[a18] Apocalyptic Meteor Meltdown

Started by piranha, November 15, 2017, 07:40:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piranha

For those who think alpha 18 didn't add enough cool things, just try the following:

- Choose new game
- Add permanent condition: Flashstorm
- Add incident: Meteorite Impact, turn on repeat, interval 0.1
- Have fun!

I'm playing this game for years now, but never had so much fun keeping my pawns alive :)

The good thing: You'll have nearly unlimited resources
The bad thing: You'll need them!

Here is a little teaser how your beautiful map might look like after about 1 year..

Thanks to Tynan for adding this feature!

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Canute

Next time play on a plain area without hills/mountain to hide at ! :-)

piranha

I sure do ;)
Although the mountains are not as safe as they look. got a meteor hit inside the mountain at least 3 times, destroying my kitchen and work area... don't know if this was a bug though..

Limdood

Berownie

This instantly became my new favorite idea.

I'm rather excited about this and I might be a bit to emotional about it right now, but this should/could be a bigger, more fleshed out feature. Tynan really should look further into it.

There are many and creative things you could do with it.
for example a Infested Meteorite (Starship Troopers is greeting) or some kind of Seed Bomb for a quick way to put more plantlive out.

Love it. Thanks for the share. I should play a bit more with scenarios

piranha

I could also think of a whole new planet type.. like a disaster planet, with constant meteor showers, earthquakes, volcanos, lava instead of water, acid rain, etc..

Shifting difficulty from combat to environmental hazards.

JimmyAgnt007

This all is starting to sound like my Wild and Wacky Biomes thread.  Im glad we can finally mimic this stuff in the game.

Dashthechinchilla

This sounds like it's probably going to generate some of those challenges people do in between updates, like the ice sheet one.

lude

Quote from: piranha on November 15, 2017, 09:41:35 AM
I sure do ;)
Although the mountains are not as safe as they look. got a meteor hit inside the mountain at least 3 times, destroying my kitchen and work area... don't know if this was a bug though..
There's a button in the bottom right to show roof types, only build below thick rock roof.

doomdrvk

Interestingly you can type in the number you want in the dialog box and copy and paste it, I made a stupid scenario called OH GAWD METEORS, it has meteors fall every 0.01 of the day.