[B18] Rimstation13 (v0.967) Bringing SS13 to Rimworld

Started by Bendigeidfran, November 13, 2017, 05:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bendigeidfran

Rimstation 13

Rimstation 13 is a mod intended to replicate as best as possible the functionality and atmosphere of Spacestation 13 in Rimworld.

Discuss the mod, SS13 and Rimworld in the Discord here.

Spacestation 13 is a game in which the player takes the role of a crewman on a futuristic Plasma Research Station run by a corporation known as NanoTrasen. There are usually between 20 and 60 crewmembers onboard and each is controlled by a player with their own jobs to fulfill and responsibilities to the station, these vary from Security Officers to maintain order and Atmospherics Engineers to keep the fully simulated atmosphere inside the station from leaking out into space or catching fire and killing everyone. There are also Botanists to grow food and Chefs to cook it, Engineers to build and repair, Scientists to Science and Doctors to heal the myriad viruses and wounds that can be sustained as part of the complex health, body and chemistry systems. Throw in the fact that an unhealthy number of the crew are either incompetent or have been given various kinds of malicious tasks to complete and I'm sure you can all see the potential for catastrophic meltdown which can be easily equated to Rimworld's own sick brand of awesome.

Download
Google Drive (I don't have Dropbox): https://goo.gl/s75Pf9

Available On Steam

Done For Next Update:
Craftable weaponry. Destructive analyser and initial researches as the beginnings of a progression system. Asteroid creatures.

Patch Notes:

Changelog:
0.1: Added Floors
0.11: Fixed Issue with Floors being too dark
0.2: Added Normal and Reinforced Station Walls
0.3: Added Reinforced Windows
0.4: Added Wooden Tables, Metal Stools and Metal Chairs
0.5: Added Sound Effects and Lights
0.55: Added SMES, Item Descriptions/balancing, cleaned up some sprites.
0.6: Added Crematorium, Morgue, Clown Suit, Comfy Chair and Wooden Floor.
0.65: Added Sleeper Pod, Comms Console, Surgical Table and Space Heater.
0.7: Fixed bug with Surgical Table, Sounds should now work too. Also added Toolbox as a Melee Weapon and a Space floor tile for bonus effect.
0.75: Fixed Issue with Clown Suit on Hulk bodies, added Hydroponics Tables, small and big air Siphons(They function as coolers without vents) and growable Ambrosia Vulgaris along with a custom "stoned" modifier to go with it.
0.8: Added 17 Beds, 16 Doors, 6 Foods, working red cables, and integrated Itchyflea's Modular Tables mod to replace old tables with new dynamic tables(Existing old tables will be converted to stools and should be deleted.).
0.9: Added Vendors, Slot Machine, Arcade Machine, Portable Generator, Power Sink, Automated Turret, Bear Trap, Scrubber, Big Scrubber, Floor Vent + Scrubber, Shard Spear, Red + Blue Laser Sword, Fire Axe, Laser Pistol, Laser Rifle, Captain's Laser Pistol, Mateba, C20R SMG, Double Barrel Shotgun, Pump Shotgun, Combat Shotgun, some other stuff I may have forgotten, misc fixes and balance tweaks.
0.92: Added Space Carp, Corgis, Meat Spike, Microwave, Autolathe, Wheat, Bread, Sliced Bread, Grinder, Tweaked Wall and Door flammability and health.
0.93: Minor Update: Added categories to lower the number of objects in existing categories, fixed various bugs (wheat now grows in hydroponics for example) and also fixed compatibility issue with the Vegetable Gardens mod caused by both mods using the same def name for wheat, also something else I forgot.
0.94: The beginnings of a chemistry system, basic version of singularity generator (very simple, expect large revisions later on), SS13 bodies, hair and clothing have been added to replace vanilla. Object sizes have been standardised. Beginnings of a circuitry system.
0.95: The whole planet has been replaced with space and asteroids, all base machines are now minifiable, starting scenario added to help with getting started, all elements and chemicals have been added however they currently lack use and some of them are using a generic sprite. Added more shuttle pieces. Balanced some costs however there is still much balancing to be done.
0.96: Updated to B18, balanced many power/building costs, updated scenario, added circuit printing, circuits are now required for many constructions, print them using sulphuric acid and steel at the circuit imprinter. The scenario starts you with the basic circuitry you'll need to get started. Increased rate of space carp spawning, added weaponry to scenario.
0.965: Added around 80 new plants.
Added around 140 new chemicals(Most are using a generic coloured sprite for now, please submit a screenshot of a chemical in SS13 in the relevant discussion telling me what chemical it is so I can make it the appropriate colour).
Added Reagent Grinder, all plants may be ground up into their constituent chemical components.
Added Bio Generator, refines Nutriment into Biomass for use in producing eventually a number of things, for now just Milk, Cloth and Leather.
Misc Fixes & Tube lights can now grow hydroponics
0.967:The most notable features include: Lavaland as a new Biome plus Goliaths. The NanoTrasen Cargo Shuttle as a reliable way to gain resources and crew, the shuttle will appear roughly every 3 days using the new Captain Ian Storyteller! A custom Storyteller with a focus on large crew counts. The scenario now utilises a custom world condition enforcing the coldness of space consistently rather than the hacky old way of overlapping cold snaps. To compensate temperature buildings have had a large buff.

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Known Issues:
Slight desync between bodies, hair and clothing, there are so many variations that it would take forever to test, if you notice a severe desync please let me know which item of clothing and which body type are conflicting.

Numerous minor issues with crafting, some things may not be achievable yet with the current set of tools available. Please be patient and I will address these over time.

Charge bars appear over the top of SMES units and solar panels etc, this is due to the way Rimworld is coded and while it can almost certainly be fixed, I'm not proficient enough in C# to do it myself yet.

Occasionally a harmless error will be thrown when constructing many floors etc at the same time, I think this is because they have such a low cost the pawns try to construct them all at the same time which makes the game panic. It has no effect and can be ignored.#

Yes, Space Carp are currently just reskinned Cougars. I only added them as a tester, they will be overhauled when I take a proper look at adding creatures.

Mod Compatibility:
This mod is not made with compatibility in mind, most mods will not work and this is not something I intend to devote time to avoiding as the intention is to overhaul Rimworld to create Spacestation 13 as a singleplayer experience within Rimworld, not just add a couple of additional objects and textures.

License:

As I don't own the Art/Sound effects contained within (They're all freely available as part of the open source SS13 server package) I obviously can't stop anyone from using them so go nuts. I doubt it'd fit within a modpack but if this would work for yours please feel free, just let me know about it as I'd love to know where it was being used.

CookieWizard

Bendigeidfran

Thanks! I first made it back in A13 but stopped having time to work on it until now. Eventually I hope to have a space biome and EVA suits, oxygen will be difficult but has been modded before and was actually in some of the earliest alphas natively so it's an option eventually. Also I'm working on adding in the blob as an event. If there's anything else you'd like to see please let me know, otherwise I'll just plod along, there's so much potential in SS13.

ZE

WHOA blast from the past... BYOND expectations lol

too bad rimworld isnt multiplayer tho...

if it were, i'd like to live 'my life as a spy' or something

EldVarg

Canute

At the first look it looks very nice, so i even download and tryed it out.
And i didn't want to start a A17 game anymore.

But after i started i got a bit disapointed.
Pawns looks very crude (like 8bit grafics). And they start nearly naked (maybe a fault of prepare carefully).

No special starting scenario.
Pawn walk naked on "space" floor.

If you played Mars you maybe know what i mean.

Bendigeidfran

Quote from: Canute on November 14, 2017, 06:46:08 AM
At the first look it looks very nice, so i even download and tryed it out.
And i didn't want to start a A17 game anymore.

But after i started i got a bit disapointed.
Pawns looks very crude (like 8bit grafics). And they start nearly naked (maybe a fault of prepare carefully).

No special starting scenario.
Pawn walk naked on "space" floor.

If you played Mars you maybe know what i mean.

Hi and thanks for trying out the mod, it's intended as a faithful recreation of a game called Spacestation 13 rather than a whole new thing, that's why the sprites are so low resolution; they are taken directly from the game. As for why people can freely walk in space, that's because I am not proficient in C# and nor do I have much time to spare to learn. Everything that is available is described in this post and the images, I'm sorry it was not to your liking.

Bendigeidfran

Quote from: EldVarg on November 14, 2017, 05:09:51 AM
Looks really cool. How does the floors work?

Currently they work just like regular floors, atmospherics and such are not simulated, this is just overhauling the game to look and play a bit more like Spacestation 13. Eventually I hope to add basic atmospheric simulation but as I work full time that is a ways away.

Headshotkill

EldVarg

Quote from: Bendigeidfran on November 14, 2017, 12:07:59 PM
Currently they work just like regular floors, atmospherics and such are not simulated, this is just overhauling the game to look and play a bit more like Spacestation 13. Eventually I hope to add basic atmospheric simulation but as I work full time that is a ways away.

Ah somehow I thought you made it so you could have multiple levels of floors over each other - that you could switch the view between. Don't know why I thought that.

Bendigeidfran

I wish I was smart enough to do that! Perhaps I'll try some time.

Morrigi

Would it be possible to get a version without the modified bodies, for compatibility with other clothing mods?

Bendigeidfran

I started to make one when I realised how much work it would be to remove the clothing without removing the raiders spawning with SS13 guns so I've had to nuke that too. This is a version just for you without the clothing, bodies and changed enemy weapons: goo.gl/66hDnh Enjoy.

Fred104

Hello, i love your mod and the idea behind BUT i have some problems with it,

first, the paws, i love the effort you put in that but doing so invalidate any possible other mods to work with it AND remove any vanilla clothing to be used,

second, why would you overwritten most vanilla items? if you do a overhaul i understand but otherwise i would prefer and to me be more logical to keep them,

third the balance, i noticed the change of how the minerals work etc, and i am ok whit it i like it BUT be careful with the balance, lord singulo wield a shit ton of energy for such a small cost,

finally when i re-wrote your mod (il come to that in a second) i noticed a typing error you may wanna fix, on the three XML files in defs\thingdefs\chemicaldefs you forgot to close your entire code with a  </ThingDef> i did this a day or two ago so i don't remember exactly where but if use a program for coding such as bracket (its free and if you do use something similar and it look like i insult your intellect, sorry) it should show you which one didn't close properly in red, ANYWAY...

like i said up, i re-wrote the mod for myself and a few friends, fixed a few issue i had with it which are the pawns, the overwritten files and the mod incompatibility, do note the jumpsuit won't spawn but can still be crafted on the autolathe or be spawned with prepare carefully (if there is a mod collide sorry i have 113 mod and i have no issue) so il give the link for all to get, i hope you don't mind i did this (if you do f*** you then ;) (just kidding love you keep the good work)) and have a nice game, Praise Z0rg!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JgJjDVfgXhnHpD9XrkytQvIxAvk1QuhR

Edit : i forgot to mentioned, the size of certain item such as beds or chairs are to my opinion to be fixed but i have no idea how to do that, so good luck!