[α18] Prisoners no longer replace tattered clothing?

Started by Chibiabos, November 07, 2017, 10:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chibiabos

I seem to recall in previous versions, I could create zones in prisoner rooms for clothing, and prisoners would wear them (as colonists would) if their current clothing were tattered (or they didn't even have that particular article of clothing).

This doesn't seem to be working in Alpha 18, not sure if it was intentionally or unintentionally removed, or if I'm remembering previous version functionality or not.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

Thane

I love how you actually used an alpha sign and yes this was in previous versions.
It is regular practice to install peg legs and dentures on anyone you don't like around here. Think about that.

grrizo

Futa? Is that a man or a woman?
By the way, you're very kind with your prisoners. I just drop them in cells and feed them.
Lavish meal, now with extra Yorkshire terrier meat.

The Nickman

I'm almost certain in the a18 game I'm playing I've replaced prisoners' clothes successfully... you're not trying to give them dead man's clothes are you?

gipothegip

I've had this issue too. I end up having to strip my prisoners. Once they're naked they'll put on the new clothes.

You might have to haul out the tattered clothes, but I believe they already look for the best they can get to.
Should I feel bad that nearly half my posts are in the off topic section?

Canute

At my last A17 colony i used the straitjacket mod and allways got 2 100% newly crafted at the prisoner area.
But the prisoner only wear new ones when the old jacket get destroyed.

So i don't think prisoner don't wear new appearal unless to cover their naked.
I think you used a mod before that let you use prisoner outfits which are definitiv not vanilia feature.

Chibiabos

Nope, no mod.

I want to recruit my prisoners, your chance of recruiting them improves if they're in a good mood.  Tattered clothing = mood debuff, so I remove them.  I try to keep the prison nice with comfy beds, end tables and a dresser.  As in real life, vengeful 'hard on crime' doesn't do anything productive.  Countries like Denmark that are "soft" on crime with no concrete and steel cages for convicts have a much lower rate of crime and recidivism for those convicted than the vigilantism-minded U.S. system of punishment.  I can always use more colonists.

And no, those aren't dead man's clothes.  I have some robust tailors, getting high-quality clothes out.

Chibiabos

Stripped prisoner, they took off all their clothing, re-equipped only their existing trenchcoat.  Now they have no pants (as they didn't originally, and won't equip the non-deadman 100% HP pants I had in the room) nor shirt (which they had tattered, and I had a 100% HP button-down shirt in the room). :/

Panzer

Strip them and instantly haul it, prisoners will only equip one chest piece and trousers. If that prisoner doesnt like your clothes, it is probably because of the duster, duster covers everything and pawns prefer those.