[Mod Request] Alternative abandon colony/transform into autonomous settlement

Started by Darkfirephoenix, November 11, 2017, 05:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkfirephoenix

It bothers me that we just completely abandon a colony site. ESPECIALLY if we have to leave good stuff/people behind. My idea is to give the option to instead make the colony autonomous, so it acts like any other settlement/base of a faction, YOUR faction in this case.

Your own settlements may come in multiple sizes/classes depending on what amount of wealth/people you left behind. The smaller size may struggle to stay alive and request your help (like a delivery or destroying a enemy outpost). If you help em they may grow faster/if you don't help em they sustain damage (up to getting completely destroyed).
The settlements would grow slowly overtime on their own, depending on the size they are already and will grow faster the bigger they are (the time when you are a small settlement is the most dangerous because many things could kill you/set you back, but once you have redundancy you will survive most of the time)
Once they have a certain size they may send supply caravans/people to help you, like "call" from em asking what you would like/need or if you want a new colonist. This help would maybe only happen once or twice per year determined by the size and amount of settlements your faction owns (they would all throw stuff together, so you wouldn't get a supply offer from every single settlement your faction owns).
Settlements BELOW the "stable" size would substract from the overall offer because they also would get deliveries to help them. (tho you would get em regardless of your settlement size if you want, as you are the "leader/s" of the faction)

Regardles of size they would send trading caravans.

I would be happy about any other ideas. Also: This idea is avaible for "claiming", any mod author that likes this idea jsut ask me! :D