Started by AngleWyrm, May 30, 2017, 01:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngleWyrm

The mapping has been solved
dance in joy or cry in despair
it matters not to me.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

lorebot

and yet the core question of my first post remains unanswered...

Quote from: lorebot on July 12, 2017, 08:43:23 PM
I'm not sure if there's a way to alter the trading system in Rimworld in this fashion

So I guess what i'd really like to know is what it would take to actually make such a change. Would it be an .xml edit or a C# script? It's been a while since i've done either of those things, but I think I could figure it out if I just knew where to start.

dburgdorf

Quote from: lorebot on July 14, 2017, 04:52:41 PMand yet the core question of my first post remains unanswered...

What you proposed is certainly possible, but it would require C# coding. It probably wouldn't even be terribly difficult, given that you're essentially just talking about calculating and then "plugging in" a modifier to the base result of a transaction. Not having looked into the trading-related code at all, though, I'm afraid I can't really provide anything more specific.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Kori

@AngleWyrm

When you want to buy an item with a value of less than 0.50, 0.50 will be set as the minimum price.

example for CE-ammunition (single bullet):

Market value 0.08
x 1.50 (Buying)
x 1.10 (difficulty level)

Final price: 0.50 (minimum)

Do you think you are able to remove or lower this minimum price as well? Since it affects only the buying and not the selling price, Economic Stability otherwise gets bypassed for these low value items.  :-\

Kori