Accuracy over 1.0?

Started by Halno, November 17, 2017, 09:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halno

I'm trying to make a end-game turret that when in short range (0-15 Tiles) can hit an opponent with 100% accuracy all the time, regardless of environment or cover; By setting the short/touch range accuracy to 1.0 i noticed that several shots were missing their target, so i increased it to 2.0, and when i didn't see much effect, i upped it to 3.0, again not seeing much effect and several missed shots in this range. i tried checking for any forced miss but i didn't see anything out of the ordinary. i want to know if the accuracy is indeed capped at 100% or if i can increase that so that it will never miss within a set range?

DiamondBorne

Didn't accuracy have some sort of hard cap? You can never go over 100% or something.

Alistaire

Turrets have a ShootingAccuracy skill at 0.96. A distance factor is generated 0.96^(distance) so at even relatively low distance, this factor is really small. Then there's weather factors, roof factors. If the target is a pawn, body size plays a role. Any gas between turret and target also changes accuracy. The only factor you're influencing with your 1.0 is the one for equipment.

I think this factor is also limited to 0.0-1.0, but you could go for broke and put in a few million for each of the accuracies and see what happens.