[B18] Randomisable Sea Ice (22nd Jan 2018)

Started by XeoNovaDan, November 18, 2017, 10:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XeoNovaDan

Compatibility
Will work with any other mod that doesn't remove the 'canAutoChoose=false' tag from Sea Ice. There's not a single mod that does this, so this mod is therefore compatible with all other mods.

Download
GitHub
Steam

Like this mod? Check out my other mods here!

Overview
Tired of not being able to pick a random sea ice tile when randomising tiles for your freezing cold planet for your challenging sea ice run? This mod's for you!

OK, as the above pretty much stated, this is a niche mod aimed at experienced players and challenge seekers who'd like the ability to be able to randomly select Sea Ice tiles. Yes, in vanilla, there's an XML tag which prevents you from being able to roll a Sea Ice tile when randomly selecting; this mod simply removes that tag through the power of one xpatch.

Do note that, possibly due to faction base selection weight, your chances of rolling sea ice will still be fairly low compared to ice sheet and tundra - or other biomes if on warmer planets - so it will take a fair few rolls. However, this mod at least makes it possible.

Credits
Marnador for their ice-cool RimWorld-style font.
Cliparting for the free dice clipart used in the thumbnail - shame on me, I know.

License
As is standard with my mods: you may include this mod in a mod pack, and you may derive from this, but please inform me if you're doing so either through here or Ludeon Forums, and give credit where credit's due.

Mkok

When I first read the name I though this would allow you to regenerate/randomize the map after you generate it  ;D ;D

Nice little addition though  ;D