Senio

A15 Waiting ...
A16 Waiting ...
A17 Waiting ...
A18 Still not yet?
Hope like Craft The World, add a dlc to support multiplayer
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Kraehe

To be honest, i hope it will never get multiplayer. So that the devs have more time for new content.

gipothegip

From the "Frequent Suggestions" thread

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN
Multiplayer <Tynan said, "probably never"
Z-levels (this includes battlements, towers, trenches, tunnels, and other pseudo Z-level stuff)
Extra playable races/aliens/trans-animals/robots/droids <There are no aliens in the lore, anything else is 'almost certainly' a NO
Fog of War and Here <kinda happens with uncovered areas but just doesn't work right for the rest of the time.
Post-Rimworld Space Travel (Playing as the ship you launch, taking off to crash/land on another map) <Stasis simulator, there are easier ways to get a new map.
Guards and patrols.  People who stay drafted and unproductive just in case something happens. <Unless stealth becomes a thing, there just isn't a point to it.
Containers for items, racks and such.Links here
Organ and Bionic removal after death.
Aliens < the LORE is clearly against this and Tynan has stated it many times.

At the least, given the "probably", I'd bet it isn't planned. Maybe towards the end, or post development if it does happen; I don't think we can count on it.

If I had the actual quote from Tynan, I'd post that; but for now I just have the frequent suggestions to go off of. I haven't read anything new about the feature either.
Should I feel bad that nearly half my posts are in the off topic section?

Mst

Quote from: Kraehe on November 16, 2017, 06:19:05 PM
To be honest, i hope it will never get multiplayer. So that the devs have more time for new content.

Agreed. Can't understand why everybody is always asking about it. It's the least important thing in the game. Maybe it's some modern fashion to add it everywhere necessary or not but Rimworld does not fall for those cheap tricks.

Just wanted the devs to know that for everyone whining about mp there are those of us who support your course of action and trust your decisions. For me Rimworld is the breath of fresh air in all that multiplayer-lootboxes-seasonpasses-creationclub bullshit that took over the industry.

Snafu_RW

Look at it this way: during alpha development the core of the game (features, etc) is laid down. Unless the alpha specifies MP as a design concept from the beginning it's not going to happen

Once the game takes off in beta stages, it may introduce MP elements, altho that's up to DEVs

MP (even limited to LAN) is a /lot/ of extra work for someting that may not make thru alpha as a moneymaker; DEV's gotta eat after all!
Dom 8-)

Kraehe

Quote from: Mst on November 16, 2017, 07:32:27 PM
Quote from: Kraehe on November 16, 2017, 06:19:05 PM

Agreed. Can't understand why everybody is always asking about it. It's the least important thing in the game. Maybe it's some modern fashion to add it everywhere necessary or not but Rimworld does not fall for those cheap tricks.

Just wanted the devs to know that for everyone whining about mp there are those of us who support your course of action and trust your decisions. For me Rimworld is the breath of fresh air in all that multiplayer-lootboxes-seasonpasses-creationclub bullshit that took over the industry.

Same for me. 

HexCube

To be perfectly honest, I see people asking for multiplayer all the time here, but I just don't understand what it would bring to the game. Seriously, Rimworld is the kind of game that is meant to be played solo, and, personally, I think multiplayer would kind of ruin the game - sure I could still play solo, but suddenly nearly everyone who asked for multiplayer would be complaining about it. Sure it's fun to play a game with your friends, but only if it actually makes the game any different - I don't even get what the point of it would be in Rimworld - what could you do with someone else that you can't do yourself? Anyways, that's just my two cents, take it or leave it and please don't let it start a flame war.

max2veg

Those posts in here have been from about a year ago - have you MP nay-sayers changed your opinion on the topic?

vzoxz0

Christ, can you stop necroposting? You've posted in six different threads about multiplayer. It's not going to happen -- it it is, it will take a very long time, because netcode is not trivial.

Bozobub

Quote from: max2veg on October 20, 2018, 08:58:17 AM
Those posts in here have been from about a year ago - have you MP nay-sayers changed your opinion on the topic?
No.  Nor is it even slightly likely to happen.
Thanks, belgord!

max2veg

Quote from: Bozobub on October 21, 2018, 12:56:49 PM

Really? Did the dev or Ludeon spokesperson tell you that or in a public announcement (provide link)?

max2veg

Quote from: vzoxz0 on October 20, 2018, 12:01:13 PM
It's not going to happen -- it it is, it will take a very long time, because netcode is not trivial.

My name's not Christ. Also, by definition of the term necroposting, this is thread and my post does not apply to it, as the topic is still a current one and as such the post and OP's comment / concern / question is still a valid one. Stop being a bully by getting your panties in a twist and telling me and others what to do.

Quote from: vzoxz0 on October 20, 2018, 12:01:13 PM
It's not going to happen -- it it is, it will take a very long time, because netcode is not trivial.

Did a dev of Ludeon or other official spokesperson tell you that or made an official public announcement about "not going to happen"? If so, link?
"...it will take a very long time, because netcode is not trivial." - really? You work for Ludeon? Are you even a game dev? Ludeon('s spokesperson) specifically made the announcement on the game's Kickstarter page that MP will happen if there's enough request for it... which there is, obviously.

Koek

Quote from: max2veg on October 25, 2018, 11:40:59 AM

My name's not Christ. Also, by definition of the term necroposting, this is thread and my post does not apply to it, as the topic is still a current one and as such the post and OP's comment / concern / question is still a valid one. Stop being a bully by getting your panties in a twist and telling me and others what to do.

Replies like these rarely get you the answers you seek.

Shurp

I can't even imagine *how* you would play rimworld in multiplayer.  Does the planet keep spinning while you're away at real life?  What happens if wargs show up while you're sleeping?
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Bozobub

Quote from: max2veg on October 25, 2018, 11:30:32 AM
Quote from: Bozobub on October 21, 2018, 12:56:49 PM

Really? Did the dev or Ludeon spokesperson tell you that or in a public announcement (provide link)?
Nah.  Do your own research; try using the "search" function of the forum, perhaps?

You seem to think everyone replying has some sort of axe to grind against multiplayer, which simply is not true.  If you disagree, that's fine, but you're going to have to explain *WHY* you disagree, if you plan on convincing both the rest of the playerbase and the devs.

Exactly why should Tynan, et al., bother with such a feature?   How do you envision implementing it in the current game?  I've noticed that you don't have a clearly articulated answer to either of those two questions, at least not yet.  Do you really think that a game that was never really intended to be multiplayer in the 1st place, is suddenly going to gain such a feature "out of the blue"..?

Tynan has already declared RimWorld largely "feature complete"; multiplayer is a feature, I think you'll agree.   
Thanks, belgord!