[1.0][B19] GlitterWorld Prime - Online Marketplace

Started by TwistedSoul, November 09, 2017, 06:53:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanRim

First time seeing this, still not understanding what it is. Basically an open auction house for all rimworld players? Thats cool. Thats epic. Now if Phi could be continued and linked with that, we could say RimWorld has gone multiplayer.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

evilbob

would you be able to add an option so  I can  see everything I can sell on my base. because after a big raider it takes a lot of time to sell things

S1lverw0lf

evilbob

TwistedSoul

@evilbob
There are screenshots available on the Wiki page.

@RyanRim
Yes, that's exactly what it is. People can sell their goods to GWP and others can buy from GWP.
Prices are determined by supply and demand.

@MechanoidHater
I'm not sure why your game crashed. The GlitterWorld data download succeeded and finished parsing all the items.
Maybe your computer ran out of RAM due to the huge inventory in GWP.
Also I noticed that your game save has a lot of errors in it when it was being loaded. Could be related to that.
All I can say is that it probably wasn't GWP that caused the crash as all my code has error trapping.

TwistedSoul

Update: 2018-01-18, Builds d0dc97bc , e553ea72

Warning
The server will disallow accessing the market with builds older than d0dc97bc [A17] and e553ea72 [B18] in 3 days.

Please upgrade as soon as possible.

Major Changes:

• A "subscription" is now required, it costs 300 silver per Quadrum (15 in-game days).
  • Default Thing Filter is now Food to speed up opening trade dialog.
  • Items should now be returned to the user if the trade fails to complete with the server for some reason
  • Some items that could be sold could not be bought back, should now be fixed.
Other Changes:

• Change: Updated code and API version numbers.
  • Change: POST to PUT type request on SetSubscriptionData
  • Change: Rename GlitterWorld_Colony to something more appropriate.
  • Change: Reduced debug log output a little bit.
  • Change: Removed duplicate error messages from Dialog_PrimeGetData.
  • Fixed: Prevent two popup windows from being shown when Negotiator is in bad health.
  • Fixed: Improved opening speed of Trade Dialog.
  • Fixed: Window Position and Size of Dialog_PrimeGetData.
  • Fixed: A17 does not support GZIP decompression, added preprocessor directive to disable.

Canute

Not me and i don't know why,
but i know many people still playing A17.
Maybe setup a A17 only server ?

TwistedSoul

Hi Canute,

A17 is still supported but they will need to update to the latest version of the mod for continued access that's all.

I'm trying to keep backwards compatibility for as long as I can, but I might end support in say 6 months from now.

Setting up another server would be too expensive, it's costing me upwards of $30 a month already.

Canute

Doh, i though you host these server at home.
Maybe place some comercial at the client to cover the server cost ! :-)
Or let the client mine bitcoins, Rimworld only use 1 core, the others should be free for this ! :)

TwistedSoul

Hahaha, If only this were allowed, Ludeon specifically states that mods are not allowed to display advertisements or force people to pay.

QuoteYou may not advertise for donations within your Mods themselves.
Your Mods must be distributed for free, period.
Neither you, nor any other person or party, may sell them to anyone, commercially exploit them in any way, or charge anyone for receiving or using them without prior written consent from Ludeon.
Commercial exploitation includes but is not limited to in-game advertising, other advertising or marketing for any company, product or service.

They didn't say anything about mining though  ;D ;D

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Canute on January 18, 2018, 07:02:00 AM
Or let the client mine bitcoins, Rimworld only use 1 core, the others should be free for this ! :)

What an interesting idea, if at even possible. How easily could a mod author hide a miner in their mod, and someone like me who has pretty much no idea what they are doing, not be able to tell?

TwistedSoul

New builds released:

2018-01-24, Builds dc9521c0, 2eb1a433

• Fix: "Tried to make non-Stockable thing for trader stock" now resolved.

TwistedSoul

2018-01-30, Builds 4c4322c1, 9776ad5b
  • Fix: Issue #20, Remove all calls to StockGeneratorUtility.TryMakeForStockSingle.
  • Fix: Issue #19, Prompts to resubscribe every attempt to use the Prime Console.
  • Fix: Issue #18, NullReferenceException when creating non-stockable items during delivery.
  • Change: Bumped API version to 2.42 and assembly version to 2.1.42.17/18.
  • Change: Added some additional debug logging.
  • Change: Added new function CreateThing in Utilities to simply and centralise spawning Things.

top_hat_tomato

I'm having a bug that I wasn't experiencing earlier. When I try to purchace items, the silver is removed but I don't receive any items and I can acess the terminal immediatly after. Here are my logs : https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/2a46d9b1f560041dba1ce46460066f66 It starts at line 465.

The main error seems to be :
Exception filling window for Glitterworld_Prime.Dialog_PrimeTrade: System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[GlitterWorld_Item] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Glitterworld_Prime.ITrader_PrimeTrader.GiveSoldThingToTrader (Verse.Thing toGive, Int32 countToGive, Verse.Pawn playerNegotiator) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Tradeable.<ResolveTrade>m__0 (Verse.Thing thing, Int32 countToTransfer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.TransferableUtility.TransferNoSplit (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 things, Int32 count, System.Action`2 transfer, Boolean removeIfTakingEntireThing, Boolean errorIfNotEnoughThings) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Tradeable.ResolveTrade () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.TradeDeal.TryExecute (System.Boolean& actuallyTraded) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Glitterworld_Prime.Dialog_PrimeTrade.<DoWindowContents>b__13_3 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Glitterworld_Prime.Dialog_PrimeTrade.DoWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

RimWorld.Tradeable(, countToDrop=-1) is bugged. There will be no more logs about this.

Thanks in advance.

DestroyX

Just wanna reply to say i also have that issue.

Could kinda track it down to selling apperal.
Whenever i tried to sold some, it threw me a similar error message, i couldnt click accept (if i did, nothing happened), and when i went out of the menu to close it, it gave me the message in the console that the silver was taken, but then an error occured