[1.0][B19] GlitterWorld Prime - Online Marketplace

Started by TwistedSoul, November 09, 2017, 06:53:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwistedSoul

Hey Ikonic,

EDIT: After looking at the log again, I spotted that you are running A17, RimWorld 0.17.1557 rev1153.

Maybe you uploaded the wrong log? But if not, Alpha 17 is not supported any more,

Only B18, 19 and U1 are supported.

A17 required too many changes for me to backport and didn't seem worthwhile.

[Original Post]
I've looked over the log, but I don't see GlitterWorld Prime starting or performing any actions in it.

Are you sure it's loaded and have you followed the How do I use it? guide?

Requirements (Per map)

• Microelectronic basics researched.
  • Build the GlitterWorld Prime console and Uplink found under the Misc category.
  • Have at least one orbital trade beacon.
  • The beacon and console must be powered.
  • There must be unroofed tiles near the beacon.
  • Have items in a stock pile in the range the beacon.
  • Have at least 300 silver for first transaction.

Ikonic

That was an old log from a different version; apparently, B18 uses a different logging location.  I'm running 0.18.1722.  I'm sure I have GlitterWorld Prime loaded and all the requirements done.  I am able to trade other items, just not the ones I listed.

Here's the correct output log.

[attachment deleted due to age]

TwistedSoul

New version uploaded for 1.0

Links in the first post and updated on Steam workshop.

Should fix compatibility with the "Story Framework" mod and any mods that depended on it like RimHammer.

brneight

Hi. I am running Rimworld 1.0.2059 with the latest version of Glitterworld Prime and whenever I use the console I get the message: GlitterWorld Prime Unavailable. I have followed the How do I use it? guide and it still doesn't work.

CeriseLucille

I am having this problem as well, I did a fresh reinstall and tried it on vanilla no mods thinking it might be a compatibility issue. But I'm getting the same message, is the servers offline>?

TwistedSoul

If you look in the game log and it says forbidden it's because you have been banned.

Are you using a legitimate copy of the game with a non- cracked steam client?

If the error is not forbidden please send me your game log and list of mods.

TwistedSoul

More information has come to light,

If you downloaded your game from anywhere other than SendOwl (Ludeon's digital distributor) or Steam e.g. "IGG-Games"

Please don't ask to be unbanned here, on the issue tracker or on the Discord server.

It simply won't happen. Buy the game legitimately.

Jdalt40

Hey TwistedSoul, how exactly does your new system work for banning individuals? And will this have any chance of error? For example, banning users that have loaded the game outside of Steam, even though they have bought it legitimately.

And will bans be extended to any other activities in the mod?

TwistedSoul

So normally users all have a unique ID. Based on their steam ID or one that I randomly generated and assigned on their first use of GWP. So even people who play the DRM free version will be absolutely fine. Normally, a single ID ban only prevents a single person from playing but when people account share or get cracked versions they all have the same ID which is handy for me actually :)

Liberum Finis

That's pretty clever, I wonder if that's something that could be applied to other mods. Or perhaps it's just a server thing perhaps? On another note, if someone had happened to pirate the game, if they did buy the game through Steam, or through a DRM-free version, would they be given a new ID, therefore allowing them to still use GWP?

TwistedSoul

Yeah, If they do buy the game through steam, It'll use the Steam ID from their account like it should, and if they buy the DRM-Free version, so long as they install it to a different folder it'll have a new ID assigned to it. That is unless they abuse the market and get banned again ;)

Liberum Finis

How exactly could one abuse the marketplace? This probably isn't the best place to ask it because that probably gives trolls ideas, unless you mean in a sense of say, pirating the game. If that's not what you mean though, it doesn't seem as though you can really do much besides buy items and sell items to exchange for silver. Knowing that Glitterworld Prime is run through a server, is there an actual limit to how much silver Glitterworld Prime actually has? Could someone potentially buy out all the silver that Glitterworld Prime has to offer? Or am I just overthinking the subject?

Axon

I keep getting unavailable?. How do I find out if the server is down or up?.

TwistedSoul

Hi Axon,

Please can you attach your game log output?

The server has been up without issues for over 60 days.

I have 24x7 monitoring on it but I will be putting a status page up soon.

Kamerow