Upload your colony for the trailer

Started by ison, November 16, 2017, 11:37:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ison

Hello everybody,

we are making a trailer for RimWorld and we need your help. We would like to show some great, big colonies in the video so if you are interested, we would like you to upload the savefile of your colony in this thread.

Of course the more impressive the colony the better, however we would also like to see some big but not super-rich colonies, so if you have been playing for a while, it would be great if you could upload your colony!

It is important for the colony to be purely vanilla (no mods ever used) and from Alpha 18.

It is also important to note that uploading a colony in this thread or providing a link to download your colony means that you give us permission to use it in any way, including using it in the video and then using the video in any way. We would like everyone to write at least a short sentence that you agree to give us such permission.

Thanks!

Sola

Do you want the save, or just a screenshot?

What kind of resolution are you looking for?

Of course you have permission if I'm using content from your game, and posting it publicly on your forum, in a thread that's asking for this content explicitly for that purpose.
Two tiers of construction jobs.  One for expensive/quality items, and one for walls/floors/etc.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28669.0

JimmyAgnt007

What if the only thing we have tweaked is the power output of the ship reactors (and letting them be built under mountain) as well as the max pawns with story tellers?  Thats how I get my massive mountain fortresses.  Might be to rich of a colony either way though. 

ison

Quote from: Sola on November 16, 2017, 11:56:25 AM
Do you want the save, or just a screenshot?

We need the savefile so we can take multiple shots, sorry, I'll clarify it in the post.

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on November 16, 2017, 11:57:45 AM
What if the only thing we have tweaked is the power output of the ship reactors (and letting them be built under mountain) as well as the max pawns with story tellers?  Thats how I get my massive mountain fortresses.  Might be to rich of a colony either way though.

I think in this case it's ok. If there are no new non-vanilla objects and the savefile is loadable in vanilla then I think we can use such colonies.

Yoshida Keiji

Which is the time frame / time limit? As in how long are you going to wait us?

Diana Winters

PatrykSzczescie

Once I came back from playing after years I watched the last trailer. Everything was alright, especially switch between peace and fight, but there was an exception that bothered me: when I was seeing all these rectangular buildings then suddenly a star building, which made me impressed, but it looked more discouraging as it was overwhelming for me. I thought I wouldn't make such a great colony and end of story.

I've just watched the trailer once again and it didn't affect me as I have played and learned a lot about RimWorld mechanics, but trailers are directed to potential customers who haven't played RimWorld yet. I suggest removing the significant contrast in appearance of the buildings, of course, not refraining from mounting that much impressive buildings. This is just my opinion and advice, I'm not a professional, I'm not certain if I am right about what I have just said.

grrizo

Oh, my biggest one is... burning right now. How much time we get to upload it? Probably I could upload one of the newest that I have.
Lavish meal, now with extra Yorkshire terrier meat.

MikeLemmer

Quote from: grrizo on November 16, 2017, 05:10:30 PM
Oh, my biggest one is... burning right now. How much time we get to upload it? Probably I could upload one of the newest that I have.

A giant burning colony seems like a perfect example of RimWorld.

I suppose moderately-sized colonies won't fit the bill?

Snafu_RW

Define 'size': Spread-out colony taking up a load of site map? Highly developed? Scores of pawns? Biggest map? Lots of scattered (populated) colonies across the world?.. etc etc

The first option above should preclude walled-off settlements on tiny map size no matter how awesome they are, but that's just my opinion..
Dom 8-)

ison

We're trying to shoot the video as soon as possible, so it would be great if we could finish it by Monday. The A18 hasn't even been released yet, but we're hoping to get some savefiles from the unstable build.

@PatrykSzczescie: makes sense, thanks for the feedback. I think we'll mostly focus on real, mediocre colonies, with only a few shots from super-bases.

Quote from: MikeLemmer on November 16, 2017, 05:39:26 PM
I suppose moderately-sized colonies won't fit the bill?

I think it will! We're not sure yet which shots we'll use for the final video though, there are extra points for using less common biomes!

Quote from: Snafu_RW on November 16, 2017, 06:01:08 PM
Define 'size'

They don't have to be huge, mediocre 1-year colonies are also fine. We're mostly looking for variety so we can show multiple bases in different biomes.

RemingtonRyder

b4d

Mehni

I give Ludeon permission to use these savefiles in any way, including using it in the video and then using the video in any way.  If the devs happen to have older versions of these colonies, they are free to use those too.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gv5uzj8ty5hscex/Growth%27s_Valley.zip?dl=1 Growth's Valley is a late-game colony in the jungle swamp.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p20bkdh21874zte/Red_Forest.zip?dl=1 Red Forest is a perpetually starving mid-game tribal colony in boreal forest.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wgpsv99ef3var35/Uncle%27s_Desert.7z?dl=1 Uncle's Desert is a mountain ice sheet colony, building the ship.

Kyromoo

First time using dropbox properly, so hopefully I set this up right...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tblc2ixsnoylgec/Carpenter%27s%20Stream.rws?dl=0

This is my second colony I've made since starting the game., built on a Boreal Forest / Large Hills tile. It's in its 7th year, currently in the process of expanding outer walls and a marsh-draining operation. Had a pretty rough start, but it's been in full stride for a while now. Also includes a poor brain-damaged arctic wolf with the unfortunate name of Stupid. The brain damage came after the name.

Edit: You have my full permission to use this colony any way you see fit.