[Mod Request] Rimworld's Bizarre Adventure

Started by Racerboy, November 14, 2017, 07:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Racerboy

Initially I would expect such an idea to be very far fetched, but seeing the fantasy of werewolves and vampires coming to the rim, as well as the blood bond mod that shares damage between two pawns, the idea of it became more probable. Believe me, I would love to do this myself but my total inexperience in modding would produce something not befitting of the goal. While the project itself is too ambitious for my own skill, it could be something along the lines of just spawning a temporary colonist to punch things quickly. If anybody chooses to take up the offer on this one, the potential for greatness in it entirely depends on your skill capabilities as a modder.
Since I've barely even mentioned stands, the world, etc. jojokes;

ZA WARUDO
WRYYYYYYYYYYYYY
ROAD ROLLER DA
MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA

Canute

dburgdorf

Quote from: Canute on November 15, 2017, 04:07:49 AMNot sure what you want.

Googling "bizarre adventure" led me to a manga titled "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure," which I assume is what Racerboy is referencing, but yeah, his post is rather lacking in any sort of detail regarding what he would actually want in the mod he's requesting....
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

TrashMan

Quote from: dburgdorf on November 15, 2017, 10:07:21 AM

Googling "bizarre adventure" led me to a manga titled "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure," which I assume is what Racerboy is referencing, but yeah, his post is rather lacking in any sort of detail regarding what he would actually want in the mod he's requesting....

He's a fanboy that wants others to make an entire mod for the manga/anime.
Since that entire anime/manga contains copious amoutns of bullshit powers (stopping time, invading dreams, precognition, etc..) and posing, the amount of coding work it would require would be massive.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: TrashMan on November 17, 2017, 07:02:28 AM
Quote from: dburgdorf on November 15, 2017, 10:07:21 AM

Since that entire anime/manga contains copious amoutns of bullshit powers (stopping time, invading dreams, precognition, etc..) and posing, the amount of coding work it would require would be massive.

Posing could become a joy activity  ;D
Or increase warmup for attacks by a few ingame hours.

All the programming put aside .. a Anime Trope Mod sounds like real fun.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Racerboy

Now, I am not saying it has to be anything crazy and impossible like that. All I am really asking for is punch ghosts. All the wacky crap can be left out. While I do admit I worded this pretty badly, I didn't think it would be misinterpreted this badly. Something that would simply spawn a temporary pawn to punch things quickly would be perfect. Sorry, I don't want to ask for much, but I wouldn't want to let down people who might share the interest by releasing crap.

DiamondBorne

We must first talk about Rimworld's capablity to anchor one NPC/entity/actor to another if you want to bring in the [Stand] system.

[Stand] is basically a punchghost. One person can have only one Stand as it is a reflection of the person's soul. But they can have multiple abilities and evolution states, also depending on their willpower (evil and ambitious peoples tends to have multiple dangerous abilities). Another rules about Stand includes:
Stand can only be touch or hit by another Stand or psychic/magic infused attack, so gun won't hit a Stand but a Stand possessing or in a shape of a gun could. Stand themselves can interact with anything though. In one instance, it has been shown to phase its hand through an owner's chest and temporary STOP the heart by hold it tight to trick an antagonist, then quickly pump it up afterward.
If a Stand gets damaged, the damage transferred to the owner and likewise. If Stand outrightly dies, the owner dies as well.
Stand can have varied range, Physically powerful Stand almost universally have 2-4 meters range to compensate. Some weaker, non-combat or non-physically imposing Stand can be [remote controlled] up to several city blocks. Curse Stand or Stupid final boss Stand can have universal or multiversal range. Note that Short range Stand and Stand user can creatively remove this limit. For example, if a Stand can punch with a speed of light and hard enough to blow through a steel ship hull then he can technically pick up a brick and kill peoples from across the river as well.

Game mechanic-wise, the closest thing my non-mod savvy brain could comprehend is to adapt the drone and charger system from Miscellaneous Robots Mod (i think that's the name) With Stand act as an automate drone but instead of go back to the charger panel, a designate Stand user (owner) will be the charger panel themselves. Then applied Jecrell's Force/Vampire/Werewolves upgrade mechanic for your SUTANDO POWAH!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raLUCyD78d0

Racerboy

Quote from: DiamondBorne on November 18, 2017, 03:30:49 AM

Game mechanic-wise, the closest thing my non-mod savvy brain could comprehend is to adapt the drone and charger system from Miscellaneous Robots Mod (i think that's the name) With Stand act as an automate drone but instead of go back to the charger panel, a designate Stand user (owner) will be the charger panel themselves. Then applied Jecrell's Force/Vampire/Werewolves upgrade mechanic for your SUTANDO POWAH!!

The force mod does actually produce something quite similar to a stand, what with the force ghost. The reason I even imagined that it could be do-able is because if somebody can make a system such that the force ghost thing is a constant but instead of you getting new abilities with the experience points, your ghost got new abilities.