Do colour lamps have any gameplay effect?

Started by Mutineer, November 09, 2017, 12:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mutineer

Do they somehow increase the beauty of the room? I did not notice, they do not seem to increase the beauty of any ties.

So, do they have any gameplay effect or pure cosmetics?

JimmyAgnt007

Nope, though id prefer it if they were all just one lamp and worked with a colour slider.

freemapa

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on November 09, 2017, 12:18:02 PM
Nope, though id prefer it if they were all just one lamp and worked with a colour slider.
+1

grrizo

Definetely
Lavish meal, now with extra Yorkshire terrier meat.

Toast

They should also not need to be researched given that they have no gameplay effect, and calling a piece of cellophane over a bulb a "technology" is rather silly.

Kiame

...id prefer it if they were all just one lamp and worked with a colour slider.

Sounds like an easy enough mod to make. Let me take a look...

corestandeven

Great. Should be in vanilla imo, but your mod does the job!

Chestergazi

Only for Decoration of your Colony. No one gets impresed, it not gives beuty.
So.. only for Player's eye of detail.

Mutineer

What my suggestion would be for gameplay effect is to partially hide dirt. Something like +6 to tie if beauty negative, but ties cannot be modified to be more -1. So, -1 tie stay -1, -13 ties becoming -7.

corestandeven

My experience in my house in real life is that bright lights do not hide dirt, but make it more obvious :). The slight positive buffs for lamps should come at night. In fact isnt there a mood buff for not sleeping in a dark room already?

gipothegip

Quote from: corestandeven on November 12, 2017, 10:38:30 AM
My experience in my house in real life is that bright lights do not hide dirt, but make it more obvious :). The slight positive buffs for lamps should come at night. In fact isnt there a mood buff for not sleeping in a dark room already?

Nope. They do get unhappy if they're awake in the dark for prolonged periods, but they don't care whether there's light while they sleep.
Should I feel bad that nearly half my posts are in the off topic section?

Mutineer

Quote from: corestandeven on November 12, 2017, 10:38:30 AM
We are talking about colour light, not bright white light. I do not believe you have colour light in your house.

Wanderer_joins

But they have a gameplay effect, though negative. The area brightly lit by a colour lamp is smaller than the area britghtly lit by a normal lamp.

Flowers needs 30% light level and in A18, pawns have a movement penalty in the dark.