Nazi game setup

Started by GOOSEpk, November 13, 2017, 04:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOOSEpk

I know maybe some people will get offended but I love World War II and not the Nazis but I have a fascination with the war and the fighting on the storming of Normandy, etc. So I was thinking of a playthrough that I'm gonna try, and I would like to see if others would like it.

The concept is that you play as the Nazis and not the Allied forces since almost all fighting occurred on Nazi-occupied land. You start as a single rich explorer. Must be a white male. (Most of this will be racist because Nazis...) I won't be using turrets and will keep the first survivor alive and if he dies, I lose. I will only recruit people that meet Hitler's aryan race standards. Not that I am racist or don't like using diversity but because it makes challenge and accuracy historically. I also want a prison labor mod and I use a18, can't find any for it...

grrizo

Hmm. You'll need to start your first invation to the nearest outlander base with a false flag assault on your pawns. Then proceed to search and kill of all the traders to steal their gold and hide it inside your castle, I mean, base.

But seriously, it's an interesting roleplay, and it should be fun regardless any kind of pollitical alignment that people could have. In fact, I have quite the opposite pollitical preferences and still I would have fun with it.
I once did a monarchy based one, with the King and Queen just wandering on the pretty places of the base without doing any job at all. I think that would work for yours too.

Having said this, I don't recommend you to use the Rich Explorer mode. Your "leader" will need only high social abilities and alternatively some shooting, melee, research and/or art. You need soldiers and grunts to do the tasks. So, probably you'll need Prepare Carefully mod to tweak every aspect of your pawns to achieve all this.
Lavish meal, now with extra Yorkshire terrier meat.

Lightzy

Yeah you gotta make a hitler character with prepare carefully mod. I wonder what stats you'd give hitler tho.
Probably hugely high charisma and lots of health problems. Would be a difficult start for sure.

Sirportalez

QuoteYour "leader" will need only high social abilities and alternatively some shooting, melee, research and/or art.

No, in Art he needs to be very bad.

GOOSEpk

very true. Hitler was kicked out of art school in his early years. He should also have low combat since he wasn't allowed into the German army due to his incapability to wield a gun. Too weak. But are there any other mods you guys would recommend? I'll probably go back to a17 for this so I can have mods...

gipothegip

Quote from: GOOSEpk on November 13, 2017, 06:12:16 PM
very true. Hitler was kicked out of art school in his early years. He should also have low combat since he wasn't allowed into the German army due to his incapability to wield a gun. Too weak. But are there any other mods you guys would recommend? I'll probably go back to a17 for this so I can have mods...

TIL

I had to look that up, because he did serve in the Bavarian Army during World War I.

I didn't know he failed the physical exam for the Austrian Army, however.
Should I feel bad that nearly half my posts are in the off topic section?

grrizo

Quote from: GOOSEpk on November 13, 2017, 06:12:16 PM
I have Prepare Carefully in the unstable A18 with no problems. The guy making it is constantly updating it, he's cool.
Lavish meal, now with extra Yorkshire terrier meat.

Headshotkill

Using mods you should make a starting team of 10 people, of which 4 SS guards and the remaining six you arrest once you have a prison, after that you expand the prison (camp) using prison labor mod, oh and don't forget the gas trap and mass graves mod.

You should give yourself a lot of goodies to start with like weapons and material.

Dargaron

Quote from: GOOSEpk on November 13, 2017, 04:07:23 PM

The concept is that you play as the Nazis and not the Allied forces since almost all fighting occurred on Nazi-occupied land. You start as a single rich explorer. Must be a white male. (Most of this will be racist because Nazis...) I won't be using turrets and will keep the first survivor alive and if he dies, I lose. I will only recruit people that meet Hitler's aryan race standards. Not that I am racist or don't like using diversity but because it makes challenge and accuracy historically. I also want a prison labor mod and I use a18, can't find any for it...

If you're doing that for greater challenge, more power to you.

If you're doing it for "authenticity," don't. There's a reason the D-Day landings are oft-memorialized in Western war media: partly due to the inherent difficulties in launching an amphibious assault, but also due to the intensive fortification projects undertaken along the north-western European coast between 1940-42. The machine gun emplacement was an important symbol of both World Wars, and while automated turrets were (obviously) beyond the capacities of any WWII nation, it'd be better (IMHO) to have anachronistically-advanced turrets as opposed to no turrets at all.

SpaceDorf

There are so many mg nest mods .. this should be the least of Spitlers ( Space Hitler ) problems ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Dargaron

Quote from: SpaceDorf on November 17, 2017, 03:09:08 AM
There are so many mg nest mods .. this should be the least of Spitlers ( Space Hitler ) problems ..

Any suggestions? I tend to use traps, mostly, but some unpowered turrets would be nice (since I usually have few colonists, an exploding turret is really bad).

Are you thinking of More Vanilla Turrets?

SpaceDorf

for once.

Misc. Stuff from Haplo includes Turret bases for guns which can either be manned or automated after research.

Rimsenal Security Addon has a MMG, HMG and Grenade Launcher nest.

Maybe the WWII weapons mod has something similiar.

Robb

Didn't he earn an Iron Cross for bravery out in the trenches as a messenger? I could Google but I'm lazy. So Fast Walker or Jogger might be one of his traits. And while he was not accepted to Art School he was a decent artist...maybe have a passion for Artistic.

Also he has to have a deep hatred for one of the factions and tries to exterminate it from existence on the map. But not the Pirate faction...pretend they're the Allies sending raids. Wolves would be great as pets as he seemed to have a fondness for them (Wolf's Lair anyone) Maybe even name your settlement that.

Would be cool if you could incorporate a Blitzkrieg type attack for your combatants.

Interesting scenario and while he is one of the most despicable people ever, he is also fascinating in a morbid way. Heck Time magazine made him Man of the Year in 1938 (I think). I'm a bit of a WWII nerd/geek too. Hopefully you write a story on this and post as I would be interested in reading how it went.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Robb on November 20, 2017, 06:56:19 AM
Didn't he earn an Iron Cross for bravery out in the trenches as a messenger? I could Google but I'm lazy. So Fast Walker or Jogger might be one of his traits. And while he was not accepted to Art School he was a decent artist...maybe have a passion for Artistic.

Twice Actually. Iron Cross class I and II, also the equivalent of a Purple Heart.
( I googled  :D )

==== EDIT ====

One carefully prepared Fuehrer  ;D

And current modlist ..

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Sirportalez

He wasn't a good artist. Look at his pictures, he was truly bad at it.