Nazi game setup

Started by GOOSEpk, November 13, 2017, 04:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

He made a living by copying pictures and postcards for a few years, until someone told the authorities that he wasn't a trained painter and was misusing the title.

So maybe his own Art sucked, but he was good at copy and paste.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Dargaron

So, low starting Art (at a relatively high age) and passion? Darn it, now I wish passion was named, like, "aptitude" or something, since it implies a greater learning capacity that "passion" doesn't necessarily entail (e.g. you can be passionate about something, but truly suck at it: like me and modding)

Quote from: SpaceDorf on November 20, 2017, 04:41:12 AM
for once.

Misc. Stuff from Haplo includes Turret bases for guns which can either be manned or automated after research.

Rimsenal Security Addon has a MMG, HMG and Grenade Launcher nest.

Maybe the WWII weapons mod has something similiar.

Thanks! I grabbed the Rimsenal mod. I didn't realize there was such an elaborate weapons mod collection around.

OFWG

First I want to say I've been watching this thread for a while waiting for the inevitable Godwin's meltdown. Bravo to the forum for not going down that path!

On topic, I don't remember if there's a vanilla trait for these, but (somewhat bizarrely) AH was a vegetarian and an animal lover.

He should probably also be at least Chemical Interest, if not Fascination. At various times in his life he was addicted to cigarettes or amphetamines, used 90+ prescription meds, and drank beer and wine 'privately'. As a former smoker myself, I'd guess that quitting cigarettes without modern assistance MAY also make him Iron Willed.
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

Snafu_RW

IIRC he was an alcohol teetolaller, like Rommel & Monty, but I may well be wrong (haven't bothered to check)
Dom 8-)

Harold3456

@GoosePK

I've done similar things, with various races (the first game of Rimworld I ever played on A11 was an all-black pawn game. I don't remember why XD ). Don't worry about "racist" or "sexist" ideas to vary up gameplay - what matters is whether you're actually racist or sexist at heart, and I've personally considered doing "X Race Only" playthroughs, or "All-Woman Amazon Playthroughs" before. Still working up the strength for the "65+" playthrough.

sadpickle

I honestly don't think he was a bad artist, just looking at some of his paintings. I mean, he's not GREAT but he's on the level of say, Bob Ross. Of course art critics hate Bob Ross (and by extension, Hitler).

I take with a heavy grain of salt all ivory tower criticism. Art and music critics are among the worst.

If anyone is curious, they can be seen here: http://www.bytwerk.com/gpa/hitlerpaintings.htm

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Snafu_RW on November 20, 2017, 06:19:38 PM
IIRC he was an alcohol teetolaller, like Rommel & Monty, but I may well be wrong (haven't bothered to check)

The German Wiki Page says Hitler was Vegetarian out of conviction ( which says everything there is to say in my oppinion ;D ) and abstained from common drugs like alcohol.
But was later on several drugs for medical reasons ..

Thats why I decided against giving him the chemical interest trait.

Eldoran89

Never thought i would defend hitler but if you really think he was a bad artist i would like to see pictures you made yourself. His art isnt great nor any special but it isnt bad either. I saw praised artist making worst looking pictures. I for once am not nearly as skilled of an arist as he was so i would never criticize him for that. But i would criticize him as an author; his book was truly awful.

mumblemumble

It would be interesting seeing a rimworld representation of the brown shirts vs red shirts, and the chaos, rampet drug use, far reaching prostitution and disparity that was a prequel to / catalyst for hitlers rise.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

OFWG

Quote from: SpaceDorf on November 21, 2017, 03:21:17 AM
Quote from: Snafu_RW on November 20, 2017, 06:19:38 PM

The German Wiki Page says Hitler was Vegetarian out of conviction ( which says everything there is to say in my oppinion ;D ) and abstained from common drugs like alcohol.
But was later on several drugs for medical reasons ..

Thats why I decided against giving him the chemical interest trait.

He was publicly a teetotaler but privately drank beer and wine. Source: wikipedia

In any case his massive use of other drugs (same source) makes him chemical interest, IMO.
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Eldoran89 on November 21, 2017, 11:21:48 AM
But i would criticize him as an author; his book was truly awful.

That one is still on my to-do list to read .. for some reasons it is really hard to get in Germany..