B18 released!

Started by legendary, November 18, 2017, 02:31:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

legendary

So, what's your thoughts on B18? How many iterations will have Beta branch? What do you expect on Stable 1.0?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/IPI2vUqdZFY
StarCraft | WarZone 2100 | Civilization | RimWorld | Homeworld - games that deserve your time of life.

Chibiabos

Its Alpha 18.  We're not in Beta yet.  New features still getting worked in.  'Beta' is when its pretty much feature complete, things just get tweaked and fixed.
Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

Modo44

It's never going beta. When you stop adding features, you can't claim that bugs, performance, and major issues (hello, enemy AI, hello, pathfinding) will get fixed after you stop adding features. Despite Rimworld's positive history, it's still stuck in this vicious early access cycle.

Chibiabos

Whoah.  I totally have to recant.  Its officially Beta.  (Check the Steam news).
Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

Headshotkill

It is now beta, they will still ad content but not totally new systems like caravans for example. Existing systems and the game overall will still be improved.

No panick, Rimworld has one of the most talented modding communities for totally new unlimited content potential.

Yoshida Keiji

I don't see the Beta 18 in the drop down menu. File attached.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

PatrykSzczescie

Quote from: Yoshida Keiji on November 18, 2017, 05:22:01 AM
I don't see the Beta 18 in the drop down menu. File attached.
I guess they intended to compensate for non-Steam players, who weren't able to play on unstable Alpha versions.

Alenerel

Quote from: Modo44 on November 18, 2017, 02:50:18 AM
It's never going beta. When you stop adding features, you can't claim that bugs, performance, and major issues (hello, enemy AI, hello, pathfinding) will get fixed after you stop adding features. Despite Rimworld's positive history, it's still stuck in this vicious early access cycle.

The update is called beta, Tynan explicitly said that it was beta and no alpha, its on the blog post. He said he wont make any more big changes, just tweaks and add content, but dont expect any new system or big rework.

Mr_Man

Nice... my A17 save is now lost until I find a previous copy because Steam pushed the update without me being able to defer or disable it.

Jan2607

You know you can switch back to A17 on Steam?

Ser Kitteh

Huzzah, praise Tynan!

Also, patchnotes when?

Mr_Man

The version they have up is different from the one I was running from the Rimworld store: 0.17.1557. I will have to find the old download again.

grrizo

It's a typo. In the video he's constantly saying "alpha".
Also:
Lavish meal, now with extra Yorkshire terrier meat.

Goldenpotatoes

Quote from: grrizo on November 18, 2017, 10:37:48 AM
It's a typo. In the video he's constantly saying "alpha".
Also:

Pretty sure it's beta.

BasileusMaximos

Jesus Christ, that colony is a mess! Is this how Tynan usually plays?