mood change or something else in the mod?

Ruisuki

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 24, 2018, 07:14:57 PM
Quote from: Ruisuki on February 24, 2018, 05:30:40 PM

Only thing I can say about insulation and walls is that I know 2 walls is ideal for freezers :P

This thread and/or OP might help you better understand insulation https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=38046
Yeah I always try to run a double walled freezer (exception being the location of cooler) and airlock to retain temperature. Not sure if ill need to as often if I skimp for Centralized Climate Control
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=34346.0

Canute

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 28, 2018, 08:00:34 PM
Don't know that mod either, must be one of these ancient stream ones.

I think it is like Green thumb, he get mood bonus when he is doing cleaning.

In what way was this bonus? I haven't seen anything before that let's one pawn clean faster than another. Was this bonus related to the mood change or something else in the mod?

Heymom

Quote from: Canute on March 01, 2018, 03:23:04 AM
Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 28, 2018, 08:00:34 PM
Don't know that mod either, must be one of these ancient stream ones.

I think it is like Green thumb, he get mood bonus when he is doing cleaning.

It was a mood buff, so you could have one pawn do cleaning 100% of the time, and never be unhappy. Think it also worked with sorting stacks in the stash.
Afaik, there wasnt any speed increase connected to it. The mod is from a17, so i wouldnt call it "ancient".

Ruisuki

is 'rough stone wall' in the dev mode menu? I can place marble or any other type of rough wall through the dev mode but cant smooth it afterward.