Shouldn't grass grow back faster after winter?

Started by Synchrotron, November 07, 2017, 09:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Synchrotron

Usually I play on terrains that have 30/60 to 40/60 days of growing period, starting on spring when the map is fully covered with grass, and when the first winter comes all the grass dies until the next spring starts. The problem is that the grass always spawn at the border of the map and starts to slowly regrow from there, so by the end of the second autumn it still won't reach the center of the map, where our base is usually located, and that makes grass completely useless past the first autumn, not to mention it also makes the game less "realistic" because the seasons aren't a complete cycle.

I'm aware this behavior is intended, and I know I can always grow hay to feed animals instead of raising them on pasture, but it would be nice if grass could grow faster or at least make the game spawn patches of grass randomly around the map (not just at the borders) so the grass can fully regrow at the center of the map.

Dashthechinchilla

I think even wild plant growth is effected by temp, so it won't grow back as fast if the cold stays around.

Still, I know what you are talking about. I like to play arid maps, and after a few years it is mostly dirt and sand when it started pretty grown the first year.