your most memorable colony wipe outs.

Started by crazyroosterman, November 10, 2017, 05:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canaris

Definetly my most memorable wipe :

Running Rimworld with some mods - Zombie lande, CE, Fashionrimsta, glittertech, tribal essentials, EPOE, RT weapon pack, Star Wars, Starship Troopers, MISC, Hygiene, Hospitality, Psychology, Prison labour, WH40K weapons and few more.

Custom scenario.
7 tribals, 7 spears, herbal medicine and pemmican, 2 huskies, 2 alpacas, 4 chickens.
I do not min max starting colonists outside of ensuring that they all can do pretty much everything ( so no empaths, no people who refuse dumb labour etc ) but i get lucky and i roll one with Adeptus Mechanicus trait that gives some hefty bonuses.
Start the game on mountanious arid shrubland with river, deep within mountain chain, faaar from the nearest Empire settlement.
Another lucky thing - i roll two chickens and two roosters - nice i think, another source of food.
Feeling lucky i name my colony Death Valley.... aaaaaaand shit gets Rimworld.

Chickens go first - one gets bitten to death by roaming timberwolf, second wanders around dying boomalope, two last get killed by some raiders firing all over the place.
Guy called Red dies next - to a raider armed with MGL-32 grenade launcher.
Quara bleeds out while being rushed to hospital after she almost killed herself hunting with said MGL launcher.
Wandering rhino shatters the girl called Aquilla's jaw - turns out even loaded with hollow point bullets, Beretta M92F is too weak to stand against rhinos.
Im starting to run out of food so Purple - the Mechanicus, takes two alpacas, every item i had that was worth a shit and tries to make a run to nearest settlement to buy food. He dies of hunger.
Husky gives birth to TWINS and im already running out of food.
Makeb dies from heatstroke in hospital - again, tribal start = no coolers worth a damn.
Black suffers THREE headshots, somehow survives but gets kidnapped by pirates.
Aquilla hauls ass - she packs every item of food she can, TAR 21 assault rifle, knife, ammo and said MGL 32 and she leaves.
Because of that, Zinca dies from the combination of extreme malnutrition and another heatstroke while in hospital bed.
Cucumber, captured twilek also dies in her cell. Both of them end up eaten by our roaming huskies but that doesnt help Rex and she misscaries from starvation.

Aquilla manages to reach tropical forest biome ( albeit flat one ) with both road and river.
Combination of hunger, friends dying and pain from the injuries makes her wander in daze.
She gets too close to a wandering jaguar and gets her head torn off.... THE END.

That was some serious Dwarf Fortress shit right there - at the end there was vomit, blood and scaterred equipment all over the place. I canibalized friends and foes alike but that didnt help... some of my guys ate raw corpses.. Dark as fuck...

Oh well, losing is fun after all.
Phoneposter - typos will happen.