Notepad that lets you see your last play through ideas

Started by BurntBraai, November 19, 2017, 01:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BurntBraai

Everytime i play Rimworld and i create a new colony it is always different from the last one, but every session i have playing Rimworld i have ideas and plans on what i want to do for my colony but when i stop playing and then log back on i forgot what i did last and i sit there for 2 minutes looking at my colony thinking about what i was doing and 20% i remember what i wanted, so could we please have a notepad button or something somewhere on the screen where we can take down notes for that colony; notes could be about what you had planned on doing or who you have dedicated to do a certain task or what you wanted to do with a certain prisoner. And i know i can do this on a piece of paper but an in game notepad is more convenient

Penguinmanereikel

So what you're asking for is a log book that tracks events.

Emulsion

+1!

I'd really like being able to take notes and also write kind of a journal. It'd be great for remembering things and also for roleplaying reasons, I really like imagining my pawns writing diaries with their thoughts on specific events and such..

There's a mod called "Signs and Memorials" with which you can do this kind of things. It hasn't been updated to B18 yet and I don't know if/when it will but I really would like this feature being implemented in vanilla in one or another way.

JimJammer89

This ia a good idea, but in the mean time I recomend getting a note book, making a Word/Google, etc.
Quote from: TitaniumTurtle on August 31, 2015, 11:57:18 AM
Who needs a force field when you can have a chicken field?

Meretrix

I would use this.  I think this is a great idea too.  Shouldn't be too hard to do.

Dingo

Interesting idea. You think a layout like my Archiver would work for this? Obviously with a lot of functionality changes.

asanbr

+1 I have had the same idea but not bothered to post it.

went by with paper (would more easily lose notes on my computer than physical ones  ::) )