[B18] Skill Overhead (22nd Jan 2018)

Started by XeoNovaDan, November 18, 2017, 10:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XeoNovaDan

Compatibility
This mod should work with any other mod, since this mod is the first of its kind.

Download
GitHub
Steam

Like this mod? Check out my other mods here!

Overview
Tired of inconsequential injuries like tiny eye scars making your legendary constructors fail three constructions in a row, or tiny digit loss crippling your growers and animal handlers? This mod's for you, folks!

In vanilla RimWorld, the following success chance stats stop developing past level 8:

• Animal Product Yield
  • Construction
  • Harvest Yield

As a result, a level 15 with an eye injury will still only have the same success rate as a level 8 with the same injury. This doesn't make sense since the level 15 has had significantly more experience, so the tiny injury shouldn't really affect their chances at all, or only minimally.

This mod addresses that.

Now past level 8, the above stats will actually continue to develop, albeit very slowly. This means that minor injuries will no longer effectively cripple the well-functioning of your master constructors, and so on!

Credits
Marnador for their great RimWorld font.

License
As is standard with my mods: you may include this mod in a mod pack, and you may derive from this, but please inform me if you're doing so either through here or Ludeon Forums, and give credit where credit's due.

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Toast

This mod truly speaks to my soul. Thank you.

XeoNovaDan

@Toast - Thanks for the support - enjoy!