What can we expect until/after release?

Started by Jan2607, November 18, 2017, 09:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan2607

From the Beta 18 release notes:

"The "Beta" designation means that we're on the final stretch before the 1.0 release, and that there won't be major content additions like whole new game systems. Of course we will almost certainly add more content, before the 1.0 release or after."

I'm curious, how big this new content will be. I was hoping for stuff like a water system, where you can finally build water pipes and hydro power plants. But now I'm afraid that there will be only small content updates in the future.
Did Tynan state, what plans he has for RimWorld?
I hope that there will be more content updates after release. I really enjoy reading the release notes and all the stuff Tynan adds. I really can't imagine a RimWorld without adding new content every few months. After all these years, I'm used to it :D

RemingtonRyder

I think what this means is that new content will flesh out what's already there, rather than adding three more bionic appendages for a sick 250% manipulation score. ;)

Teh_Dahnald

Daimonin

Just fleshing out the existing systems, adding more content, but not content of entirely new types.
So no new base systems, but anything that expands on or builds on top of the existing systems is a possibility?

The way I imagine it, I'd think that new prosthetics are a possibility, as is a river-based generator, or other content that uses rivers.
Same I expect the caravans and over-world in general will get more content and changes, probably a rework of what you can do with factions and such. I expect one day, your starting location will determine things like how often and from were you get traders/raiders. Maybe a proper mechanoid faction, so the mechanopid raids are actually coming FROM somewhere. etc.

On the other hand there won't be plumbing, or multiplayer, or flying around in your spaceship, or genetic engineering, and so on.

TL;DR: If it exists, it may be improved, expanded upon, and reworked. If it doesn't exist, it's probably not going to.