[1.0][B19] GlitterWorld Prime - Online Marketplace

Started by TwistedSoul, November 09, 2017, 06:53:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwistedSoul

Hi all, bit of a progress update.

I've been putting together a website to allow browsing the GlitterWorld Prime Data.

Some screenshots can be found here

Currently it allows:

• Browsing Things in Stock
  • Browsing the list of Colonies, Viewing what that Colony has traded with GWP
  • Viewing the daily statistics, A list of all things traded on that day.

Graphs and all that stuff will come later on.

Public Alpha version will probably go up tonight (2017-11-26).

Sniper Pilot

Out of curiosity, how do you prevent cheating?

TwistedSoul

There really isn't any way for me to prevent cheating.

Dev mode is easily enabled and Things created in dev mode are indistinguishable from Things created through gameplay.

I looked into possibilities such as tagging items created in dev mode and prevent them from being traded but it's easily defeated by creating the items, editing the save file, removing the tags and then trading them...

Canute

Maybe you should add more trade server.

Vanlia only.
Permadeath only.
with or without mod 'don't tempt me' (no develop. mode).

top_hat_tomato

Another good addition I've been thinking of is a mechanic similar to the 'caravan request' system where a player enters a query to request an item (from a list) for an additional fee. Though this would probably be a pain to introduce I feel like it would add much more appeal to the currently limited market in items such as plasteel and steel.

ayoayo

Very nice mod and concept, but would it be possible to add an optional client side negative modifier percentages for sell price and buy price for increased difficulty? As it is now the marketplace is so OP compared to every other trade option that i don't really want to use it that much. If i could set it so that buying price of items was maybe doubled and the selling price was halved it would be great. I suppose i can use dev mode to manually delete silver but that is a chore.

Deonix

Could it be possible for the server to add or remove a random quantity of a random amount of items at a set time? so it gives that idea that a lot of worlds are buying and selling different things, and there are not only the colonists trying to sell whatever they have in surplus or they deem useless.

Goldenpotatoes

I notice that majority of the caravan reward items (bombardment beacons, ect) are sometimes seen in the list but aren't actually purchasable. Is there any particular reason these aren't purchasable, like for balance or what-not?

Canute

You are sure these items arn't from some mod's you didn't installed ?
Bombardment beacons are from Orassans too.

Goldenpotatoes

Quote from: Canute on December 08, 2017, 02:42:24 AM
You are sure these items arn't from some mod's you didn't installed ?
Bombardment beacons are from Orassans too.

These are very much the vanilla items, same with the antigrain warheads.

TwistedSoul

Updated: 2017-12-12, Builds a9191a89, ceef637c

Balance: Can no longer trade with GWP until faction name and base name is set for the current map.
Change: Updates to to match server API changes.
Fix: Fixed a bug where if the Thing's CompQuality isn't currently set but the ThingDef has a CompQuality it caused duplicate items in the database.

TwistedSoul

Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on December 07, 2017, 09:32:03 PM
I notice that majority of the caravan reward items (bombardment beacons, ect) are sometimes seen in the list but aren't actually purchasable. Is there any particular reason these aren't purchasable, like for balance or what-not?

Hi Goldenpotatoes, I am investigating this as we speak. Issue link

I'm not sure why they are not tradeable at the moment, but I believe is because their ThingDef tradeability is probably Tradeability.Never.
I'll see what I can do.

TwistedSoul

Quote from: Deonix on December 01, 2017, 12:14:11 AM
Could it be possible for the server to add or remove a random quantity of a random amount of items at a set time? so it gives that idea that a lot of worlds are buying and selling different things, and there are not only the colonists trying to sell whatever they have in surplus or they deem useless.

Hi Deonix, Yes! This has been implemented.

GlitterBot was deployed on 2017-12-12.

Its purpose is to adjust the price of items based on demand and to add/remove stock randomly.

The more of something people buy ergo the more expensive it becomes and the opposite is also true.
The less of something people buy, the cheaper it becomes.

For example:
▲ Adjusting price of ThingDef:Apparello_Beret:DevilstrandCloth:Superior from 470.0 to 560.0
▲ Adjusting price of ThingDef:SculptureGrand:GR_TortoiseShell:Good from 8195.0 to 9800.0
▲ Adjusting price of ThingDef:Apparel_Duster:Elephant_Leather:Excellent from 525.0 to 620.0
▲ Adjusting price of ThingDef:Vanya_ShieldBelt:Legendary from 6540.0 to 7900.0
▼ Adjusting price of ThingDef:BlocksSlate from 2.3 to 2.11
▲ Adjusting price of ThingDef:InsectJelly from 9.6 to 10.0
▲ Adjusting price of ThingDef:VG_FluEz from 26.0 to 28.0

Deonix

MechanoidHater

Hi. Sent one of my pawns to the GlitterWorld terminal and after a while the game hanged up and crashed.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]